Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Mini Phalla] Elite Phalla Agents - Day Seven – Epilogue! EBA/Village Victory!

1234568»

• B:LB:L Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    warban wrote: »
    That was fun game. Too bad I got a Role which on turning to stone would of killed an elite beat agent.

Thanks for the sacrifice.

I don't know what ??? means, but I hope you're not one of the ones who get hosed. :|

And you know me and last minute shenanigans, cj. ;-)

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue Coral Springs, FLRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The sequel totally needs to be the Ouendan VS the EBA.

fiV9i14.jpg
    蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Well damn

I think I changed the kill order from B:L to someone else on multiple occasions and from matt to someone else at least once

and I admitted that the bad guys died from the vote on like day 2

and I did not need to change anything in that narration I quoted but I did so anyway

Good game for me

Perimare_zpsfcce2f1c.png
  • Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hmmm..

So what was your post restriction?

Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
    edited April 2009
    I just had to include stop the music

So why did I end up removing that word and a half in the narration?

I just don't know

Perimare_zpsfcce2f1c.png
  • DaiusDaius Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Gumpy cheated his way out of the post restriction but I didn't have enough basis to eliminate him because someone could still have noticed he changed the narration quote.

Thank god you did, Andrew.

bigbosssig.png
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I feel sorry for the children, myself.

edited April 2009
    Daius wrote: »
    Gumpy cheated his way out of the post restriction but I didn't have enough basis to eliminate him because someone could still have noticed he changed the narration quote.

Thank god you did, Andrew.

To be fair that post restriction was the equivalent of outing myself in the thread.

There was near to no basis of saying that when it wasn't in a quote, and with a game where the amount of people posting in the thread was about three, there was no excuse to suddenly start going all evil >:

Perimare_zpsfcce2f1c.png
  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Which I think was intended; the "post restriction" mechanic seems to have been a minor seer, forcing the target to post in character on the next day. Unless I'm misunderstanding the intent/effect.

edited April 2009
    Well it was damn effective

And to be honest I think it was more effective then a standard seer, as it allowed the special who used it to utterly rain on my parade while having hard evidence of my misdeeds in the thread

Perimare_zpsfcce2f1c.png
    edited April 2009
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Well it was damn effective

And to be honest I think it was more effective then a standard seer, as it allowed the special who used it to utterly rain on my parade while having hard evidence of my misdeeds in the thread

Yeah, but think of all the post restrictions we've seen in other phallas where the bad guys are able to make random targets seem evil -- anything like that will never be conclusive without the special outing themselves.

edited April 2009
    To be honest I think it was more the BOLD BLACK TEXT then what I was actually required to write in it

I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling post restrictions

Perimare_zpsfcce2f1c.png
  • Kay2Kay2 Registered User
    edited April 2009
    "Man, we're so stumped for leads right now that I'm tempted to look through the thread and see if anyone kept posting STOP THE MUSIC STOP THE MUSIC over and over. I'm that out of ideas!"

edited April 2009
    The post restriction was indeed intended to be form of public seering. Depending on the role of the person targetted they would have had to put something glaringly obvious in their post that would give away their role. You wouldn't be complaining if B:L had been hit and had to type EBA slogans in bold yellow text, would you Gumpy?

bigbosssig.png
    edited April 2009
    No I would not have complained about that

But then again I let B:L live and was thanked with death

Perimare_zpsfcce2f1c.png
    edited April 2009
    Was it the whole 'If B:L is alive late in the game he must be evil because everyone kills B:L' trick that was being attempted there?

edited April 2009
    I was hoping that he would eat a late game bandwagon, letting him leave victorious and us without worrying about the vote

But he just happened to be an agent who did not win when voted out

shucks

Perimare_zpsfcce2f1c.png
    edited April 2009
    Gumpy wrote: »
    I was hoping that he would eat a late game bandwagon, letting him leave victorious and us without worrying about the vote

But he just happened to be an agent who did not win when voted out

shucks

Actually I'm immune to the vote. :whistle:

Looking at it balance wise, if the specials were actually in play it would look bad for the rhombulans. Except they weren't so it worked out in the end. 8-)

And Gumpy I let you live too until you decided to bandwagon me! Who stabbed who?

edited April 2009
    Look the bandwagon would have mean you would have won and then we would have froliced in the fields together and danced and sung

but then you ruined it

Perimare_zpsfcce2f1c.png
    edited April 2009
    Epilogue coming sometime in the next few hours. I'm not sure when exactly, because of my mad procrastination skills.

bigbosssig.png
  • MatatatMatatat Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Except for the part where we would've lost

edited April 2009
    Day 7 - Epilogue

If you’re still here to read this, I commend you. We have all been through many hardships and lost many of our members, but in the end we managed to destroy the Rhombulan threat, together, as a team, you did well!

