As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[OMNOMNOM on] Dawn of War 2: Realistic Nids!

• AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Wraithlord with brightlance, Falcon, Warpspider Haywire grenades

Banshee AV needs to be buffed as well as the so-called "anti-vehicle wargear". If you don't want to go WL or WS raid their power early on to keep you safe until you get a falcon out. They're amazing except vs nidz.

Alegis on
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Alegis wrote: »
    Wraithlord with brightlance, Falcon, Warpspider Haywire grenades

Banshee AV needs to be buffed as well as the so-called "anti-vehicle wargear". If you don't want to go WL or WS raid their power early on to keep you safe until you get a falcon out. They're amazing except vs nidz.

Great, so to make up for mediocre to terrible brightlance AT performance, we can supplement it with more mediocre to terrible units.

Wraithlords are slow and easily kited by other vehicles and their brightlance does less damage than the regular brightlance, since that is somehow actually possible. Falcons are extremely expensive, extremely fragile in t2, and might dent an enemy vehicle if you give it a few minutes. Warp spider haywire grenades are attached to an extremely expensive, extremely fragile worthless fucking unit. Then the grenades don't even go off half the fucking time.

Don't even get me started on the joke that is banshees and their "AT" capabilities that disappear as soon as the exarch dies and she probably will along with the rest of her squad.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Pancake wrote: »
    (...) more mediocre to terrible units. Falcons are extremely expensive, extremely fragile in t2, and might dent an enemy vehicle if you give it a few minutes. Warp spider haywire grenades are attached to an extremely expensive, extremely fragile worthless fucking unit. Then the grenades don't even go off half the fucking time.

Warp Spiders are incredibly fragile but the haywire is great. 15sec vehicle stun + nasty damage (which can be coupled with FS Doom), also works vs carnies. I also noticed they don't go off a couple of times though I've been lucky I guess to have that happen less than half the time.

Falcon is expensive but hardly fragile, very sturdy even without shield (except vs AG warriors and the like). Problem is keeping it ranged and the pathfinding often fucks up and your falcon sloth tank likes to turn around for no reason when you click right behind it. Falcon/prism require a lot more attention to them than the other vehicles but they're worth their cost.

Alegis on
  • UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Wraithlord brightlance upgrade is laughable. Banshee AT is somehow worse, and I believe everyone has ignored the Farseer spear that is supposed to be good against vehicles but is so bad nobody even thinks of it at this point. Honestly any buff to Warpspiders (it's sad that the only justification to building them is the horrifyingly buggy Haywires) and a fix to their grenades would help out considerably in the Eldar anti-vehicle department.

UnknownSaint on
  • SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Anyone want to play some 3v3?

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Alegis wrote: »
    Pancake wrote: »
    (...) more mediocre to terrible units. Falcons are extremely expensive, extremely fragile in t2, and might dent an enemy vehicle if you give it a few minutes. Warp spider haywire grenades are attached to an extremely expensive, extremely fragile worthless fucking unit. Then the grenades don't even go off half the fucking time.

Warp Spiders are incredibly fragile but the haywire is great. 15sec vehicle stun + nasty damage (which can be coupled with FS Doom), also works vs carnies. I also noticed they don't go off a couple of times though I've been lucky I guess to have that happen less than half the time.

Falcon is expensive but hardly fragile, very sturdy even without shield (except vs AG warriors and the like). Problem is keeping it ranged and the pathfinding often fucks up and your falcon sloth tank likes to turn around for no reason when you click right behind it. Falcon/prism require a lot more attention to them than the other vehicles but they're worth their cost.
    My falcon sure as fuck dies faster than any other race's main anti-tank weapondry. And the wraithlord brightlance? It does a little more than half the damage of a platform. And it can't fire on the move.

And I'm going to now mention how the only non-disadvantages the FP has to a predator are: bigger AoE and range. It's slower, has less life, does less damage, costs more, takes longer to shoot, and every other imaginable thing. But at least it's AoE can be about four times as big and do less than half of the damage per shot (versus about 1/4 less) and it can shoot a quarter of a screen farther.

Edit: The farseer's spear actually does almost decent tank damage but she's too slow to actually keep up with any tank and then she loses some abilities for it, so it's better to just get doom instead. Now if it was ranged like in some other, table top form... but then if we're going to start being TT rules into it, half of the Eldar army is going to be decent to good.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Wraithlord brightlance upgrade is laughable. Banshee AT is somehow worse, and I believe everyone has ignored the Farseer spear that is supposed to be good against vehicles but is so bad nobody even thinks of it at this point.

Each "strong against vehicles" hero melee weapon took a 50% damage hit in the last balance patch, rendering them all useless for AT work.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    edited March 2009
    kedinik wrote: »
    Wraithlord brightlance upgrade is laughable. Banshee AT is somehow worse, and I believe everyone has ignored the Farseer spear that is supposed to be good against vehicles but is so bad nobody even thinks of it at this point.

