As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Comic: 3-4-09

• Options
    the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    i think the correct attitude in situations like that is 'good, more for me'

but it doesn't always work like that

like, when people don't go to the gym, it's less crowded, allowing me to finish my workout faster. so good, more for me

but if my gf isn't in the mood for hot sexxings, that attitude is just confusing

the wook on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited March 2009
    I'm locking this thread for a moment. The rules ard in the rule different for this thread, as is clearly outlined in the rules. My day has not started well. I would highly recommend people to talk about the fucking comic and stop spamming.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    and we begin anew

Tube on
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    i've never really got into tabletop. been curious for a while though

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    ackack Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I bought a player's handbook, but I don't know anybody that plays so it's just sitting on my shelf.

ack on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm locking this thread for a moment. The rules ard in the rule different for this thread, as is clearly outlined in the rules. My day has not started well. I would highly recommend people to talk about the fucking comic and stop spamming.

Almost everybody is talking about either the comic, or D&D.

It's barely inching off the mark, duder.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited March 2009
    Goatmon wrote: »

Almost everybody is talking about either the comic, or D&D.

It's barely inching off the mark, duder.

I deleted a lot of posts.

Tube on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oh.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Damn, it's so simple and beautiful. I used to have a hard time getting into a mindset of completely fucking over my friends in games.

Henroid on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    Damn, it's so simple and beautiful. I used to have a hard time getting into a mindset of completely fucking over my friends in games.

But the proper mindset is to present your friends with something that is challenging, possibly extremely so, but still beatable.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    SKLAP

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Tycho's the DM whisperer.

Meiz on
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Someone should edit Rihanna and Chris Brown into the comic.

Falx on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Falx wrote: »
    Someone should edit Rihanna and Chris Brown into the comic.

I don't even know who those people are and I want to sklap you for suggesting it.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Mully plays D&D? I didn't know.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hah, love it.

I've always equated being a DM with being a sports referee. You're there to pass judgement and guide the players, and people may hate you, but it's not your place to persecute them and drop several hundred tons of rocks on their head at every opportunity.

If only French referees could realise this.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    A DM should throw interesting (and sometimes a bit sadistic) challenges at his/her players, but it shouldn't be impossible to overcome

Ivar on
  • Options
    EnergenoEnergeno Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Badedit03042009.jpg

Energeno on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    heh

Ivar on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So has anyone else managed to download the DnD podcast for today? The link's up, but it's just downloading a junk file for me. I assume I'm finally being punished for my many crimes against God and man.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    It 404s

Ivar on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    If it's downloading anything at all, it's probably the web page with the error message or something

Ivar on
  • Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Man, this makes me want to watch that Dexter's Lab D and D episode where DeeDee is a DM.

Sir Platypus on
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Okay, I did manage to laugh out loud at this one; as the hip daddy cats these days like to say, "I lol'd."

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    This makes me wanna run a game :(

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    SKLAP

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    This makes me wanna run a game :(

Don't do it; you will never get your life back, not for many a year. Took me till aught seven to see the light of day again....

Never did find old Jeb; lost him in the mines.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    i run a tabletop game once a week, and play in another

not D&D

but still a RPG

Pony on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ivar wrote: »
    If it's downloading anything at all, it's probably the web page with the error message or something

Ah. So it does. I hadn't tried clicking the link directly, because trying to play podcasts in my browser always causes a C++ error of some kind.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Well, I've run plenty of games, the trouble is finding a time that everyone agrees on and with people that won't generate drama, and won't be angry neckbeards.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    angry neckbeards are the worst part of tabletop gaming

hurfing and durfing all around

i've had my share of terrible experiences

Pony on
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    A DM should throw interesting (and sometimes a bit sadistic) challenges at his/her players, but it shouldn't be impossible to overcome

My favourite DM is a genius when it comes to making us think he's going to screw us over, and then throwing a completely different challenge at us. We once spent two hours organising the logistics of a supply run, including fuel, food and timing of terrain, only to be ambushed before we even got to the drop site.

He also rolls initiative for things that aren't there and makes us plan expeditions down to which aide is carrying what equipment, in the event of "accidents".

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I am completely willing to gloss over rules that bog things down just to keep the momentum of the story going, but then you'll have one dude who just gets in a big damn huff because he totally should have been able to do that it says so right here in the book.

Like he vitally needed to do that extra d4 to a kobold.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    angry neckbeards are the worst part of tabletop gaming

hurfing and durfing all around

i've had my share of terrible experiences

I play D&D rather than DMing it most of the time but all I remember from one of my few DM attempts was this squat fat bloke who was a patronising dick to the rest of the party

With eyes like mouths, all ringed with fat and droopy and the quintessential neckbeard

A condescending arsehole with encyclopaedic knowledge of the game but with all the empathy and social acumen of

Well, a fat ugly douchebag

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Well, I've run plenty of games, the trouble is finding a time that everyone agrees on and with people that won't generate drama, and won't be angry neckbeards.

Timing is everyone's biggest problem right now in my gaming crew; we actually have different teams that run on different days for one GM on one weekend and then one of the players from that weekend runs two games on opposite weekends. Sometimes we get a good chunk of the players together in one room and it's a giant nerd convention punctuated by the swearing and cursing of world weary IT and tech support alcoholics.

Good times.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Not to mention hurfin' de erf

Ivar on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

My favourite DM is a genius when it comes to making us think he's going to screw us over, and then throwing a completely different challenge at us. We once spent two hours organising the logistics of a supply run, including fuel, food and timing of terrain, only to be ambushed before we even got to the drop site.

He also rolls initiative for things that aren't there and makes us plan expeditions down to which aide is carrying what equipment, in the event of "accidents".

:|

I hate that sort of minutiae. Seriously? Logging how much hemp rope each hireling has? I'm playing a game, not doing an company inventory.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I'm playing a game, not doing an company inventory.

I'm with you; keeping track of ammo is one thing but keeping track of water and food when I'm a ranger in a woodlands environment? Fuck right off, man.

No, seriously, I had a guy that GM'd that way in high school. Used to piss me off something fierce.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Also I've been reading the GURPS Hellboy sourcebook and I need to look into picking up the GURPS core rulebook, it's a neat system.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I... read the GURPS setting books but I don't think I've ever played more than two hours of it in my whole life.

But I'm told that's not a condition unique to me

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
This discussion has been closed.