As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Scary Shit

1333435363739»

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Funny story: the word for "dog" and the word for "crab" are almost identical in Korean, so depending on the restaurant, you have to be eeeextra careful about your pronunciation.

"Yes, I will have...theeeee...dog balls, please."

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    If I had 100W for every time I ordered dog balls!
    my wallet would still be empty

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    what is the W compared to the $

and what is it

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It is a uhh

I think the murrican spelling is "won," but it's pronounced "wahn."

It's a won, and it's like 1,000W = a little under a dollah.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I never understand using such big numbers for so little value

just adjust the stuff and save money from not having to print so many zeroes

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    First thing I thought when I saw the W was "Woolongs?"

and then I was like that can't be right

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I used a bathroom in Alice on the way to South Padre for spring break this year.

It was a good stop.

There's a Kettle in Alice that my grandparents and I used to stop at every time we rolled through from McAllen; last time I was there was about seven years ago and I ate by myself (work trip, nostalgia) and I saw this tiny little black kitten just rooting around the dumpster outside. Being the gigantic sentimental sap that I am, I ordered a couple of sausage patties to go and left them outside the building for him. The smell of fresh sausage had him moving like some tiny greased lightning bolt and he damn near got in the truck with me.

I had no pet at the time; I was so close to bringing him home with me.

Kettles are the shit and you are such a sweetheart, DW.

Feedin' little kittens and shit. You just know he got scooped up and made into barbacoa.

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    If I hadn't been leaving that townhouse and moving on campus in short order, I woulda kept him. I like to think I would have given him an inspired kitty name, something like Shere Khan or Tank.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    jesus guys, I ate at a kettle once, I do not have the constitution to handle that much grease

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Clan_NovaCat.png

Nova

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    no go?

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I heard what I thought was an urban legend about Chevrolet not being able to sell the Nova in Mexico because of the direct translation of the name.

Then I spent some time there and realized it is half true. There are a shit load of Novas in Mexico... they just renamed them to "Chevy".

GRMike on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It is a uhh

Ahaha. Try 1,300 to the dollar. Which I guess is better than it was a few months ago.. 1,500.

I mean I guess you would know better since you are there but I've been watching it for a while now because their economy tanked hard.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Clan_NovaCat.png

Nova

Love you so much.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Robcham wrote: »
    Rolo wrote: »
    As for what scares me?

Well this scares me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noFCekWiUGE
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

Jesus. She sold the hell out of that scream.

Shorty on
  • Options
    scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    What the hell was that? Scared the fuck out of me

scarlet blvd. on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    that one is bad, but I don't know if it's worse than the one where the lady falls off of the ladder and into the glass display case

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Mister LongbaughMister Longbaugh Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    hahaha wow.

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    First thing I thought when I saw the W was "Woolongs?"

and then I was like that can't be right

:^:

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    you know, artreus is the man because he's got some clan nova cat love goin on

<3

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I mean everybody knows Clan Wolf is the best but I appreciate me my battletech in any form I can get it these days.

Artreus on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    ah god that video

ugughsaguaghasjkhasfhaisj

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Artreus wrote: »
    It is a uhh

Ahaha. Try 1,300 to the dollar. Which I guess is better than it was a few months ago.. 1,500.

I mean I guess you would know better since you are there but I've been watching it for a while now because their economy tanked hard.

Well that's kind of what I meant by 1,000 being a little under a dollar. I think we're saying the same thing. 300W is a negligible amount, like a handful of change, so it's easier to think of a 1,000W bill being a bit under a dollar for all intents and purposes.

If they used woolongs here I would be a cowboy and my life would be a lot cooler than it is.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Artreus wrote: »
    It is a uhh

Well that's kind of what I meant by 1,000 being a little under a dollar. I think we're saying the same thing. 300W is a negligible amount, like a handful of change, so it's easier to think of a 1,000W bill being a bit under a dollar for all intents and purposes.

If they used woolongs here I would be a cowboy and my life would be a lot cooler than it is.

ohh, yeah pretty much.

Also woolongs confused the hell out of me when I was a little kid. Currency exchange was complicated.

I am still pissed I am missing out on this chance to go to south korea for a rad cooperation conference because I got shitty grades.

Artreus on