As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat]sket, all [chat] threads are canon

• HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    ALocksly wrote:
    Haphazard wrote:
    Well, he is aLocksly. We can´t be sure which one.

:P

In the Errol Flynn Robin Hood "A Locksly" was the password to show you were down with RH and get into the secret meetings

also, I'm something of an archer so......

I watched that some 20 years ago and can´t quite remember any scenes.
    :oops:

Since you´re in Nihon, have you tried the whole zen archery thing?

Haphazard on
  • ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    We won a chilli competition as Team Tenorman once

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Haphazard wrote:
    He would break the backs of their diminutive horses.

Dynagrip on
  • ALockslyALocksly Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    If I ever have to hire people on an application-basis, I'm going to change the part where they ask about felony convictions to be about religious convictions instead, and just leave the whole "Note: a conviction record does not automatically disqualify you for employment" bit.

I had a fundie boss for awhile, she even taught bible study in the office on weekends.

We sold granite countertops. I would be explaning to a curious customer how granite is formed and how the cooling speed affects the crystal sizes in the stone and she would come in with how all the stone was actually formed instantly 6000 years ago and how there was proof by this rare gas and "why doncha watch this video that I got all about it"

it was high facepalmin' times

ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Haphazard wrote:
    He would break the backs of their diminutive horses.

I really wanted to but there's no school nearby

also in an ironic twist, there is no Aikido dojo close either but some of my Junior High students REALLY want to learn so I may end up actually teaching Aikido in Japan.

edit: my nose tells me the stew is ready

ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    lyledb6.gif

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I'm so glad I started reading Achewood.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    ALocksly wrote:
    If I ever have to hire people on an application-basis, I'm going to change the part where they ask about felony convictions to be about religious convictions instead, and just leave the whole "Note: a conviction record does not automatically disqualify you for employment" bit.

I had a fundie boss for awhile, she even taught bible study in the office on weekends.

We sold granite countertops. I would be explaning to a curious customer how granite is formed and how the cooling speed affects the crystal sizes in the stone and she would come in with how all the stone was actually formed instantly 6000 years ago and how there was proof by this rare gas and "why doncha watch this video that I got all about it"

See, that's the reason we need to screen religious-convicts carefully. I mean sure, some of them have reformed and can be productive, reliable workers, but 44% are just going to go right back into the pokey.

ViolentChemistry on
    edited December 2006
    preliminary fort report

sgi4.jpg

ALocksly on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    ALocksly wrote:

Haha, that's great.

Dynagrip on
    edited December 2006
    That is a very tidy fort. Do you have anyone else to man it or is it going to be a solo position?

Dynagrip on
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    That is a very tidy fort. Do you have anyone else to man it or is it going to be a solo position?

somehow I feel that I shall be able to recruit a few of my elementary school students to help out.

a few dozen

edit: also this is just the first night. This thing's gonna get BIGGER. I want crenelations on the walls and a tower under the tree and at the corner. I've got till May to make my house no longer visible from the street

ALocksly on
    edited December 2006
    ALocksly wrote:
    preliminary fort report

sgi4.jpg[img][/img]

Thats a fine perimeter by any standard. Needs more icicle concertina wire though.

Icicle?

Ice icle

Man I'm going to bed. Or eating breakfast. Now I'm paralyzed with indecision.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
    edited December 2006
    ALocksly wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:

somehow I feel that I shall be able to recruit a few of my elementary school students to help out.

a few dozen

edit: also this is just the first night. This thing's gonna get bigger. I want crenelations on the walls and a tower under the tree and at the corner. I've got till May to make my house no longer visible from the street

You should go for this style.

Fortbourtange.jpg

Dynagrip on
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    ALocksly wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:

a few dozen

edit: also this is just the first night. This thing's gonna get bigger. I want crenelations on the walls and a tower under the tree and at the corner. I've got till May to make my house no longer visible from the street

Fortbourtange.jpg

hmmmm, there is an elementary school playfield a few blocks from my house......

ALocksly on
    edited December 2006
    It's probably for the best that I don't live in an area that receives regular snowfall because I have wicked knack for hitting people right in the eyes when I throw stuff at them.

Dynagrip on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    This unseasonable warmth is getting to me.

nexuscrawler on
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    It's probably for the best that I don't live in an area that receives regular snowfall because I have wicked knack for hitting people right in the eyes when I throw stuff at them.
    Its a snowball, thats half the fun

ArbitraryDescriptor on
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    I think I might have damaged some girl's cornea with a +1lb water balloon...

Dynagrip on
  • JinniganJinnigan Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    ALocksly wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:

a few dozen

Fortbourtange.jpg
    i want to assault this castle in Total War

I have no fucking clue how to even start but oh man

Jinnigan on
    whatifihadnofriendsshortenedsiggy2.jpg
    edited December 2006
    Snow... oh, the envy!!!

Edit:

Where is that, Dyna?

A few months ago, I watched a documentary about japanese fortresses. They must´ve been a real bitch to take.

Haphazard on
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    I think I might have damaged some girl's cornea with a +1lb water balloon...
    You're like Bullseye's evil twin.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • DiscGraceDiscGrace Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I'm not at work thanks to the snow. Woo hoo!!!