So, as the EBA forum project draws to a close, we have collected progress reports on our surviving members and how we’ve managed to help.

Captain Brooke (Sticks) flaunted his new found wealth, buying a magnificent yacht to sail the seas in luxury. A few months into his journey, however, he received an unexpected visit from his ex-crew. Seems they had taken to a steady career in piracy during their Captain’s absence. And they wanted him to take a little stroll down the plank.
    Spoiler:

Lucy (Warban), who suppressed the music within her out of sheer fear of the Rhombulans, grew up to be a wonderful young woman. Finally seeing her father again put her whole life into perspective, and the experience brought her a new hero and inspiration. Every Saturday she visits the statue that was once Agent Derek, leaving a single flower each time.
    Spoiler:

Max the Cat (Nitsua) finished his plate of fish too fast, learning a valuable lesson that nothing lasts forever. He grew to share a deep bond with the baby he had protected to get it though, and the friendship the two had lasted for many years longer than a couple of sardines.
    Spoiler:

Isabella Carrington (GrimmyTOA), while initially returning in full force to the world of celebrity, fell afoul of both the media and the public when it was revealed that she had deliberately abandoned her sister on the island so that the spotlight would be on her more often. Completely ostracised, she now lives in a quiet mountain village, waiting for the day when her infamy would be forgotten.

Norma Carrington (Andrew Rayn) on the other hand was praised as a hero when it was reported that she had been the one to organise the mass exodus into the City Square, saving countless lives in the process. She has since founded a major charity to support those who were bereaved during the attacks. She has forgiven Isabella, but doesn’t believe her sister would ever understand that.
    Spoiler:

Chris Silverscreen (Stew_Stick) followed the success of Romancing Meowzilla with a documentary about the Rhombulan attacks, entitled “The Day the Music Survived”. It was well received by some, but others criticised him exploiting such a sensitive topic so shortly after it happened. Never-the-less, over time it became a classic along the same lines as Schindler’s List and became synonymous with the alien attacks for future generations.
    Spoiler:

Colonel Bob (Keika) and his wife were arrested for tax fraud and their properties were repossessed by the government. His mansion was refitted to become a memorial museum for the alien attacks. He is once again trying to kick start a career, but instead of digging for oil he is attempting to create a new type of solar power cell. Only time will tell if he is successful.
    Spoiler:

Jake (Jayson Four) defeated the zombie overlord and got a promotion to an executive position in the Sarcastic Nuts & Nuts company. Subsequently, Nut sales worldwide have increased 10 fold, one of the few industries to completely ignore the effects of the global economic downturn. He still doesn’t smile though. That wouldn’t be appropriate.
    Spoiler:

Amanda (scrivenerjones) got through an audition for “Elite Beat Agents – The Musical” and was cast as Agent J, which most felt that, while a strange choice of role, she performed exceedingly well in. Agent J even appeared onstage at the premiere to offer her a bouquet of flowers, applauding her on her amazing portrayal.
    Spoiler:

Leonardo (Romantic Undead) continued to be a celebrated artist, not only painting a portrait of (his bride-to-be) the beautiful Mona Lisa, but branching out into large scale public art and music. He is currently drawing up the schematics for a firework portrait the the Elite Beat Agents to be displayed at the next New Years celebrations.
    Spoiler:

The Agents, J (B:L) and Morris (Matatat) decided that they would retire from the Elite Beat Agents, their work complete. They had seen that day in the City Square that everybody had the power of the beat deep inside them, and that they would all find ways to help themselves with the power, without the need for a group of dancing men in suits. Currently based in Hawaii, they have reported to me saying they are as happy as ever.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Oh yes, and me. With the department of Elite Beats now shutting down, I’m going to retire and indulge in one of my life-long passions; furniture restoration. So, if you ever break one of the legs on your antique table...

...well, you know what to shout.

WINNERS

Agent J - B:L - Happily Retired
    Agent Morris - Matatat - Happily Retired

Norma Carrington (Mason) - Andrew Ryan - Became a Philanthropist
    Jake (Vig) - Jayson Four - Defeated Zombies, Sold Nuts
    Amanda - scrivenerjones - Succesful Broadway Star
    Leonardo - Romantic Undead - Got the Portrait and the Girl
    Lucy - Warban - Grew up and lived Happily
    Max - Nitsua - Gained a new Best Friend
    Chris - Stew_Stick - Gained a Film making legacy

LOSERS

Thomas (Seer) - kuhlmeye - Turned to Stone
    Hulk (Role Blocker) - simonwolf - Turned to Stone

Rhombulan - cj iwakura - Exploded
    Jack - Kime - Turned to Stone
    Sam - Fiaryn - Gave up Hope

Agent Derek (EBA) - Ergandar - Turned to Stone
    Cap White (Guard) - crimsoncoyote - Turned to Stone
    Ken Ozu - Tommy2Hands - Turned to Stone

Rhombulan - Kay - Exploded
    Jane - Wildcat - Turned to Stone
    Sophie - With Doctor, DBM - Turned to Stone

Rhombulan - Gumpy - Exploded
    Rhombulan - WilDPanthA05 - Exploded

Captain Brooke - Sticks - Walked the Plank
    Isabella Carrington - GrimmyTOA - Ostracised
    Colonel Bob - Keika - Arrested by the Taxman

LOSER ROLE PMS

Agent Derek
    Spoiler:

Rhombulan
    Spoiler:

Jane
    Spoiler:

Jack
    Spoiler:

Sam
    Spoiler:

Thomas
    Spoiler:

Sophie
    Spoiler:

Cap White
    Spoiler:

Ken Ozu
    Spoiler:

Hulk
    Spoiler:

MVPs

B:L, for executing quite an impressive last second vote swing to win the game. And also for posting in the thread pretty consistently throughout and not drawing any suspicion for actually paying attention to the game. A class act.

Also Warban, for rolling such a sweet and innocent role as Lucy and yet having the tenacity to use his usual tactic of pathologically lying to the entire thread in order to get things done. Bravo.

THANKS FOR PLAYING!

bigbosssig.png
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Excellent outro. Thanks very much for hosting this mini, Daius.

edited April 2009
    This.

This is how you end a phalla.

Thanks for running and planning an amazing game, Daius. It was fun, quirky, and very thematic.

The only complaint is that Derek is in the losers section. We EBA win together!

• warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yes, Enjoyable game. It's somewhat exciting to see a Help the village mini work so well.

Gives me ideas.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited April 2009
    Now that is how role PM's should be revealed at game end

Perimare_zpsfcce2f1c.png
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Good game, Daius.

edited April 2009
    That was a great game, Daius! Thanks for letting me be part of it.

• scrivenerjonesscrivenerjones Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    good game even though I only got to play like 1.2 days of it =/

• ErgandarErgandar Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It was a magnificent game, and enjoyable to follow even after death.

8-)

RachelSig.jpg
  • Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Good game!

Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I agree with what everyone else wrote. The roles were tons of fun, the mechanics were unexpected, and it was all wrapped up brilliantly. Great show, Daius.

• NitsuaNitsua Newport News, VARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I really enjoyed this game... though I am curious about something: Who chose me to actually get what I was going for? I was totally not expecting to win in the same night Warban did. I kept up with the thread even after I got out. The narrations each night were amazing and I had a lot of fun seeing how the voting was going. Thanks Daius for a great mini!

edited April 2009
    Each night the EBA selected one player to "help" and then the village selected by vote a second player for them to help. (The help itself was essentially a public seer with death, with the quirk that it was a win for the player helped if they were village aligned.)

So you have B:L and crew to thank for your victory.

• Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Darian wrote: »
    Each night the EBA selected one player to "help" and then the village selected by vote a second player for them to help. (The help itself was essentially a public seer with death, with the quirk that it was a win for the player helped if they were village aligned.)

So you have B:L and crew to thank for your victory.

I thought it was only a real win if the character had a really important situation with which they needed help. For instance, keeping a baby alive was more important that finding buried treasure (as in the epilogue, that character ended up biting it). So while you temporarily thought it was a win, you actually lost in the end, because being greedy is bad. And it was way more important to save people's lives by getting rid of the Rhombulans, so those that were not helped before the EBA won the game had good endings.

1234568»