Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Fuck Fat People [DO IT]

StaleStale Registered User regular
edited March 2009 in Social Entropy++
So I had a craving for terrible food. I try to eat good, somewhat healthful shit 24/7. Especially now. But every now and then I just want something terrible and God awful.

Unfortunately where I live is very uppity and corporate. So I was at my desk google mapping where I could go before traffic shuts everything down, and I found it. The holy grail of shitty horrible food.


Hardees. And it's just down the street.


I roll down and walk in, and it's like the twilight zone in there. Not a single person present is under 200... probably 250. The median waist size HAS to be 38"+. Jesus Christ, I can smell the grease in this place from the parking lot.

Now, I did my research. I scoped out what was on the menu. There was obviously only one choice. The Monster Thickburger. 1500 calories. 108g of fat. 63 of which are saturated. 2700+ mg of Sodium.

This is just a single sandwich. One. Now granted, because of my gut, it wasn't going to be sticking around long, but still, even absorbing a fraction of that is bad news. So imagine my reaction when I see a family of fatties, father, mother, and 2 sons, all ordering not one, but two?

imagine.... 8 of these monstrosities spread across 3 trays. It's like some kind of competitive eating event. They each have fries and.....


....wait for it....


Diet Cokes.



As I'm waiting for my own cholesterol bomb to come out, imagine my horror when I see not one of the sons.... BUT BOTH OF THEM, take out glucose meters and test their blood sugar.



THEY ARE DIABETIC AND THE FUCKING PARENTS ARE FEEDING THEM THIS SHIT.

I wanted to call social services right there.

Stale on
easysig2.jpg
«13456764

Posts

  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Zoel wrote: »
    I was under the impression that if you have diabetes you really can't have non diet soda, sort of in the way you really can't breathe liquids, where as you can kind of sort of but not really get away with having say, two thick burgers.

    There is no point at which a juvenile diabetic can possibly be justified in eating like that.

    None.


    That is nothing but negligence and ignorance. I will lay down $5,000 that one or both of those kids are blind and on dialysis by 30.

    easysig2.jpg
  • GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    GRMike wrote: »
    Ness445 wrote: »
    Tarranon wrote: »
    I take a diet coke because I am concerned over my poor teeth.

    But then I have heard that diet coke is just as bad your teef as regular coke.

    c/d?
    the aspartame in diet coke is probably worse for you than anything in regular coke.

    If that wasn't a medical myth.

    Well I assume that was in response to dental health.

    rodq.jpg
  • ZoelZoel Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Stale wrote: »
    Zoel wrote: »
    I was under the impression that if you have diabetes you really can't have non diet soda, sort of in the way you really can't breathe liquids, where as you can kind of sort of but not really get away with having say, two thick burgers.

    There is no point at which a juvenile diabetic can possibly be justified in eating like that.

    None.


    That is nothing but negligence and ignorance. I will lay down $5,000 that one or both of those kids are blind and on dialysis by 30.

    I'm not disagreeing about the end result

    I am simply saying the time frame is different.

  • sarukunsarukun Gornlord Interplanetary InsanitariumRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Fandyien wrote: »
    I don't understand morbidly obese people because I've been sitting around eating potato chips and playing videogames for years and I am not like a whale shark.

    Wait till you turn 30!

  • RedeemerRedeemer Registered User
    edited March 2009
    Water is much better than diet soda

    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus ha ha just kidding I'm Frog ManRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    personally, I like the taste of Diet Coke

    I get Coke Classic about a quarter of the time, and Coke Zero when it's available

  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    cadmunky wrote: »
    are you fucking kidding me? christ, my 13yr old son is type I and he pretty much regulates himself. of course he's 6' and 170lbs, so he knows he can go out of whack pretty quickly.

    but i grew up on carls jr (in CA) and hardees (in NC). that is the best bad shit.

    Stop feeding your kid horse steroids

    Sig_link_image.jpg
  • Ness445Ness445 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    personally, I like the taste of Diet Coke

    I get Coke Classic about a quarter of the time, and Coke Zero when it's available
    If I do drink soda I typically enjoy Coke Zero.

