As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sega Saturn Collection - Am I Done?

h8b1llg8tsh8b1llg8ts Registered User regular
edited March 2009 in Games and Technology
According to the wife my copy of Astal has just arrived in the mail today. And I believe my collection is complete and I wanted to run it by you to make sure I'm not missing anything. I'm not a turned based RPG fan nor a huge sports fan. But I do enjoy the fighters, shooters, and off the wall Sega games as you can see below. If there's anything you see I'm missing let me know, PA has been a big help in the past. I have both two Stunners and 8 button Fight Stick to enjoy too.

I also should mention my birthday is in 16 days and my brother has promised me both Marvel and X-Men vs Street Fighter with the Pro Action Replay Cart.
Alien Trilogy
Bug
Clockwork Knight
Criticom
Daytona USA
Die Hard Arcade CCE
Fighters Megamix
Fighting Vipers
Galaxy Fight
Golden Ax
Guardian Heroes
Iron Man
Marvel Super Heroes
Mechwarrier 2
Mortal Kombat 2
Mortal Kombat 3
Mr. Bones
NBA Jam TE
Nights: Into Dreams
Night Warriors
Panzer Dragoon
Panzer Dragoon Zwei
Primal Rage
Scud
Sonic 3D
Sonic Jam
Sonic R
Street Fighter Alpha
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Street Fighter Collection
Virtua Cop
Virtua Cop 2
Virtua Fighter 2
Virtua Fighter Kids
X-Men Children of Atom

Here's Proof: (The all white box is Nights just missing the back cover but that will be replaced thanx to coverartproject.)
saturnpic1.jpg

EDIT

Looks like a passing friend at worked pointed out Last Bronx.

Coolest Guy I Know
h8b1llg8ts.gif
sig.gif
MAX: Liz I really, really wish that this could be something, you know, more. But it can't. We're just...

LIZ: Different.

VOICE-OVER: It's September 24th, I'm Liz Parker and five days ago I died. But then the really amazing thing happened. I came to life.
h8b1llg8ts on

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I know you said you're not a big RPG fan, but I noticed you have the two Panzer Dragoon games and yet no Panzer Dragoon Saga. Sure, it's expensive, but definitely a game meant to be played.

Also not sure where you stand on imports, but Radiant Silvergun is an important shmup.

Where's Saturn Bomberman? As far as I know, it's the only 10-player Bomberman game out there.

Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo is another good one, but it's also available elsewhere.

So that's a start.

SteevL on
  • Options
    DrakmathusDrakmathus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    christmas nights, dragonforce, shining wisdom, dark savior... uh, soviet strike? heh...

What about imports? That is a HUGE draw of the saturn and you're missing out. It's like owning a gen/cd/32x and only having cd and 32x games.

Drakmathus on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Bomberman has been on my fence for so long but due to the fact that I don't really play co-op too often it kind of slipped from the list.

Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo -- I have Pocket Fighter for the PSX so I didn't see a need to double up.

h8b1llg8ts on
    Coolest Guy I Know
    h8b1llg8ts.gif
    sig.gif
    MAX: Liz I really, really wish that this could be something, you know, more. But it can't. We're just...

VOICE-OVER: It's September 24th, I'm Liz Parker and five days ago I died. But then the really amazing thing happened. I came to life.
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I don't see Radiant Silvergun anywhere on that list.

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I would say that is pretty complete, but you should definitely, as others have said, consider imports. There is a wealth of great Japan only Saturn games

Panzer Dragoon Saga is very expensive, and imo, not aged all that well.

I think the Saturn version of Rayman is the best one. It's what I played it on, and really liked it.

Burning Rangers?

House of the Dead was on the Saturn right?

If you like shmups there is Thunderforce V, and the obvious Radient Silvergun.

LewieP on
  • Options
    TarpoTarpo Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Any Saturn collection missing Fire Pro Wrestling Six Man Scramble is missing a very important piece. And with the action replay coming you don't have to worry about it being an import.

Tarpo on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    h8b1llg8ts wrote: »
    Bomberman has been on my fence for so long but due to the fact that I don't really play co-op too often it kind of slipped from the list.

Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo -- I have Pocket Fighter for the PSX so I didn't see a need to double up.

Pocket Fighter is a completely different game, though! Puzzle Fighter uses the same sprites, but it's a puzzle game. Unless you actually meant you have Puzzle Fighter on the PSX.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    SteevL wrote: »

Pocket Fighter is a completely different game, though! Puzzle Fighter uses the same sprites, but it's a puzzle game. Unless you actually meant you have Puzzle Fighter on the PSX.

Yes, Puzzle Fighter, arrgg. Also, have Rayman for the PSX, Soviet Strike PSX again, Croc (if anyone suggests) on the 3DO, and HofD all them on other varies systems. I should mention I'm not a Shumup fan but what I mostly saw of imports were RPG's.

Am I mistaken?

h8b1llg8ts on
    Coolest Guy I Know
    h8b1llg8ts.gif
    sig.gif

• Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I don't see Astal on that list.

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Read the very first line of his post.

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Kaseius wrote: »

Read the very first line of his post.

Well, I did say I didn't see it on the list.
    :oops:

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The import-only Dungeons & Dragons anthology by Capcom was the only reason I bought a Saturn.

I see you have Guardian Heroes and Golden Ax on your list, so you might enjoy it. Might be hard to find now.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Thought of some more:

Virtual on
    Dayton Usa: Championship Edition
    Street Fighter Alpha 3 (Japan only)

LewieP on
  • Options
    DrakmathusDrakmathus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    oh my yes, virtual on is great. It also gives you an excuse to buy twinsticks.

Drakmathus on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I also should mention my birthday is in 16 days and my brother has promised me both Marvel and X-Men vs Street Fighter with the Pro Action Replay Cart.
    Kiss your brother on the mouth. That is the best reason to own a Saturn and a Pro Action Replay (actually, did the first MvC hit the Saturn or the DC Import?) if you're a fan of fighters.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    DusT_HounDDusT_HounD Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hrm, am i allowed to reiterate just how much i love Guardian Heroes?

DusT_HounD on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    DusT_HounD wrote: »
    Hrm, am i allowed to reiterate just how much i love Guardian Heroes?

It was PA that suggested it and for the last 3 months I can't stop playing ... We need more games like this.

h8b1llg8ts on
    Coolest Guy I Know
    h8b1llg8ts.gif
    sig.gif

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    20001004h.jpg

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Nice collection. Sega Saturn is def. one system that I haven't really paid much attention to. I always forget about it.

I also need a nice shelf like that for my games too.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Even if you aren't fond of turn-based RPGs, there's a significant lack of Working Designs in that list. They localized two solid action RPGs(Shining Wisdom, Magic Knight Rayearth) and the best strategy warfare game ever made(Dragon Force).

Burning Rangers is also worth tracking down, since it was the Sonic Team's last Saturn game. It might be hard to come by for that reason.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png