The holiday hangout will go online tomorrow! If there's anything in the regular subforums that you're going to want to access over the holidays, copy it now while it's still accessible.
Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Where's Vault Boy? NSF56K?

SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
edited February 2009 in Singularity Engine++
WHERE'S VAULT BOY?

We all pretend that Fallout 3 is an RPG, or an FPS, or an FPSRPG, or a post-apocalyptic-trading-sim but really deep down, we all know that it's just a game about collecting Vault Boy bobble-heads. Trudging through the wastelands for days, stumbling across the remains of human settlements, frantically searching high and low for that little blonde-haired guy in the blue jump-suit and ignoring anything that might actually aid in survival.

Well, those bobble-heads are real actual things so why are we restricting our head-hunting to an in-game activity? Plenty of people have bobble-heads and a suitable post-apocalyptic environment is never far from home, or work. Put two and two together and you end up with a passable way for me - and maybe you - to waste time at work.

Peruse these scenes of destruction. What happened here? Was it a nuclear war or perhaps a mutant flu virus? Never mind that now, that's not important any more. Where the hell are the vault boy bobble heads? They must be around here somewhere...

vaultboy1.jpg

vaultboy2.jpg

vaultboy3.jpg

vaultboy4.jpg

Humour me - if you've got a collectors edition of Fallout 3, find a suitable post-apocalyptic environment (your bedroom/kitchen/bathroom/livingroom/sewer/abandoned mental hospital), hide your Vault Boy bobble head in plain view, take a pic and upload it. Bonus points if you come back with radiation poisoning so I can do some tests for my research.

Szechuanosaurus on