    It's rare though, I drink water most of the time.

    4445.gif
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    sarukun wrote: »
    Fandyien wrote: »
    I don't understand morbidly obese people because I've been sitting around eating potato chips and playing videogames for years and I am not like a whale shark.

    Wait till you turn 30!

    Not my metabolism!

    reposig.jpg
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2009
    i hate fatties so much. Fat chicks are always hitting on me when I go out and totally cockblock my chances with anyone else.

  • GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Septus wrote: »
    GRMike wrote: »
    Ness445 wrote: »
    Tarranon wrote: »
    I take a diet coke because I am concerned over my poor teeth.

    But then I have heard that diet coke is just as bad your teef as regular coke.

    c/d?
    the aspartame in diet coke is probably worse for you than anything in regular coke.

    If that wasn't a medical myth.

    Well I assume that was in response to dental health.

    From the mayo clinic site -
    Safety of artificial sweeteners
    Artificial sweeteners are often the subject of stories in the popular press and on the Internet, claiming that they cause a variety of health problems, including cancer. According to the National Cancer Institute, however, there's no scientific evidence that any of the artificial sweeteners approved for use in the United States cause cancer. And numerous studies confirm that artificial sweeteners are safe for the general population.

    Aspartame does carry a cautionary note, however. It isn't safe for people who have the rare hereditary disease phenylketonuria (PKU). Products that contain aspartame must carry a PKU warning on the label.

    So yeah... unless you have PKU aspartame ain't gonna do shit to you.

  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Water is boring. I drink milk and beer. They are tasty beverages, and both are healthier for me than Coke.

    rodq.jpg
  • SASA Registered User
    edited March 2009
    I've been told that genetically I have a predisposition for having diabetes.

    I should be taking better care of myself so I don't ever get the diabetes.

    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I drink like five sodas a day.

    reposig.jpg
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, I'm pretty much a terrible fatass, but I drink diet sodas because I just really dislike the taste of regular sodas.

    Diet Coke just seems... crisper, I guess.

    qsfwtzhym4ax.png
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    cadmunky wrote: »
    are you fucking kidding me? christ, my 13yr old son is type I and he pretty much regulates himself. of course he's 6' and 170lbs, so he knows he can go out of whack pretty quickly.

    but i grew up on carls jr (in CA) and hardees (in NC). that is the best bad shit.

    Stop feeding your kid horse steroids

    at 13 I had been Type-I for a year, and about the same size. But I was probably 50 pounds heavier.


    I was a terrible fatty in my teens. When I graduated HS, I was over 300.

    easysig2.jpg
  • sarukunsarukun Gornlord Interplanetary InsanitariumRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ah, beer.



    Is there anything your sweet fermented goodness can't cure besides diabetes?

  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    GRMike wrote: »
    So yeah... unless you have PKU aspartame ain't gonna do shit to you.

    Er, it doesn't sound like dental health was in the scope of that study, because I don't think that's one of the commonly touted problems of aspartame, whereas cancer is.

    rodq.jpg
  • NadsNads Bob Ducca Asleep in a cul-de-sac.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    Fandyien wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »
    Fandyien wrote: »
    I don't understand morbidly obese people because I've been sitting around eating potato chips and playing videogames for years and I am not like a whale shark.

    Wait till you turn 30!

    Not my metabolism!

    You poor deluded pothead.

    3c5d24e9-b7f2-44ba-bbf2-3b4658af70bd.jpg
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I dunno, I'm a big guy (6' 3", 260-265Lbs) and I've been out eaten by men half my weight. Some of the guys from my hall went out to get some late night dinner at McDonalds a couple of weeks ago and my friend Mike (6', 135lbs) ordered 2 double quarter pounders with cheese and an order of fries. This is not the first time I've seen him order this gargantuan meal.

    Sometimes it's not the food you eat, just saying.

