As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Wii Hunt Info Thread.

1596061626365»

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    scootch wrote:
    Target's ad for 1/21 just popped up and the Wii is advertised. Prepare to camp.

oh god.. I don't know if I have the heart to :(

last time I camped, they had just enough ticket to give to the guy in front of me. That pretty much crushed my spirit.
    Best Buy may be holding Wiis for the 21st as well. We'll have to wait for that ad to come out but if that's the case, Best Buy opens 2 hours later than Target. If you strike out at Target just roll over to the closest Best Buy.

Oh God no... I'm going to be back at uni and I only have a Target close to my apartment....... since it is already advertised, that means there WILL be a line, and captain cocksucker the eBay scalper will probably be there 3 days in advance to buy the whole damn stock.

Though... this DOES give me the chance to kick his fucking ass.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    scootch wrote:
    I want to play TP sooo bad. one of my friend won't stop talking about it. I keep asking him not to because I don't want to know whats in the game!
    You could always buy the gamecube version.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    scootch wrote:
    I want to play TP sooo bad. one of my friend won't stop talking about it. I keep asking him not to because I don't want to know whats in the game!

I had a roommate that did the exact same thing to me. Damn I'm glad he moved out.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    scootchscootch Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    scootch wrote:

I sold my gamecube while "D/V out GCN" were still in demand.

scootch on
    TF2 stats
    PSN: super_emu
    Xbox360 Gamertag: Emuchop
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Why is there hate for the gamecube version? It's exactly the same game.

Bartholamue on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Why is there hate for the gamecube version? (I was waiting three years for it on gamecube, and that's what I wanted it for)

there is no hate for the gamecube version.

scootch on
    TF2 stats
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I see.

Bartholamue on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I see.

I probably would of bought the GCN version if I had the system.

I didn't want a GCN and a Wii. since I knew wii was 100% backwards compatible. so I sold my GCN when opportunity reared it's head.

sold the system for $100 and the cable for $50.. don't think it was too bad for a system with so much play time on it.

scootch on
    TF2 stats
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I am skipping the GC version of TP because I want to celebrate the Wii with a brand new Zelda.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I am skipping the GC version of TP because I want to celebrate the Wii with a brand new Zelda.
    See, I played TP GC so I could celebrate the end of the GC's fine era with a brand new Zelda.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Elendil wrote:
    See, I played TP GC so I could celebrate the end of the GC's fine era with a brand new Zelda.

I just got Paper Mario, that'll be my 'Cube's swan song.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Elendil wrote:

I just got Paper Mario, that'll be my 'Cube's swan song.

apparently chibi robo was mine.
    but since the wii games seem to be a bit...subpar (and still going for new game prices) i will probably finish up paper mario and a couple others i still got kicking around.
    maybe finally get eternal darkness, which i hear great things about.

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    what about that paper mario platform-ish game and the donkey kong flying one?
    are they canceled? I thought it was just delayed.. wonder if it's getting moved to wii.

scootch on
    TF2 stats
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    someone posted on dvd talk, privy to the ads before they go out, that targets, BB and CC will be advertising the system again for sale between the 21st and 27th of this month.
    this is supposedly the big release that targets and BB have been "holding" (although, targets have also apparently been selling wiis. so i have no clue about that)

PatboyX on
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    PatboyX wrote:
    someone posted on dvd talk, privy to the ads before they go out, that targets, BB and CC will be advertising the system again for sale between the 21st and 27th of this month.
    this is supposedly the big release that targets and BB have been "holding" (although, targets have also apparently been selling wiis. so i have no clue about that)

I find employees are very poor at following orders, especially those that involve holding stock, and selling only one per customer.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Elendil wrote:
    Well, I played both versions, giving me ultimate satisfaction.

Graviija on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Graviija wrote:
    Elendil wrote:

i fucked them both.
    hard.
    before they were famous.

PatboyX on
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    PatboyX wrote:
    Graviija wrote:
    Elendil wrote:

i fucked them both.
    hard.
    before they were famous.
    The Olsen twins?

JJ on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    JJ wrote:
    PatboyX wrote:
    Graviija wrote:
    Elendil wrote:

i fucked them both.
    hard.
    before they were famous.
    The Olsen twins?

