As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Magical Mystery Tour 2009 - SCHEDULE AND VERY IMPORTANT INFO!

• Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Also, if we can get about 4-5 more people to drive, then we can probably fit everyone into cars, so we won't have to pay a crapload for a bus or other means of transportation!!! Any volunteers???

I don't know if I said or not, but I can drive. Don't forget though that I'm only going to be there Thursday.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    OptimalOptimal Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Signed up! as well as RSVPing the Pre-PAX dinner.

I have a feeling this is going to be one of the best holidays I've taken in a long long time!

Optimal on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    Optimal_NZL.png
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    cool! Now we've got representatives from Australia, New Zealand, Britain, Scotland, ... oh yeah and Canada. :P And all over the states of course!

This is going to be an awesome tour!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    Frightfully EnglishFrightfully English Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Tremendously excited! Less than four weeks til I fly out to the States! Woop!

If I were feeling pedantic I'd also point out that Scotland is part of Britain, but as I'm not I'll merely ask how the Scots are bypassing the impregnable barrier that is Hadrian's Wall?
    I need to play less Rome: Total War... :P

Frightfully English on
  • Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I need to play less Rome: Total War... :P

What, no you don't. I've played that game for 100+ hours, it's wonderful. :D

Anyway, the schedule is looking good, of course I'll probably only be around for the CCST meetup, but I'll ROCK that meetup.

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    OK EVERYONE! New (kind-of) updates... Registration for MMT is going to END on Monday, August 17th at 2:00 PM!!! This is to ensure that we have accurate numbers for tour operators and transportation, so we can get all the logistics worked out without having to make any drastic changes. So, if you're thinking about joining up, sign up now!!!!

Also, Tour-BUTTONS have been ordered! :P

I'm also still trying to get ahold of the underground tour people to figure out the cost of a private tour. Depending on the price, I'll either just book it (depending on if they require prepayment or not), or I'll just have everyone buy advance tickets online for a certain time (if it's too expensive or unrealistic to schedule a private tour). I will keep everyone posted, and send out an email with instructions for payment and whether or not you will have to buy your own tickets, as soon as I know!

And eye-shuh is (as far as i know) still working on getting estimates for transportation, so we'll put that up soon. Although she's probably distracted by having been CHOSEN TO COMPETE IN THE OMEGATHON!!!!!!! So congratulations eye-shuh!!!!! And now we have TWO of our very own MMT omeganauts to cheer for! WOOOH! Congrats also to drobro (chupamiubre) on entering the coveted ring of champions!!!!

edited for "whoops I missed one", sorry chupa!!!!!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    chupamiubrechupamiubre Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    you actually have 2 omeganauts on your little shindig! i cant wait!

chupamiubre on
    <ZeroHourHero> I have a tiny penis
    <Qs23> I just need to get my dicks in a row
    <prox> i work for dicks
    #paforums_pax, all about the dicks.
  • Options
    DMmagicDMmagic PAX East Enforcer Springfield, MO, USARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I signed up pretty early on via PM, and I may have already asked for confirmation before... so sorry to be a pain, but can I request confirmation one more time just to be sure I don't miss out? :mrgreen:

DMmagic on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    DMmagic wrote: »
    I signed up pretty early on via PM, and I may have already asked for confirmation before... so sorry to be a pain, but can I request confirmation one more time just to be sure I don't miss out? :mrgreen:

I've got ya, DM!! I'll be sending out confirmation emails soon also, once we get all this stuff sorted out and finalized, but I'll post here to before I send out anything!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    apocaknitsapocaknits Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    Okay, well I hope I don't fail with this post (sometimes it pays to lurk) and get it deleted but... this is our first PAX (me and my husband) and our first time visiting Seattle, so this Tour sounds freaking awesome and amazing and I hope it's okay that I signed us up even though we're not active on the forum. You all sound super fun though, so yay!

apocaknits on
  • Options
    ashridahashridah Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    apocaknits wrote: »
    Okay, well I hope I don't fail with this post (sometimes it pays to lurk) and get it deleted but... this is our first PAX (me and my husband) and our first time visiting Seattle, so this Tour sounds freaking awesome and amazing and I hope it's okay that I signed us up even though we're not active on the forum. You all sound super fun though, so yay!

