As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[OMNOMNOM on] Dawn of War 2: Realistic Nids!

• evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Canis knows everything on everything situation ever.

sure beats whining about the situations in an online forum, eh?

GOGO CANIS!

evilthecat on
    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You are a terrible poster.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    You probably should have retreated after the second aoe. Or even the first. There is an effect on the warlock when hes in providence mode. I really have no idea why anyone would go witchblade of kuronos/providence/HOD in an eldar mirror. I guess it'd be okay against banshees.

The immolator does more damage per swing and has an excellent guardian killing spell, and the mericiless witchblade lets one totally shut down the farseer.
    HEH you see a hero might as well retreat your entire army, scrub. That's how the pros roll.

I feel weird agreeing with Zen.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CanisAquilusCanisAquilus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    More like you see providence go up you should retreat.

The ability is on a three minute cooldown, and requires damage to charge it on top of that.

Theres a reason I almost never get it, and pick up another vehical instead.

CanisAquilus on
    edited March 2009
    Oh well he can only destory half of my army every three minutes. Whew, I was thinking it might be a bit overpowered before.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    If your primarily ranged army gets destroyed by the warlocks aoe attacks while hes in providence mode you deserve it, just like you'd deserve it if you decided to stick around and fight after an apothecary popped angels of death.

CanisAquilus on
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So basically, the warlock is a living, breathing version of Propaganda War? That costs no resources to use, but has a three minute recharge? And affects your entire army rather than a small radius?

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • AkiraAkira Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm so proud of the threat for agreeing about the Warlock other than Canis (known jerk) and illiterate guy.

evilthecat I will kill you 1v1 etc etc

cakemikz wrote: »
    Oh wow...your right...I haven't been warp thrown in weeks...must be because they have to choose between that and complete invulnerability.

I'm lollin' IRL over this one, even if it is hyperbole.

The ability is on a three minute cooldown, and requires damage to charge it on top of that.

Oh yeah of course, why pick something that makes your Warlock invincible once every 3 minutes when you can just get another shielded Falcon which is invincible all the time?

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The only reason I even go warlock is because of Warp Throw.

It's so fun!

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited March 2009
    Akira you forgot about Crayon. He also thinks the warlock is completely balanced.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    Goomba wrote: »
    Akira you forgot about Crayon. He also thinks the warlock is completely balanced.

Yeah, but Crayon thinks everything is balanced.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
    edited March 2009
    Akira wrote: »
    I'm so proud of the threat for agreeing about the Warlock other than Canis (known jerk) and illiterate guy.

Oh wow...your right...I haven't been warp thrown in weeks...must be because they have to choose between that and complete invulnerability.

Oh yeah of course, why pick something that makes your Warlock invincible once every 3 minutes when you can just get another shielded Falcon which is invincible all the time?

Whoops. See now you're on my side again, because I think falcons are overpowered.

Goomba and pancake think they're totally fine and perfectly balanced however.

CanisAquilus on
    edited March 2009

Whoops. See now you're on my side again, because I think falcons are overpowered.

They wouldn't be that bad if backing up the Falcon one millimeter didn't break melta bombs/flesh over steel and bug them out to lose energy/cooldown without activating.

Akira on
    akira.gif
    edited March 2009

I don't think they're perfectly balanced. I think they do shit damage and have terrible survivability for the cost, but are probably too survivable in t3.

Of course, this put against the backdrop of the rest of the Eldar army, they don't seem so bad since they're one tiny bright spot in the whole thing.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
    edited March 2009
    I use all my psychic might on webway gates

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited March 2009

Buff t2 falcons.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    Make the warp spider call-in T1.

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited March 2009
    Make striking scorpions t2. Along with wraithguard.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Speaking of, just how in the hell do you get a falcon to back up? I constantly have them try, only for it to initiate a cadillac turn and get completely destroyed in the interim.

Dark_Side on
    edited March 2009
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    Speaking of, just how in the hell do you get a falcon to back up? I constantly have them try, only for it to initiate a cadillac turn and get completely destroyed in the interim.

Shift + Right-click behind it a bunch of times in a line and it will usually follow in that direction while moving backwards.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
    edited March 2009
    Usually being 11 out of 20 times.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I find with the looted tank you just have to click close behind it, is this not true for the eldar grav tanks?

TheCrumblyCracker on
    edited March 2009
    I find with the looted tank you just have to click close behind it, is this not true for the eldar grav tanks?

It works the same. Shift + Right-click, though, queues up a bunch of backup orders so you don't have to keep clicking and the tank will continue to move backwards on its own.