Weren't they famous by like, age 6? :|

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote:
    JJ wrote:
    PatboyX wrote:
    Graviija wrote:
    Elendil wrote:

i fucked them both.
    hard.
    before they were famous.
    The Olsen twins?

:lol: yeah!

:lol:

JJ on
  • Options
    nindustrialnindustrial Word Typer Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Alright Nintendo, I'm steadily approaching the 360 event horizon. If Best Buy does not receive a waggle of wii, one of which I am able to easily retrieve, you will have forefeited your chance; I will walk out of that store with a new console, regardless of already owning TP.

I HAVE SPOKEN!

nindustrial on
    chstreamsig.jpg
  • Options
    OneEyedJackOneEyedJack Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    You could do a lot worse. I have a 360 and a Wii. Don't get me wrong, the Wii is great, but there isnt a whole lot out for it right now. The 360 has a LOT of amazing stuff to play while you wait for the Wii to hit its stride.

OneEyedJack on
    1089605-1.png?1281667433
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Alright Nintendo, I'm steadily approaching the 360 event horizon. If Best Buy does not receive a waggle of wii, one of which I am able to easily retrieve, you will have forefeited your chance; I will walk out of that store with a new console, regardless of already owning TP.

I HAVE SPOKEN!

Ding-dong! May I interject for a second? As a 360 owner for the past year, if there's one thing I've learned, it's that if you're craving Wii, the games on 360 just don't cut it. In fact, just thinking about those awesome little Wiis with those little, itty-bitty wiimotes that just fit in your hand and control your game whenever you move it... just makes me want to burn my 360 down. Come on, Pookie, let's burn this motherfucker down! Come on, Pookie! Let's burn it, Pookie! Let's burn this motherfucker down! Let's burn it down! Let's burn it! So you guys maybe should just suck it up and wait for a Wii.

jackal on
  • Options
    OneEyedJackOneEyedJack Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I love how the rack hits Pookie and he doesn't even respond.

OneEyedJack on
    1089605-1.png?1281667433
  • Options
    AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    JJ wrote:
    DarkPrimus wrote:
    JJ wrote:
    PatboyX wrote:
    Graviija wrote:
    Elendil wrote:

i fucked them both.
    hard.
    before they were famous.
    The Olsen twins?

:lol: yeah!

:lol:

Well, acutally, I'm pretty sure they were acting before 3...

I'll never look at Full House the same way again.

Everywhere you look, everywhere you go, there's a face, of somebody who needs you...

Aydr on
  • Options
    nindustrialnindustrial Word Typer Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    jackal wrote:

I HAVE SPOKEN!

Ding-dong! May I interject for a second? As a 360 owner for the past year, if there's one thing I've learned, it's that if you're craving Wii, the games on 360 just don't cut it. In fact, just thinking about those awesome little Wiis with those little, itty-bitty wiimotes that just fit in your hand and control your game whenever you move it... just makes me want to burn my 360 down. Come on, Pookie, let's burn this motherfucker down! Come on, Pookie! Let's burn it, Pookie! Let's burn this motherfucker down! Let's burn it down! Let's burn it! So you guys maybe should just suck it up and wait for a Wii.

Well, that does make sense... but a shopping mall full of zombies is also making a persuasive, albeit less articulate, case. I guess I'll know in a week.

nindustrial on
    chstreamsig.jpg
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    jackal wrote:

I HAVE SPOKEN!

Well, that does make sense... but a shopping mall full of zombies is also making a persuasive, albeit less articulate, case. I guess I'll know in a week.
    You really can't go wrong with a 360. I love the Wii, but unless you're an absolute Zelda fanatic (like me), you're really not missing much by waiting six months.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    EtericEteric Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Wario Ware comes out tomorrow... D:

Eteric on
    eatfranks5.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Eteric wrote:

My frothing demand for Wii increases

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Eteric wrote:

My frothing demand for Wii increases

I saw like 20 copies in the store today. Would of bought one, but I'm out of town and was too lazy to pack my Wii.

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Eteric wrote:

It ships tomorrow. Most stores won't have it until Tuesday.

I'll be picking it up at the same time as PW2.

I hope. Didn't have the cash to preorder both.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    someone make a new thread this is a big thread i hate big threads

tall.gif

Monoxide on
This discussion has been closed.