As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Vague Children's Book Identification Request

Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality?Registered User regular
edited March 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to track down a children's book from decades past.

The geenral story is of a toy or a pet, which is stuck in a store or on a shelf or something of that nature, possibly gets picked up by someone before being discarded, before finding their "forever home".

The phrase "forever home" is the one thing I recall for certain, and would greatly appreciate anyone who could help me out with identifying its origins.

Apothe0sis on

• Options
    meekermeeker Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Corduroy

meeker on
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    meeker wrote: »
    Corduroy

I will look into this.

If this is accurate then I shall award you the key to the internets.

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The previews I saw on Amazon look like it's the goods.

But they didn't have the term "forever home" included. I've ordered it anyway. We'll see how it goes.

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Your library would be an easier way to check. But hey, either way you wind up with an awesome book.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Your library would be an easier way to check. But hey, either way you wind up with an awesome book.

So, it can be confirmed that it uses the phrase "forever home"?

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Not by me.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    Kuroi OokamiKuroi Ookami Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Corduroy was also my first though, though I also can't recall if it uses the phrase 'forever home'. I found a children book though that sounds like it might be what you're looking for if Corduroy doesn't pan out. It's called Buddy's Forever Home.

Kuroi Ookami on
    3DS (Topaz) 3351-4061-2929
    Wii U Topazfalcon (yes I play MH3U, preferably with a headset/mic usage)
    Let me know if you add me on either.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Thanks Kuroi. I'll look into that too.

Apothe0sis on