    3DS Friend Code: 2320-6460-9072
    MWO Username: g starwind
    Secret Satans Wishlist
  • SASA Registered User
    edited March 2009
    I love beer so much I could drink it all day and night.

    And I have!

    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Stale wrote: »
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    cadmunky wrote: »
    are you fucking kidding me? christ, my 13yr old son is type I and he pretty much regulates himself. of course he's 6' and 170lbs, so he knows he can go out of whack pretty quickly.

    but i grew up on carls jr (in CA) and hardees (in NC). that is the best bad shit.

    Stop feeding your kid horse steroids

    at 13 I had been Type-I for a year, and about the same size. But I was probably 50 pounds heavier.


    I was a terrible fatty in my teens. When I graduated HS, I was over 300.

    Your parents shouldn't have fed you horse steroids.

    Sig_link_image.jpg
  • Ness445Ness445 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    GRMike wrote: »
    Septus wrote: »
    GRMike wrote: »
    Ness445 wrote: »
    Tarranon wrote: »
    I take a diet coke because I am concerned over my poor teeth.

    But then I have heard that diet coke is just as bad your teef as regular coke.

    c/d?
    the aspartame in diet coke is probably worse for you than anything in regular coke.

    If that wasn't a medical myth.

    Well I assume that was in response to dental health.

    From the mayo clinic site -
    Safety of artificial sweeteners
    Artificial sweeteners are often the subject of stories in the popular press and on the Internet, claiming that they cause a variety of health problems, including cancer. According to the National Cancer Institute, however, there's no scientific evidence that any of the artificial sweeteners approved for use in the United States cause cancer. And numerous studies confirm that artificial sweeteners are safe for the general population.

    Aspartame does carry a cautionary note, however. It isn't safe for people who have the rare hereditary disease phenylketonuria (PKU). Products that contain aspartame must carry a PKU warning on the label.

    So yeah... unless you have PKU aspartame ain't gonna do shit to you.
    it indeed was in response to dental health.

    though I dunno if there's any correlation between aspartame and poor dental health.

    4445.gif
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2009
    On thursday I was chattin with this good lookin friend of a friend, and she gets up to go to the bathroom and some fatty barges in all OH HEY HOW ARE YOU DOING MIND IF I WOLF DOWN SOME PEANUTS? And then the girl came back and sat somewhere else.

  • GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Septus wrote: »
    GRMike wrote: »
    So yeah... unless you have PKU aspartame ain't gonna do shit to you.

    Er, it doesn't sound like dental health was in the scope of that study, because I don't think that's one of the commonly touted problems of aspartame, whereas cancer is.

    WTF are you going on about dental health for? I assumed he was talking aspartame in general.

  • NadsNads Bob Ducca Asleep in a cul-de-sac.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    robothero wrote: »
    On thursday I was chattin with this good lookin friend of a friend, and she gets up to go to the bathroom and some fatty barges in all OH HEY HOW ARE YOU DOING MIND IF I WOLF DOWN SOME PEANUTS? And then the girl came back and sat somewhere else.

    Punch that cunt.

    3c5d24e9-b7f2-44ba-bbf2-3b4658af70bd.jpg
  • crwthcrwth IDIOT NEWS Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    more cushion

    for the pushin

    off a cliff

  • cadmunkycadmunky One hand on the bottle, The other a shaking fist.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Stale wrote: »
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    cadmunky wrote: »
    are you fucking kidding me? christ, my 13yr old son is type I and he pretty much regulates himself. of course he's 6' and 170lbs, so he knows he can go out of whack pretty quickly.

    but i grew up on carls jr (in CA) and hardees (in NC). that is the best bad shit.

    Stop feeding your kid horse steroids

    at 13 I had been Type-I for a year, and about the same size. But I was probably 50 pounds heavier.


    I was a terrible fatty in my teens. When I graduated HS, I was over 300.

    yeah, he's been type I for a year now. he get's his build from his mom's side. she's small but her dad and uncles were 6'5"+ 280 pounders. it breaks my heart seeing him go through it and knowing what the future has in store.

