As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Lets go on down to South Park! WTF!

• Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I just caught last week's episode. Absolutely loved it, especially the live action part. :P

Edit - Oh god please let Token be gay.

Turkey on
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Why doesn't it surprise me Garrison thinks Game of Thrones is an actual historical account :D

override367 on
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Mackenzier wrote: »
    I had to explain the Kony guy beating off thing to a couple of my buddies as well, but I got it when Kyle kept saying it. I was just really curious where they were going with it. I too am confused as to why it wasn't all over the news as well...

"South Park I may be done with you..." alright, hardass.

I don't get why every episode has to be a work of gold to please you guys? I enjoyed this episode and the last. I did that all the time as a kid, thinking something would be really awesome and it turned out to be boring as shit. The second pat of the episode was pretty different but it still made me laugh. The herpes thing was the only part I really didn't like.

I guess I'm in the minority here but I've laughed pretty hard at multiple points in every episode so far.

I don't know that every episode needs to be a work of gold but does it seem like the length of time between the truly enjoyable, standout episodes has been creeping ever longer. For me this started back around season 12 and nowadays I just check in every so often rather than watching religiously. As you say, the show still appeals some audience so they're doing fine I suppose.

This is just speculation on my part but maybe the difference is their personal beliefs are starting to infest the show more than it used to. If I'm correct they're incredibly cynical individuals who can't believe it's possible for people to genuinely be nice to each other in social settings. The current episode just felt like they assume everyone else is an asshole so why not piss them off as much as possible. Then again, this would explain the entire show which has had that undercurrent from the start.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Well of course it's a chore for them to be polite in social settings they are prepubescent boys trying to have fun!

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    Why doesn't it surprise me Garrison thinks Game of Thrones is an actual historical account :D

I love when Garrison teaches them pop culture, like "Why Chubby Checker left the Beatles".

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Probably one of the best episodes of the season (which might be faint praise, all considered)

The very end was kind of unsatisfying, however.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Another episode that I failed to laugh, but still pretty much enjoyed.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    That one was a lot better. Cartman ruining other people's lives is always great.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    i knew it was only a matter of time until matt referenced his beard wife on the show

KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    This episode and Cash for Gold were the best for this part of the season. That really was Brad Paisley too.

It was just a good episode, I liked the All-4-One song and it's exaggerated glory, along with Cupid Me and Halitosis Girl.

• Options
    i knew it was only a matter of time until matt referenced his beard wife on the show

His wife has halitosis?

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    New episodes start Wednesday.
    Sarcastaball
    http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/qxw4ej/help-me-sharon

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    The whole episode was a set up for one really, really funny payoff (payload?). Mr. Stotch is the worst father.

• Options
    The sarcasm in the episode was so good, especially the doctor at the end.

I liked it, it reminded me of the cash for gold story in that they make fun of everyone getting super protective about safety now and how it's more important than the other big medical things, but also recognize you throw your body at other people, you're going to have some damage to yourself.

And then semen 5 hour energy jokes

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    pretty strong start to the season

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    I normally hate the one or two joke episodes but that was superb.

• Options
    EddEdd Registered User regular
    I always appreciate when they come up with clever ways to make Butters an underdog hero.

• Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    If Butters existed in real life he would be one of those tragic stories you see on your local eleven o'clock news. In South Park, he is hilarious. Also, hooray for a mostly Randy episode.

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Butters is how serial killers get made. The shit that kid has gone through, he;d either kill everybody or himself. Maybe both.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Krieghund wrote: »
    Butters is how serial killers get made. The shit that kid has gone through, he;d either kill everybody or himself. Maybe both.

Professor_Chaos.jpg
    He's tried being evil. He wasn't good at it, IIRC.

see317 on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Oh man.
    "Fuck it, it's a fucking field goal."

had me rolling.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Krieghund wrote: »

Butters will grow up and turn into Dexter, except instead of murdering people he'll arrange it so they win fabulous prizes.

• Options
    I was mostly bored with the whole thing. I'll probably forget this episode by the end of 2012.

• Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    Sarcastaball was pretty damn hilarious. Mostly for the setup. I also like that no one in the world was able to tell what it was except for Randy.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    My favorite part was Randy taking a swig of the energy drink and very matter of factly saying "this is cum."

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    holy shit this is amazing so far

• Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Today's episode was so much better than last week, I really enjoyed it!

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    I loved both for different reasons.

The James Cameron theme song should win a Grammy.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    What is Honey Boo Boo? A reality TV show on TLC, right?

• Options
    Two good episodes in a row! They have momentum now.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    The "I'm going to fight obesity" killed me.

Though I do feel it's a bit mean to go after a six year old so harshly.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I don't think it's possible to be too harsh on honey boo boo, or at least her mom

You know what's funny, if you look at the ages of everyone in the trailer for "Here comes honey boo boo" you come to the conclusion that the father was nailing "mama" when she was 15 and he was 23

yikes

• Options
    Good episode, this season as a whole has been pretty good.

:whistle: I only know five chords :whistle:

• Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    I liked when Stan and Kyle were asking each other if they are at least partial contributors to the bar being lowered. Definitely seemed like Matt and Trey were maybe acknowledging there part in that?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I especially liked the fat guy's freakout after being tipped.
    http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/wa7zos/rascal-tipping

• Options
    Heir wrote: »
    I liked when Stan and Kyle were asking each other if they are at least partial contributors to the bar being lowered. Definitely seemed like Matt and Trey were maybe acknowledging there part in that?

That's how I interpreted that bit. Maybe not asking for forgiveness, but definitely saying "yeah, we're pretty sure we played a part in this, here's Michelle Obama beating the shit out of Cartman. We good now?".

• Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    I definitely interpreted as M&T acknowledging their part in it. I'm pretty sure the two guys that walked behind Stan and Kyle at that point where supposed to represent Matt and Trey.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Just about lost my mind when that guy screamed "Yeah! Tip Assist!"

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    2nd episode I can't relate to at all as a non-US guy.

Does the US really have a reality TV show about a 6 year old fat girl? ಠ_ಠ

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Blurbl wrote: »
    2nd episode I can't relate to at all as a non-US guy.

Does the US really have a reality TV show about a 6 year old fat girl? ಠ_ಠ
    I'm not going to link directly to a youtube video, it would in-line here, and I like to believe that I have some standards left.
    But I'll happily link you to the youtube results for the phrase "Honey Boo Boo". Please, don't judge the entire country by what you'll see if you click the following link:

I'm sorry. So very, very sorry.

see317 on