Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Let's Play] The Path: Voting ending soon... get them in!

FiggyFiggy Registered User regular
edited January 2011 in Games and Technology

Golly jee whiz! It's time to play The Path! It's a game wherein some girls get raped, killed, and graded on a letter scale. It takes place in a setting harkening back to the original Little Red Riding Hood tale, where the ending was anything but happy. I'll let the official site tell you more:
The Path is a short horror game inspired by older versions of Little Red Ridinghood, set in modern day. The Path offers an atmospheric experience of exploration, discovery and introspection through a unique form of game play, designed to immerse you deeply into its dark themes. Every interaction in the game expresses an aspect of the narrative. The six protagonists each have their own age and personality and allow the player to live through the tale in different ways. Most of the story, however, relies on your active imagination.

The Path is designed with accessibility in mind. There are no ticking clocks or monsters to defeat. No hard puzzles will ever halt your progress. Most activities in the game are entirely optional and voluntary. The player has all the freedom in the world to explore and experience. The Path is a Slow Game.

Six sisters live in an apartment in the city. One by one their mother sends them on an errand to their grandmother, who is sick and bedridden. The teenagers are instructed to go to grandmother's house deep in the forest and, by all means, to stay on the path! Wolves are hiding in the woods, just waiting for little girls to stray.
This is my first Let's Play, but I'm going to try my best to keep this as technically sound as possible. As far as content, I can't promise much, but I will say that I've never played the game before, and I will not be "trying it out" before hitting record. What you see and hear will be my 100% virgin, genuine response to the brilliance and/or terror that the game provides.

So, without further ado, I'll leave it to you all to vote which girl I will play through first. I will try to keep this LP short, since the game is short. I'm hoping to have 1 video for each character, for a total of 6 videos.

Here are the girls, for your voting pleasure. Please use the coloured, bolded example beside their names when voting in your posts, so it's easier for me to tally. If you don't, I might miss your vote.

(I'm keeping all grammatical atrocities intact inside the spoilers, since I think it adds to the atmosphere of the game--the grammatically incorrect atmosphere)

[highlight]OLDEST TO YOUNGEST[/highlight]

Scarlet (!Scarlet)
ovalportraitScarlet.png
(Scarlet's Live Journal: sternred)
Spoiler:

Carmen (!Carmen)
ovalportraitCarmen.png
(Carmen's Live Journal: SexyRed13)
Spoiler:

Ruby (!Ruby)
ovalportraitRuby.png
(Ruby's Live Journal: gothred) emored must have been taken
Spoiler:

Ginger (!Ginger)
ovalportraitGinger.png
(Ginger's Live Journal: tomboyred)
Spoiler:

Rose(!Rose)
ovalportraitRose.png
(Rose's Live Journal: innocentred)
Spoiler:

Robin (!Robin)
ovalportraitRobin.png
(Robin's Live Journal: kidred13)
Spoiler:

Figgy on
daniant wrote:
Alright, looks like I'm giving up golden showers for Lent.
XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment · Website : www.nathanswyers.com