As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

'Net Speed - Super Bad Ping?

MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain?ChicagoRegistered User regular
edited February 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I'll be at home because I wasn't accepted into the same college as my best friend, so...

No, I'm just trying to find why my cable modem (Comcast) is so slow. I read Jimmy King's recent thread about speeds, and seems like my Ping and Uploads are bad:

420055480.png

Browsing is usually OK, but anytime the page sends anything like a bank site, or even searching the boards here, it takes forever. I have the Linksys modem/router WCG200 (FW 2.0.3.9.31-1023). Is it the modem, or something else?

MichaelLC on

• Options
    EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I have less than half your download speed and I can search sites and play games just fine.

I don't think it's your internet speeds. Your upload is like 6 times what mine is.

Endomatic on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Your upload and download speeds are fine. Your ping time is likely fine, too, 50ms ping to something on the internet isn't bad at all.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, a 50ms ping in any online game is lagless usually.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The only way you are gonna get anything better than 50ms is if you are connecting to something on your own private network, or on your ISP's network.

Buttcleft on