As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

(More Please) Games like Atelier Iris

Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
edited March 2009 in Games and Technology
So here I am wrapping up Atelier Iris 3 and im stuck. I want more of this style of game. I like the combat style. particularly love the whole "find items, combine items, make better items" alchemy system. Even the writing can be decent, definatly nothing spectacular though.

So are there any others out there like this?
My system choices boil down to PC, PS2, 360, Wii and a shiny DS.

Blood Drive on

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ar Tonelico and Magna Carta both have item fusion aspects.

The latter should be avoided like the plague, but it's there.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Magna Carta is an excellent game though. I also enjoyed Atelier Iris, at least the original.

Mana Khemia is also a good choice, as it is the new Atelier Iris series basically.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2009
    Khemia's essentially the sequel, so... uh... that.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, Mana Khemia. It is better than the Ar Tonelico games in every possible way, unless of course, you're a twelve year old boy that thinks "LOL BOOBS" is the height of humor.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Im honestly shocked that there are no boob jokes in AI:3. I mean there practically hanging out all over the place in the damn game. I was told repeatedly by my wife that if we ever had children that I could never play this game again :winky:

Blood Drive on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    The worst part is that the character with all the boobage is supposed to be, like 13 or something.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2009
    BARREL

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Thanks for the reminder Aroduc.

<<< starts texting wife "BARREL"

Blood Drive on
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Blackjack wrote: »
    The worst part is that the character with all the boobage is supposed to be, like 13 or something.

Japan seems to like to have sexually explicit young girls. Sometimes i wonder if that country is filled with pedo's. I actually worked with a Japanese guy for a few years, really hilarious guy, but he once asked out my friend/co-worker who was 18, and hes probly in his mid 50's. She is pretty gorgeous, but still. She was creeped out, he didn't understand anything was wrong.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2009
    Thanks for the reminder Aroduc.

<<< starts texting wife "BARREL"

You have 8 party members in Khemia.

They all do it.

BARREL.

And yeah... most of the post-game dungeon bosses in Khemia are AI3 cameos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3114TCE__B4&fmt=22

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Mana Khemia can actually be slightly challenging, too.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2009
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Mana Khemia can actually be slightly challenging, too.

The hard level cap has something to do with that.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    This Mana Khemia is .... its the same damn game! GLEE!

Must buy now.

Blood Drive on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I was just thinking, "if it could just be a little harder". I have never been wiped out in AI:3, and I think only one of my peeps has ever been ko'ed so far. That was just sheer negligence on my part.

Blood Drive on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2009
    I was just thinking, "if it could just be a little harder". I have never been wiped out in AI:3, and I think only one of my peeps has ever been ko'ed so far. That was just sheer negligence on my part.

I wiped once on the Time boss because I thought I was being all clever after he split by reducing both of their HP at the same time.

And then there were 4 of them and I couldn't build the burst gauge fast enough to not be horribly slaughtered. But then I came right back and focused on one at a time and he went down like a little bitch.

Khemia's not -that- much harder though. The early game can be nails biting difficult, but after that, it's relatively normal so long as you don't fight at night, with the exception of a few bosses. There's one boss in particular that morphs all your time cards into its own attacks. The first time it used it, I had like... 9 of them up. That was unpleasant.

Aroduc on