Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

I'm sorry. It's these [CHAT]yons. They're muddling things up.

srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
edited March 2009 in Artist's Corner
I would not be surprised if this one has been done.

Continuing topic of last thread:
Magnet_4.jpg

alternate: Why Watchmen sucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDDHHrt6l4w

srsizzy on
BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS

• NappuccinoNappuccino Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    srsizzy wrote: »
    Why can't playing Final Fantasy 9 on my PC be easy?

There's no good games to play! Why do they want me to pay millions of dollars to play new Final Fantasy games! Those pricks!

If you own the game.... there are ways

{edited just in case}

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Spoiler:
  • BuckwolfeBuckwolfe Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Something similar happened to a few friends of mine short while back, ND. The situation sucked enormous balls for them, and left a very sour taste in their mouths afterward (I guess it tasted like enormous balls...). It was on a slightly larger scale though, as it was for an original animated series that one friend, in particular, had been working on for years. The douche in question basically took all of their collective work, effort, and original IP for himself, all the while stringing them along with sweet lies of having major networking connections, sure fire ins with the industry, etc.

I'd suggest beating this person to within an inch of their myopic life, or further if necessary.

• NightDragonNightDragon Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Tam wrote: »
    AAAARGH

A friend of mine (really good artist here) and I decided to collaborate...which then turned into a bunch of ideas getting thrown around, and in the end we decided "okay, we're going to grab these people together, and we'll all make an artbook together, etc etc".....and we got all these plans together, including what we're going to do with the book, how it'll be designed, what it'll include.....THE SPECIFIC PROFESSOR to write a forward in the book, perhaps...

(this idea initially started a few months ago)

...and NOW I find out that one of these people we picked to be a part of this....has backed out, is doing her own thing, and is stealing our ideas, and grabbing the people we were going to ask, and is pretty much being a douche.

And she hasn't told me, or my friend yet. We just found out because my friend went up to one of the kids we were going to get to do this book with us, and he was like "oh, 'so-and-so' is doing that exact same thing, with this, this, and this person, and she wants to finish it before the end of spring break".

RAAAAAAAAAGE

what a cunt

whoops

misogyny

No that's probably relatively accurate at this point

rotate.php BloggerLink.gifTumblrLink.gif
  • TamTam I hate art I love artRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    are you, as a member of the sisterhood of the uterus, giving me permission to use the c-word?

• KendeathwalkerKendeathwalker Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Sisterhood of the uterus.

Tam Id like for you to say that last sentence out loud.

edited March 2009
    well you wouldn't be able to hear me though...

edited March 2009
    .. Its more for you than for me.

ND. The only response is to burn that fuckers house down.

Go to the instructors/professors and inform them of what happened. Just the ones that youd be asking to have a part in the book. Its not tatle taling.. That shit is just low.

Why have scientist not figured out a way to make water colors dry faster. I literally spend half my time watching the paint dry so I can start working again.

edited March 2009
    I'm not getting anything other than a slight joke with member and uterus

• LoomdunLoomdun Registered User
    edited March 2009
    What i'm trying to understand is why would the people who you picked be taken by her? Wouldnt they have informed you if you had asked them already? Like "Hey this crazy hoe is taking your ideaaa". Also how did she gain this information if she was among the list of picked.

splat
  • srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    srsizzy wrote: »
    Why can't playing Final Fantasy 9 on my PC be easy?

There's no good games to play! Why do they want me to pay millions of dollars to play new Final Fantasy games! Those pricks!
    If you own the game.... there are ways
    Oh, yes, I know. :winky:

I own a PS and the game, but not a TV, so I don't feel any regret for what I have just achieved.

BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
    edited March 2009
    Why have scientist not figured out a way to make water colors dry faster. I literally spend half my time watching the paint dry so I can start working again.

Um...You could try working in a drier environment, maybe? A high rate of air circulation certainly does help. Apart from the obvious I haven't got any other suggestions. Having a lot of patience is kind of inherent in watercolor painting.

edited March 2009
    Could a hair drier help speed the process at all?

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Spoiler:
    edited March 2009
    Go to the instructors/professors and inform them of what happened. Just the ones that youd be asking to have a part in the book. Its not tatle taling. That shit is just low.

Yeah, that's what we're going to do. My friend and I are both going to send the professor an e-mail...we're not going to say what this girl is doing, but we're just going to remind him about our plan to make the book, and make sure he's still up for writing a forward in it.

• BetelgeuseBetelgeuse Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

They have, and it's called a BLOW DRYER

edited March 2009

Scientists don't give a shit about art.

edited March 2009
    Betelgeuse wrote: »

They have, and it's called a BLOW DRYER

it seems my hypothesis was correct.

Spoiler:
    edited March 2009
    Except Richard Feynmann, he drew a lot.

edited March 2009
    A Hair dryer can speed up some of it. But it ruins things if your trying to get a nice bleed effect. Pushes the pigment around.

Going from oils.. where I paint alla prima( I just hammer away at the painting, if it gets to thick/wet I scrape it mix what I was going to change it to and lay it back down) to water colors is a bit of a shock.

I have a space heater.. I wonder if I just set the painting next to it it should make the water evaporate faster right?.. Im so impatient.

• DMACDMAC Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited March 2009
    Good Lord you people talk a lot.

forum_sig
    DarrenMAC on Xbox Live | deviantART | Twitter | Tumblr | Facebook
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Out of all the artistic mediums you complain about taking too long to dry, you run with watercolors.

