As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NVISION wanged?

ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle SeeressWARegistered User regular
edited March 2009 in PAX Archive
I noticed an article on Tom's Hardware today about how NVISION is going to be delayed or canceled this year. The article doesn't mention it (I think the author is out of the loop), but it was held on the same week as PAX, which was why nVidia didn't have any real presence at PAX last year.

Is it just me, or does it seem obvious that nVidia is bowing to the pressure that is the superiority of PAX, just as E4Empty did?

yfrxgugaj8wu.png
ElectricTurtle on

• Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    wow I lol'ed pretty hard at this thread title. :D

Anyway, it would seem like nVidia may have recognized the greatness of PAX, so hopefully they will just show a bunch of their stuff up here. I want to see their 3D Vision Kit in person. :P

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It wasnt held on the same weekend as PAX last year. It was held on the same week.

Nvision took place Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday before PAX last year.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    BigRed wrote: »
    It wasnt held on the same weekend as PAX last year. It was held on the same week.

Nvision took place Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday before PAX last year.

Granted, I forgot. Still, the events were so close I'm sure that a lot of vendors would perceive them as functionally overlapping.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    amatechaamatecha Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    yeah, for real. I had people wanting me to join up for NVision 08 but I couldn't justify doing two big trips in the *same week* (both international, for that matter). Now taht I look back, I'm really glad I didn't go as I would have been freaking half-dead by the end of PAX. haha

amatecha on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    Well, if they do come back, hopefully they don't bring back the numbers game.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I miss the numbers game... It was hilarious!

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    proXimity wrote: »
    I miss the numbers game... It was hilarious!

Ok. Only if they made a clause where you couldn't take up panel time to try and get your number matched, even if you were in the panel. If you did, that number was voided for both people. It started to get annoying.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I have to agree. The abuse of the panels really wasted everybody else's time.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I heard the website was a success though.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    MrBartokomousMrBartokomous Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Coldbrew wrote: »

Anyway, it would seem like nVidia may have recognized the greatness of PAX, so hopefully they will just show a bunch of their stuff up here. I want to see their 3D Vision Kit in person. :P

They had that last year in the Exhibit Hall. It might have been at Intel's both and not nVidia, but I definitely remember checking it out. It's pretty cool tech.

MrBartokomous on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

They had that last year in the Exhibit Hall. It might have been at Intel's both and not nVidia, but I definitely remember checking it out. It's pretty cool tech.

Really? Dammit!

I didn't spend much time in the expo hall last year though, that's probably why, but it's my main focus this year!

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Man, they have that at every computer store I've been in lately. It's pretty nifty.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    jonxp wrote: »

Man, they have that at every computer store I've been in lately. It's pretty nifty.

Too bad the setup is crazy expensive. The 120hz LCD really does kill it for most people.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Man, $600 for the whole setup? That's not bad at all to me...many people regularly spend that much on regular monitors.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
This discussion has been closed.