    5955603848_aed2690084.jpg
    "Think of it as Evolution in Action"
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal Flo-ridaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You can get a medical report to say pretty much anything.

    On the other hand, the phosphoric acid in Coke is way worse for you than the sweetener. The chemical reaction that occurs as a result of consuming the acid, caffeine, and sugar all at the same time has the effect of robbing you of calcium and some other thing.


    Look here's the deal.

    If pouring your drink on a plant will ultimately kill the plant, you probably shouldn't drink it.

  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    GRMike wrote: »
    Septus wrote: »
    GRMike wrote: »
    So yeah... unless you have PKU aspartame ain't gonna do shit to you.

    Er, it doesn't sound like dental health was in the scope of that study, because I don't think that's one of the commonly touted problems of aspartame, whereas cancer is.

    WTF are you going on about dental health for? I assumed he was talking aspartame in general.
    Tarranon wrote: »
    I take a diet coke because I am concerned over my poor teeth.

    But then I have heard that diet coke is just as bad your teef as regular coke.

    c/d?

    Uh?

    rodq.jpg
  • sarukunsarukun Gornlord Interplanetary InsanitariumRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    robothero wrote: »
    On thursday I was chattin with this good lookin friend of a friend, and she gets up to go to the bathroom and some fatty barges in all OH HEY HOW ARE YOU DOING MIND IF I WOLF DOWN SOME PEANUTS? And then the girl came back and sat somewhere else.

    that is the saddest thing I have ever heard in my life, hero.

  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Septus wrote: »
    GRMike wrote: »
    Septus wrote: »
    GRMike wrote: »
    So yeah... unless you have PKU aspartame ain't gonna do shit to you.

    Er, it doesn't sound like dental health was in the scope of that study, because I don't think that's one of the commonly touted problems of aspartame, whereas cancer is.

    WTF are you going on about dental health for? I assumed he was talking aspartame in general.
    Tarranon wrote: »
    I take a diet coke because I am concerned over my poor teeth.

    But then I have heard that diet coke is just as bad your teef as regular coke.

    c/d?

    Uh?

    From what I remember it wouldn't be the aspartame in question really so much as the acidity.

  • CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    One time I had jury duty and there was this guy sitting behind me who was so fat and slack-jawed that he snored while he was wide awake.

    He "leaned" up to me (well, he couldn't really lean in any direction, he sort of had to rock himself back and forth until he got up enough momentum to shift himself forward) and asked if I knew whether or not he'd get in trouble if he left early.

    penguins.png
  • GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Septus wrote: »
    GRMike wrote: »
    Septus wrote: »
    GRMike wrote: »
    So yeah... unless you have PKU aspartame ain't gonna do shit to you.

    Er, it doesn't sound like dental health was in the scope of that study, because I don't think that's one of the commonly touted problems of aspartame, whereas cancer is.

    WTF are you going on about dental health for? I assumed he was talking aspartame in general.
    Tarranon wrote: »
    I take a diet coke because I am concerned over my poor teeth.

    But then I have heard that diet coke is just as bad your teef as regular coke.

    c/d?

    Uh?

    I assumed the post afterward was talking about the dangers of aspartame in general, which are mostly myths. That's all I was saying.

  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2009
    I'm full of sad stories about obese people. You could say I am fat with stories.

  • ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    my favorite thing about people getting diet sodas is the tiny smirk they get

    all proud of themselves for having a healthy drink

    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • KoshianKoshian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    my mom found a restaurant supply store that sells big glass bottles of mexican cane sugar coke for a buck a pop

    it is soooooo good

  • SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    Nads wrote: »
    robothero wrote: »
    On thursday I was chattin with this good lookin friend of a friend, and she gets up to go to the bathroom and some fatty barges in all OH HEY HOW ARE YOU DOING MIND IF I WOLF DOWN SOME PEANUTS? And then the girl came back and sat somewhere else.

    Punch that cunt.

    With your penis.

  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2009
    some chick just checked out my sweet okcupid profile. She looks like Donkey Lips with long hair.

«13456764
This discussion has been closed.