As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Low volume on Xbox 360 movies

El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
Whenever I play a movie on my Xbox 360, the volume seems rather wimpy and turning the volume up on my TV doesn't seem to help much. It still feels hard to hear, and the worst part is that when I go back to the dashboard it is painfully loud.

It doesn't seem to matter if I watch a DVD or use my HD-DVD player (haha Bluray), and now it's also affecting movies via Netflix. Games are as loud as I want them to be, so it's not a hardware problem, I think. It's just whenver I play video that the volume just seems to disappear.

What gives? Is there a separate audio control for movies on the Xbox that I'm not aware of?

On a related note, my brother was just complaining to me that Netflix on his computer is also experiencing the same issues of low volume despite really cranking it.

El Guaco on

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    El Guaco wrote: »
    What gives? Is there a separate audio control for movies on the Xbox that I'm not aware of?

Yes. Poke buttons on your controller. I don't remember what exactly does it (I think it's the right joystick?), but I'm positive it's there.

Frem on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Frem wrote: »
    El Guaco wrote: »

Yes. Poke buttons on your controller. I don't remember what exactly does it (I think it's the right joystick?), but I'm positive it's there.

I have the movie remote controller. I'll try the normal controller too.

El Guaco on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Well, I got nowhere with this. I think it may have something to do that I'm using stereo instead of 5.1?

The only separate volume control is on the dashboard but it only affects audio playback on CD's and media on the HD. It does squat to movies on DVD or Netflix. However, I did notice that Dark Knight has a decent volume level as well as Star Trek (HD) original episodes. Maybe it's a combination of poor audio on some movies with a dash of stereo instead of 5.1.

El Guaco on