Vehicles in CoH and DoW2 have always been really weird about backing up and it doesn't always work if the move order is too far away and the spacing is hard to get down. So just queue up really close together move orders and it works more reliably.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    When I played red-alert 3, they had a really good system for backing up a unit. Press some key like d while you have a unit selected, and the next move order you order will cause the unit to back up.

Press d, click behind them. You're done! Units move backwards while firing.

The current system requires a great deal of spam clicking and can be difficult to deal with if you have other units that need attention. I haven't gotten into the habit of shift-clicking the orders yet however.

Corp.Shephard on
    edited March 2009
    Pancake wrote: »

It works the same. Shift + Right-click, though, queues up a bunch of backup orders so you don't have to keep clicking and the tank will continue to move backwards on its own.

Vehicles in CoH and DoW2 have always been really weird about backing up and it doesn't always work if the move order is too far away and the spacing is hard to get down. So just queue up really close together move orders and it works more reliably.

It seems like they just opt for the fastest way to get to wherever you click, so if it's right behind them they just back up, but if it's far back the AI sees it as faster to turn around and then drive over. Though I'm not even sure if backing up is any slower than driving forward in DoW2.

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Man, that would be a wishlist item for me, being able to hold a button to force a vehicle to back up would be a nice luxury.

Dark_Side on
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    When I played red-alert 3, they had a really good system for backing up a unit. Press some key like d while you have a unit selected, and the next move order you order will cause the unit to back up.

Press d, click behind them. You're done! Units move backwards while firing.

The current system requires a great deal of spam clicking and can be difficult to deal with if you have other units that need attention. I haven't gotten into the habit of shift-clicking the orders yet however.

Actually,you don't even have to click behind them.

You can just use "D" and click ANYWHERE and your tanks will drive there backwards.
    It's really fucking cool.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    edited March 2009
    Heh, I know, but I can't think of an advantage of driving at the enemy with your rear exposed.

Can't fire at them and you take more damage!

You could flail at people with your tanks like this, though. It's a valid point.

Corp.Shephard on
  • SepahSepah Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    That and a 'force ranged' button would be handy.

Half the fun of the merciless witchblade is sticking the warlock behind some cover and watching him chain-knockdown an enemy hero. If you could actually pick a target with that it would be fantastic.

Sepah on
  • CroakCroak Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Man, that would be a wishlist item for me, being able to hold a button to force a vehicle to back up would be a nice luxury.

It's something we're looking into, along with a ranged/melee toggle button, in an upcoming "usability" patch in a few weeks. No promises, but we are discussing it.

On an unrelated note, our e-peen is deflating, so if any of you are bored or give a damn, take a minute to go vote for us on The Escapist, we're in a close fight with Activision-Blizzard. :)

Croak on
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    CROAK PLEASE DON'T LEAVE WITHOUT GIVING US HOPE FOR THE FUTURE

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • MedanMedan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    "our e-peen is deflating"

haha sucker. tough fight, but you got a vote.

Medan on
    edited March 2009
    I enjoyed my time with WoW, but I think I've enjoyed relic games much much more.

Why not?

edit: do I have to log in for this? Bah.
    Oh, I forgot I have an account from back when they did that planet side thing...

Corp.Shephard on
    edited March 2009
    Blizzard is leading by like ten votes. 1300-1290.

You've got my vote croak. Now you get me my tyranid nerfs :P

Edit: Only seven now, damn really neck and neck.

Edit edit: Three!!!

CanisAquilus on
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Croak wrote: »

It's something we're looking into, along with a ranged/melee toggle button, in an upcoming "usability" patch in a few weeks. No promises, but we are discussing it.

On an unrelated note, our e-peen is deflating, so if any of you are bored or give a damn, take a minute to go vote for us on The Escapist, we're in a close fight with Activision-Blizzard. :)

Only if you tell us more about upcomming patches!!

...oh hell, I'm doing it anyway, but more info would be nice...

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2009
    Foefaller wrote: »

Well, besides obligatory balance changes, and new maps, what else can I tell you?

Hmm, how about a not immediate future, but not distant future either teaser:
    More multi-player game modes.

Croak on
    edited March 2009

Well, besides obligatory balance changes, and new maps, what else can I tell you?

Do you know if you're going to be doing a beta for the balance patch? And if so, any idea when it would be?

Akira on
    akira.gif
    edited March 2009

I could get behind this! I'm intrigued by the new CoH game modes, but they're very co-op oriented, and my friends have drifted away from the game. Not sure what I'll do about the upcoming expansion...

Corp.Shephard on
    edited March 2009

Do you know if you're going to be doing a beta for the balance patch? And if so, any idea when it would be?

Soon(tm).

Croak on
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dawn of DotA.

Defend the Golden Throne from the Rampaging Tyranid hordes.

I totally get Rikimaru.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.