Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Let's Play Penumbra Black Plague - Set 17 - The end of the journey

HelloweenHelloween Registered User regular
edited June 2010 in Games and Technology
Hello and welcome to this Let’s Play of Penumbra: Overture/Black Plague

penumbrablackplaguepc.jpg

Horror LP number 5 eh? Not even Kruger could scare me at this point…unless he was a spider. And it’s dark. And all I have is a crap hammer.
Penumbra: Overture was suggested by a few people in the Dead Space thread and even from the first part I have recorded, seems dead scary.

It’s very tense and the main character is weak. The flashlight/torch flickering and buzzing genuinely made me scared at that point.

I think I’m going to love this.

Shall we Wiki steal?

Although Frictional Games describes Penumbra: Overture as a first-person adventure, the game blends the genres of survival horror, first-person shooter, and adventure. The use of Newton Game Dynamics emphasizes physics-based puzzles similar to those in Half-Life 2 as well as physics-based combat. The game also takes advantage of advanced artificial intelligence to respond realistically to noises and light, creating stealth-based gameplay.

There are no firearms in the game, so during combat the player is limited to improvised melee fighting with a pickaxe, or throwing objects at attacking creatures. The game is designed to emphasize stealth and avoidance over direct conflict. (For example, Philip can close doors behind him to temporarily hold off attacking enemies.)

The game's main focus is on exploration and classic adventure game object interaction: examining and collecting objects and using them to solve puzzles.

Like the sound of that? Check our Professor Sungglesworth's reviews of all 3 games in the series which can be found here:

Overture

Black Plague

Requiem.

So with that, let’s get on with the show.

The videos will be on Youtube now you can watch them in high quality from the off. They will be spoilered for ease of use, so just click the set you wish to watch!

Sets one to nine are Overture. Ten onwards is the new and shinier Black Plague

Videos

Set 1 - A Spider and a hammer
Spoiler:

Set 2 - Bad Satan Dog
Spoiler:

Set 3 - Stupid TNT
Spoiler:

Set 4 - You've been a bad Dog
Spoiler:

Set 5 - Set 'o' death
Spoiler:

Set 6 - The mining Monster
Set 7 - Painkillers solve everything
Set 8 - Mine kart madness
Spoiler:

Set 9 - Phil scores a first place knockout! (end of overture)
Set 10 (Black Plague) - What the HELL is that?
Spoiler:

Set 11 - A trip to Silent Hill
Spoiler:

Set 12 - Does hearing voices make you crazy?
Spoiler:

Set 13 - The Doctor is 'In'
Spoiler:

Set 14 - Get out of here S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Set 15 - Rats in the walls
Spoiler:

Set 16 - A most evil hug
Spoiler:

Set 17 - The end of the journey

Helloween on
See all of my Let's Plays Here:
Youtube Channel!