That's no problem at all! last year, i lurked all the way up to the last two weeks before pax after signing up for the MMT months before. It'll be awesome to have you along, more the merrier.

ashridah on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Aye, and it's great to have new forum peoples here, because meeting in person at PAX (and especially through community events like this) really makes everything feel more personable... you make friends very quickly =)

Heck, we even invited people on the street to join us last year as we walked around! =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Man, this sounds like sooo much fun!
    Too bad I'll be rolling into PAX late... I'll be there for the dinner and the pub crawl though!

EDIT: Hmmm, actually I'll have to check my itinerary. Now that I'm following the CST in my own car, I might get away with being there earlier. When does the your start and end?

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Serenity wrote: »
    Man, this sounds like sooo much fun!
    Too bad I'll be rolling into PAX late... I'll be there for the dinner and the pub crawl though!

EDIT: Hmmm, actually I'll have to check my itinerary. Now that I'm following the CST in my own car, I might get away with being there earlier. When does the your start and end?

Read the first post.

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Ok, so here's what I've discovered. Apparently the Underground tour people are incompetent, AND it's actually going to be at least $50 MORE to book a private tour. The only bonus of having a private tour is that we can all be together in one group without "outsiders", but it's not worth the extra money/hassle to organize it (imo).

I'll work out the details tonight, but I think we'll just have everyone pre-purchase their tickets online (so we can all be in the same group). I will EMAIL everyone tonight or tomorrow with details on the Underground tour and other SUPER EXCITING THINGS!!!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    apocaknits wrote: »

Welcome!!! I didn't really know anyone before last year's tour either! :D I'm sure you two will have a great time, I'm looking forward to meeting you!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    in for tues/wed yar

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    in for tues/wed yar

Yay Pika!!! Way to lurk until the last minute! :P

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    yeah. wait. i guess I'm in for thrus, too. >.>

<.<

[tiny]tues is stalk nomad day my bad[/tiny]

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009

<.<

Awwwww. And I'm working Tuesday too. :cry:

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    ok signed up for the tour. I'll probably only make it to the last couple events on Thursday leading into the pre-pax dinner.

Oh and to the whale question at the end: it would be awsome only if I were in water while the wizard did it...
    Otherwise it would suck because you'd probably die.

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Cronus wrote: »

<.<

Awwwww. And I'm working Tuesday too. :cry:

Both of you: This is exactly what I thought: . (Minus the gunfire at the end)

edit: woahhhh helloo embedded youtube square! I'll just go ahead and spoiler that for you :D

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    apocaknitsapocaknits Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    Yay! We're excited to meet you guys too. I'm especially pumped to check out Archie McPhee.

apocaknits on
  • Options
    orbdeporbdep Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    sooo if an e-mail went out I totally missed it, but in any case, This is getting very exciting, My wife keeps telling me how much she's looking forward to this trip, and I totally agree with her, it's going to be wonderful.

orbdep on
    Nursery Rhymes are Creepy
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    orbdep wrote: »
    sooo if an e-mail went out I totally missed it, but in any case, This is getting very exciting, My wife keeps telling me how much she's looking forward to this trip, and I totally agree with her, it's going to be wonderful.

Sorry, I got lazy :P Working on it now!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    LOL. Damn you people and your multiple online handles! I had no idea drobro was chupamiubre.

<3 you Dro! XD

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    LOL. Damn you people and your multiple online handles! I had no idea drobro was chupamiubre.

<3 you Dro! XD

and also, apparently Serenity has registered for the tour using the name Suppostrophe???? Is this just a weird coincidence, or did you register (with the) WRONG (PA Forums name), Serenity?

Also eye-shuh, your new avatar is probably the greatest thing I have ever seen. :D

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    *large sigh of relief*

WOW, ok, so EMAIL has been sent out. It's pretty egregiously long, but it's packed with useful information and subliminal messages to bring me chocolate.

Oh shit, you weren't supposed to know about the subliminal message thing... Oh well...

If anyone didn't get the email, let me know so I can check your address and/or add you to the list!