I was on my way in when someone in my lab called me (I had already been sitting on the highway for ~20 minutes and could still see my house) and told me that her sister was also heading towards campus from about the same spot where I live - she had left at 7:45 AM, and as of 8:40 or so, she was not yet halfway there. :shock:

Maybe I'll try again after it stops snowing.

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2006
    yay snow

though I've been told that unless is dumps a few feet overnight I still am expected to turn up at the office

ALocksly on
    edited December 2006
    Jinnigan wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Fortbourtange.jpg
    i want to assault this castle in Total War

I have no fucking clue how to even start but oh man
    Now, maybe it's just me, but if it was me assaulting that castle, I'd want giant robots, not legionaires.

ViolentChemistry on
    edited December 2006
    DiscGrace wrote:

I was on my way in when someone in my lab called me (I had already been sitting on the highway for ~20 minutes and could still see my house) and told me that her sister was also heading towards campus from about the same spot where I live - she had left at 7:45 AM, and as of 8:40 or so, she was not yet halfway there. :shock:

We have a lot of wind. It was kinda pissing me off when I was out there.

ViolentChemistry on
    edited December 2006
    DiscGrace wrote:

Yeah, it was kind of scary with the wind out here, my car was simultaneously sliding and being blown around. I'm just glad I grew up in Michigan and know how to drive on the damn stuff (although I dearly miss my good old four-wheel-drive car) - my friends from Cali here for grad school basically have a panic attack when they have to drive somewhere in the snow.

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2006
    Haphazard wrote:
    Snow... oh, the envy!!!

Edit:

Where is that, Dyna?

A few months ago, I watched a documentary about japanese fortresses. They must´ve been a real bitch to take.

Bourtange star fort, restored to 1750 situation, Groningen (province), Netherlands

Courtesy of Wikipedia.

Dynagrip on
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Haphazard wrote:
    Snow... oh, the envy!!!

Edit:

Where is that, Dyna?

I would gladly trade my 6 months of snow for warm climate. Do not envy satan's weather.

precisionk on
    edited December 2006
    Well, we have... spring right now.

:cry:

Edit:

I´d glady have satans weather over here.
    Maybe we have. It´s unnaturally hot right now...

:?

Haphazard on
    edited December 2006
    precisionk wrote:
    Haphazard wrote:
    Snow... oh, the envy!!!

Edit:

Where is that, Dyna?

I would gladly trade my 6 months of snow for warm climate. Do not envy satan's weather.

Do you live in Norway or something?

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2006
    precisionk wrote:
    Haphazard wrote:
    Snow... oh, the envy!!!

Edit:

Where is that, Dyna?

You should check into Houston.

Dynagrip on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    It's 20 degrees outside. :(

moniker on
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    DiscGrace wrote:
    precisionk wrote:
    Haphazard wrote:
    Snow... oh, the envy!!!

Edit:

Where is that, Dyna?

Close. Minnesota.

Though I can't complain as of late. We haven't had a day of permanent snow yet. We actually had a thunderstorm this week.

precisionk on
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    VishNub wrote:
    This Phalla has been quite awesome. I'm growing slightly upset with Dyna for killing me.
    Maybe someone shouldn't have told me how glad great it was to kill me through several Phallas and how they were going to totally laugh if I was eaten the first night.

You would have killed me anyways. Don't try to pretend otherwise.

I find it hilarious that we agreed to not get each other staked when you were going to vigilante me an hour later.

VishNub on
    edited December 2006
    moniker wrote:
    It's 20 degrees outside. :(

Degrees of what? Apples?

If you´re talking about Celsius, then welcome to the club.

Haphazard on
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    VishNub on
    edited December 2006
    VishNub wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    VishNub wrote:
    This Phalla has been quite awesome. I'm growing slightly upset with Dyna for killing me.
    Maybe someone shouldn't have told me how glad great it was to kill me through several Phallas and how they were going to totally laugh if I was eaten the first night.

You would have killed me anyways. Don't try to pretend otherwise.

I find it hilarious that we agreed to not get each other staked when you were going to vigilante me an hour later.
    Yes, I was going to kill you based on past Phallas and your enjoyment of my deaths in each.

Dynagrip on
    edited December 2006
    DiscGrace wrote:
    DiscGrace wrote:

Yeah, it was kind of scary with the wind out here, my car was simultaneously sliding and being blown around. I'm just glad I grew up in Michigan and know how to drive on the damn stuff (although I dearly miss my good old four-wheel-drive car) - my friends from Cali here for grad school basically have a panic attack when they have to drive somewhere in the snow.

Over here they have these things look like giant steel window blinds along the roads to deflect the wind up over the road and presumably keep you from blowing off

Also I'm told that the roadbed on the expressway is actually heated to keep it above freezing

ALocksly on
    edited December 2006
    precisionk wrote:
    DiscGrace wrote:
    precisionk wrote:
    Haphazard wrote:
    Snow... oh, the envy!!!

Edit:

Where is that, Dyna?

Close. Minnesota.

Though I can't complain as of late. We haven't had a day of permanent snow yet. We actually had a thunderstorm this week.

Nice. Yeah, I'm over in Madison, and I had to scrape a half inch of ice off my windshield yesterday, and today with circa three inches of snow so far the highways around my house are all but shut down. It's good times.

At least the dog is happy I'm stuck at home.

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.