Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

How do you know what somethings worth without e-bay?

NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
edited April 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
So i have an item and for the love of god i can't figure out what it's worth. I have searched e-bay, and it's not on there, and i realized that without e-bay i have no idea how to attach a dollar value to the item.

The item in question is a 3 1/2 -4 foot tall statue of master chief from the halo series. I know this model was limited to 600 units and cam out for the launch of halo 2.
anyone have any clue how i can figure this out?

NakedZergling on

1) As a small side note, one day, I really hope to be King Penis of Fuck Mountain.

2) No shitty anime or wolf-people, take that crap to deviant art

• WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm not sure but PM me when you find out - depending on the price I may take it off your hands.

• oldsakoldsak Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    for collectors items for which there's not really an active market, the value is really whatever somebody will pay for it/how much you're willing to take to part with it.

• NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    i was told by a local comics/games dealer that it's worth between 500-1000 but that seems like an large gap, and i have no clue if it's true.

1) As a small side note, one day, I really hope to be King Penis of Fuck Mountain.

2) No shitty anime or wolf-people, take that crap to deviant art
  • Teslan26Teslan26 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Look on ebay for people trading SIMILAR goods, in volume especially, and ask them.

Snowbeat wrote: »
    get out of here, numbername
  • starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, without an active market its hard to determine the price of a good. I'd say maybe put it up on ebay with a reserve of like 1500 or so. If someone ends up buying it for that much, damn you just made fiteen-hunnerd. If not, you can see the general area the bidding ends.

But this is with ebay so my advice directly contradicts the title.

camo_sig2.png