Also, I finally got an email back from the Aquarium, their group rate is about $1 off per person, so there's not TOO much incentive to go for it. The only reason we might want to do it is, if we pay as a group, we can get tickets immediately and go right in, instead of all of us waiting in a line to buy tickets individually. So, we'll see..

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    jBusyjBusy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hi All,

I'm not too active on these forums. I was at last year's MMT and I've been graced enough to make it again this year. (Alas, only Thursday) Look forward to seeing some of you again, and thanks to everyone involved in organizing it.

jBusy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    eye-shuh wrote: »

<3 you Dro! XD

and also, apparently Serenity has registered for the tour using the name Suppostrophe???? Is this just a weird coincidence, or did you register (with the) WRONG (PA Forums name), Serenity?

Also eye-shuh, your new avatar is probably the greatest thing I have ever seen. :D

Hrm, never received the email...

Maybe I didn't register somehow? The site did time out...
    Should I re-register?
    Yeah definitely did not register as "Suppostrophe????"
    Would have shown up as Serenity.

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    *large sigh of relief*

WOW, ok, so EMAIL has been sent out. It's pretty egregiously long, but it's packed with useful information and subliminal messages to bring me chocolate.

Oh shit, you weren't supposed to know about the subliminal message thing... Oh well...

If anyone didn't get the email, let me know so I can check your address and/or add you to the list!

Also, I finally got an email back from the Aquarium, their group rate is about $1 off per person, so there's not TOO much incentive to go for it. The only reason we might want to do it is, if we pay as a group, we can get tickets immediately and go right in, instead of all of us waiting in a line to buy tickets individually. So, we'll see..

That is one hell of an email. Though I did skip parts of it. Perhaps that why I don't have any urge to buy Nomad chocolate? Not this time Nomad :D

This is looking good. This is going to be the best start to PAX yet.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Serenity wrote: »
    Hrm, never received the email...

Maybe I didn't register somehow? The site did time out...
    Should I re-register?
    Yeah definitely did not register as "Suppostrophe????"
    Would have shown up as Serenity.

Yep, you did it wrong, please try again.
    Cronus wrote: »
    That is one hell of an email. Though I did skip parts of it. Perhaps that why I don't have any urge to buy Nomad chocolate? Not this time Nomad :D

DAMNIT!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    lol =)

You rock so much Nomad! That was a great E-Mail! Please everyone read it and print it out even, because it will be your saving grace to have this information when the Tour is going on. =) (As we found out last year, printouts of the critical information is very important for as many people to have as possible =) )

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    lol =)

You rock so much Nomad! That was a great E-Mail! Please everyone read it and print it out even, because it will be your saving grace to have this information when the Tour is going on. =) (As we found out last year, printouts of the critical information is very important for as many people to have as possible =) )

hehehe, I apologize in advance for killing your printers and trees, after having to print out this novel of an email :P

I'll be sending out another email soon just to have everyone re-confirm their OVERWHELMING EXCITEMENT about joining the tour, plus how many cronies you're bringing and when you're arriving, etc. I PROMISE it'll be much, much shorter than the first one :P

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    nomad, you a fan of macadamia nuts? <3

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    HELLO, Faithful followers! Sent out a couple emails for you all, please let me know if you haven't received anything and FORTHELOVEOFGODANDALLTHATISHOLY please respond to the second email, and confirm your spot on the tour, let me know if you're bringing people, etc.

Please let me know if you haven't received anything yet, and I'll be sure to re-email you. Please respond ASAP, definitely before Monday if you can, because Mon/Tues is when I'll be calling to make bookings.

Thanks everyone!! yay!!!!!!

nomad, you a fan of macadamia nuts? <3

Pika, I love macadamia nuts and I will love you if you bring me some!!!! :P

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    :oops:

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Okay soooo I wasn't sure when we were coming in before, but now we are coming with the CCST! Any way I could tag along at the very end with you guys Thursday? :D And if so should I fill out the form or just kinda play annoying little sister and follow you guys around? ^.^;;

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    but the CCST is the last stop of the mystery tour. of course you can hang out afterwards. last time we had lunch at the mall and played mario kart then split up for the dinner.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh... I thought there was stuff afterwards >.< Nevermind then! I'm a dork! lol

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
This discussion has been closed.