As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

AppleCare Expiration/Purchase

iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
So, the complimentary 1yr of AppleCare on my white Macbook is about to expire. Specifically, the Apple Support site says:
Our records indicate that your product is covered under Apple's Limited Warranty which is estimated to expire on March 20, 2009.

Does anyone know if that means I can purchase the extended AppleCare plan ON the 20th, or does it mean I have to purchase it BEFORE then? The 20th would be great because thats when I get paid. I would just call up my local Apple Store and ask them, but for some reason they don't open until noon on Sunday.

iTunesIsEvil on

• Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Did you try just calling up Apple themselves (not the store).
    I'm pretty sure they always told me to extend it while it is still currently under Applecare.

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    PatboyX wrote: »
    Did you try just calling up Apple themselves (not the store).
    I'm pretty sure they always told me to extend it while it is still currently under Applecare.
    I haven't tried calling them directly. I wasn't sure which of their myriad of numbers to call.

I know it has to be extended while it's still covered under its original 1 year; I guess my question is whether "expires on the 20th" means that the warranty expires on March 20th at 12:00:01 AM or if it expires on March 20th at 11:59:59 PM.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    Golf153Golf153 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Just get it. I have a MacBook 2006, didn't extend my warranty and the thing has started to fall apart. DVD player doesn't work. Plus the fan has the nasty habit of stopping every other week. Get it, because at least then you are covered. Don't be me. I'm cheap.

Golf153 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, funny story: I screwed myself.

The Apple Support site said I had until March 20th.
    My receipt, which I thought was lost (I filed it away too well), says February 24th.

<rage>

This can be locked now if a mod doesn't mind.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Are you sure there isn't a grace period?

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    0blique0blique Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, I would ask first before drawing any conclusions. From what I've experiences and heard from others, apple is sometimes nice about things, especially when it comes to you giving them money for something. I'm sure if you wanted an extended warranty, there's a good chance they might let you have it.

0blique on
  • Options
    KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, doesn't hurt to ask them. Give 'em a call, and best of luck! :^:

Kris on
  • Options
    ZackSchillingZackSchilling Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You can always pull the "got it as a gift" or "I love Apple but this..." and get your way. It's not so unreasonable to ask for a short grace period in buying the extended warranty, especially if it isn't broken now (which would be the main abuse of the system and the reason for the expiration).

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg