As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Allergic reaction?

Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
edited March 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I recently got a new job at an hotel, which involved me moving. I first went to work here for a week to prove I could do the job even though I had no previous experience and things went fine. At the end of the week though, my upper lip started drying out. Drastically. I then went home, the lip returned to normal in a day or two and I didn't think much of it. Until now. I've been here for just over a week, and my upper lip is acting up again, drying out like crazy. I can drink water constantly, and it is still dry. I use this aloe vera thingy, which doesn't really help.

I haven't noticed any other symptoms, and I'm utterly stumped. Never had any issues with my lips until now, so I'm not sure what it is. It only affects my upper lip too.

Cynic Jester on

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    what are the differences in climate between your job's location and home? I'm assuming you moved cities, right?

it sounds like you just need some proper lip balm

I have tons of skin issues every time I move, sometimes my body has to readjust to the new environment, sometimes it's allergies, sometimes it's stress, but having it focused on the lip area is a bit odd

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Not that different, temperature is about the same, but this is on the coast, and no industry, so I suppose that might account for it.

And yeah, that's what bugs me. Upper lip? What kind of a reaction is that.

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    ihmmyihmmy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    get some good lip balm, something like blistex brand that actually helps heal your lips. use often

ihmmy on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It's probably the salt in the air doing it.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    It's probably the salt in the air doing it.

Yeah, probably this. My lips get chapped in salty environments sometimes.

Keep trying out chapsticks and lip balms. You'll find one eventually that works for you.

LavaKnight on