Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Summer of XBLA Love 2009 - Dishwasher, PQ: Galactrix, Uno Rush and more

RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
edited April 2009 in Games and Technology
From MajorNelson's blog:

"The Days of Arcade are coming

Starting March 18th, we’re kicking off the Days of Arcade promotion. Much like the Summer of Arcade last year, (but bigger) the Arcade team has lined up six-weeks of blockbuster titles :

The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai
Flock
Hasbro Family Game Night
Lode Runner
Outrun Online Arcade
Puzzle Quest: Galactrix
UNO Rush

First out of the gate on March 18th is Hasbro Family Game Night. Following that, I’ll post each Monday what that weeks Arcade release will be.

As you can see, that we’ve got seven titles..for a six-week promotion. The Arcade team decided they’re going to surprise you one week when they double up the fun."

I have to say, I'm a little disappointed. Dishwasher: Dead Samurai looks incredible (like a 2D version of Devil May Cry, complete with guitar controller co-op mode), Puzzle Quest: Galactrix should be fun (although it's disappointing that it's not out yet since it's already available for the PC), and I'm a sucker for Lode Runner, but those are probably the only titles I'll buy from the list. It's not like last year where I ended up buying all 5 games (Geo Wars 2, Galaga Legions, Braid, Castle Crashers, and Bionic Commando: Rearmed) and ended up loving 4 (didn't care much for Bionic Commando).

RainbowDespair on