Each "strong against vehicles" hero melee weapon took a 50% damage hit in the last balance patch, rendering them all useless for AT work.
    Except the power first, power claw, or powerblades.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    No, they all took a reduction and they're all pretty bad against vehicles. The power claw takes several minutes of uninterrupted punching to get a dreadnought down to half health.

kedinik on
    edited March 2009
    No, they really aren't. And no, it really won't. It'll take a bit more than 20 seconds of uninterrupted punching. To kill it.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Power claw is certainly not terrible against vehicles...but the Warboss has got to have the worst pathing and AI of any hero (it would be the hive tyrant if he didn't destroy cover). I have had him run right up to vehicles and rearrange himself for 10 seconds before attacking...and by that time the vehicle of course moves away. And then when the vehicle does start moving he gets stuck on every piece of cover between him and the vehicle. Then there are those lovely occassions where after delivering a blow or two he just stops attacking entirely. He will keep chasing the vehicle but never take another swing, not even if it stops and he runs right up to it.

Not to mention the obligatory 'warboss is stuck in ranged and ignores force melee' which happens probably a quarter of the time you try to use him.

The weapon itself is fine....but it serves much better as anti-infantry because of how the Warboss functions.

rts on
    edited March 2009
    Goomba wrote: »
    No, they really aren't. And no, it really won't. It'll take a bit more than 20 seconds of uninterrupted punching. To kill it.

I tested this 3 days ago. You are either lying or misinformed.

kedinik on
  • Dareth RamDareth Ram regular
    edited March 2009
    Hahah!

so the escapist march madness thing.

So i checked at midnight, and blizzard beat relic by 2 votes.

but then the escapist dumped a bunch of cheaters in their system.

And then we TIED.

So the re-opened the voting.

Dareth Ram on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    do i have to login to vote

because i'm too lazy for that

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Dareth RamDareth Ram regular
    edited March 2009
    Zzulu wrote: »
    do i have to login to vote

because i'm too lazy for that

You do have to register and log in.

I think that's what's kept relic in the fight...

edit: it is seriously hilarious how this silly contest has gripped the whole studio...

Dareth Ram on
    edited March 2009
    Do you get a prize if you win or something

or is it just about good publicity

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Except the power first, power claw, or powerblades.

But the powerblades did terribad AT damage anyway, if they'd reduced it anymore it would have been healing its victims.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
    edited March 2009
    all power weapons took a nerf

don't know if it was as much as 50% but still

The FC used to be able to solo any walker alone (and without any overpowered iron halo) with his little powerfist. His terminator armor powerfist was also quite powerful.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
    edited March 2009
    Zzulu wrote: »
    all power weapons took a nerf

don't know if it was as much as 50% but still

The FC used to be able to solo any walker alone (and without any overpowered iron halo) with his little powerfist. His termintor armor powerfist was also quite powerful.

The FC used to be the most OP AV in the game. He teleports next to your fucking vehicle...stuns it...then punches it twice and it explodes. I never ever ever made vehicles against a force commander during that phase of the game.

rts on
    edited March 2009
    Someone should make a new thread.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
    edited March 2009
    Pancake what is your sig from?

rts on
    edited March 2009

I tested this 3 days ago. You are either lying or misinformed.
    Okay, I'll be nice. The power fist does 37 DPS. The dread has 800 HP.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    cakemikz wrote: »
    Pancake what is your sig from?

KOTOR II.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • CanisAquilusCanisAquilus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Zzulu go vote for relic.

Goomba, you hate blizzard. Vote.

CanisAquilus on
    edited March 2009
    I voted for blizzard to spite you Canis.

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    A move that shall cost you dearly in our next 1v1. >:(

CanisAquilus on
    edited March 2009
    A move that shall cost you dearly in our next 1v1. >:(

Maybe if you'd told me to vote instead of always leaving me out and putting me down I'd have voted for relic! :x

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    Well you hadnt posted in the thread recently, so I didnt even know you were here! God.

CanisAquilus on
    edited March 2009
    So I just watched a replay and Relic sure needs to release a balance patch.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
    edited March 2009
    Zzulu go vote for relic.

Goomba, you hate blizzard. Vote.
    I've already voted.

Like 15 times for Blizzard. I do hope they don't catch me and dock my 25 votes for Blizzard. I wouldn't want them to lose 50 votes because of me cheating for them. For Blizzard. 100 times.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Blizzard I think is a better company.

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited March 2009
    Blizzard I think is a better company.

As much as I think Relic makes better games, you certainly can install Blizzard's games and reasonably expect that they'll work.

By the way, DoW2 sure could use some patches.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    No I never had problems with Relic games actually working. Multiplayer's been a bit sketchy.

Of course, balance and multiplayer in Warcraft 3 sucks balls outside of customs.

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited March 2009
    I could go on about why I think Blizzard as bad as Capcom, but people already hate me enough.

And I sure can't wait for early next week.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    Goomba you are the internet hate machine made manifest in human form.

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited March 2009
    I fear no hate for I am hate incarnate.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AkiraAkira Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Stop shitting up the thread you guys >:(

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I voted for blizzard because relic sucks. At patches.

In other news, hai goomba, still as foamy at the mouth as ever I see <3

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    edited March 2009
    Akira wrote: »
    Stop shitting up the thread you guys >:(

Someone still needs to make a new one.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited March 2009