How bout oils? Oils take a fucking eternity to dry. Weeks, maybe even months before those fuckers settle.

Watercolors take next to nothing to dry. The only thing faster than that would be gouache.*

*I actually don't know which one dries faster, as I haven't used the latter in a while.

0WBv0.png
  • BetelgeuseBetelgeuse Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    A Hair dryer can speed up some of it. But it ruins things if your trying to get a nice bleed effect. Pushes the pigment around.

Put it to the lowest setting, don't hold it too close to the paper, and keep moving it in circles. It won't push the pigment around unless you've got a shitload of water on the paper.

edited March 2009
    The main thing to keep in mind about watercolor is to be patient. Its a very harsh, and unforgiving medium to work in by nature. It requires a bit of time and patients to use properly.

edited March 2009
    Buckwolfe wrote: »
    The main thing to keep in mind about watercolor is to be patient. Its a very harsh, and unforgiving medium to work in by nature. It requires a bit of time and patients to use properly.

patience

edited March 2009
    What the fuck is it with you?!

edited March 2009
    edited March 2009
    How do you solve the problem of constantly being stressed out about playing video games? Like, I feel like if I'm playing them I'm wasting precious time for school or something, like I've got to worry about something in the next two hours, but honestly if I weren't playing them I'd be on these forums or watching some TV show or doing nothing.

I don't understand why I can't relax and enjoy video games anymore.

edited March 2009
    Why you gotta play me like that, Tam? I thought we was tight?

edited March 2009
    Godfather wrote: »

Out of all the artistic mediums you complain about taking too long to dry, you run with watercolors.

How bout oils? Oils take a fucking eternity to dry. Weeks, maybe even months before those fuckers settle.

Watercolors take next to nothing to dry. The only thing faster than that would be gouache.*

*I actually don't know which one dries faster, as I haven't used the latter in a while.

I paint wet into wet with oils. So my actual working sessions when im standing in front of the easel are continous.. 3-5 hours of painting.

Not paint for 3 minutes. wait for 5 minutes for a wash to dry. then repeat.

Gouache technically never dries. It can be reactivated.

Betel- I think I need a better blow dryer. Ive got a 5 dollar walmart special that has one setting. I just rembered seeing another student using this heat gun thing at a work shop. It looks like a blow dryer but just puts off heat.
    any one ever seen this or used one? Is it worth it?

Deadlines man, deadlines.

edited March 2009

We is tight, homes.

I'm just also a Grammar and Mechanics Nazi sometimes.

• TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Just saw Coraline. It was excellent!

10170-1.png
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User
    edited March 2009

We is tight, homes.

I'm just also a Grammar and Mechanics Nazi sometimes.

yu shuld due sumtheen abut yur gramer tam

splat
    edited March 2009
    Any body ever been skydiving or wingsuit?

I want to do this.

There is also way to much of Dr. Manhattans Cock in watchmen.

I think Ive had to much coffee

edited March 2009
    Srsizzy - You just have to learn that a little r&r is necessary, and perfectly acceptable. You can't spend all your time working, and worrying about what comes next, or all the obligations you have to keep. Its obviously important to keep that shit in mind, and get it all done on time. However, if you don't give yourself a rest every now and then, you'll wind up with an ulcer or some shit. That's what happened to me.

Take some time to unwind every now and then. You need to. Hell, it can even be a source of clarity, or inspiration. I'm sure you've heard professors, and ever folk around here, that its a good idea to just take a step back and look at things. It really helps to put things in perspective. Just make sure not to let your obligations, and deadlines slip past you.

This might sound like one of those corny, self help seminar talks, but you really need to just let yourself enjoy the down time you can manage.

Hehehe...I read that as "wingslut." I don't know why that makes me giggle.

EDIT: Ah, crap. My cats in heat again...

edited March 2009
    Buck, that's actually just ironic, because I spend more time on "R&R" than actually getting work done.

But for some reason playing video games specifically puts me on edge and I can't enjoy it, whereas shows and movies and dicking around online doesn't seem to bother me that much.

edited March 2009
    Believe it or not, but I'm the exact same way. I know where you've been. The only counter argument I can come up with, is that I can still get some work done while doing all of the above, save for video games. Its easy to bounce between things like forum trolling, watching movies or shows, or random desperate browsing, and working on something.

Its because playing video games requires your undivided attention, where as other activities don't. At least not necessarily. You just need to discipline yourself.

edited March 2009
    Yeah, I'm pretty much the exact same way. I tell myself I can't spend hours a day playing videogames.....but I end up spending hours a day browsing the internet. :\

I want to do this.

Hopefully I'll get to go skydiving this spring! Wahoo! :D

• KochikensKochikens Lovely-Cuddle-Blanket-Stephen-Fry-Awesomer Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I keep meaning to play videogames... I played Noby Noby Boy... but ever since I started making videogames/thinking about career in them I've been unable to pick up my PS3 controller. Poor baby.

And aww hell am I too late for my Canadian props?

edited March 2009
    Not unless Tam, the self-appointed Canadian authority, has anything to say about it......

• desperaterobotsdesperaterobots Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I have found that civilisation has eliminated my concerns that I was 'missing out' on doing other things while playing. I played from 10pm til 5am the other day. On a friday night.

edited March 2009
    I too spend my weekend nights alone at my computer, DR.

This discussion has been closed.