Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

terrible endings to wonderful things

RanxRanx Registered User regular
edited April 2009 in Singularity Engine++
having just watched the final episode of battlestar galactica and been subsequently filled with an unquenchable rage at the fact that they actually ended like they did, I began to think of other good things that have ended badly

for example

bernie mac

Bernie-Mac-1-death.jpg

dogg died of pneumonia

talk about shit that was once good that ended up as shit y'all

Ranx on
·
«13456746

Posts

  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow No guarantees. You know me better than that, Jin.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    This is a thread about Jericho.

    7cA8fU3.jpg?1
    PSN: UnbreakableVow | Wii U: UnbreakableVow26
    ·
  • JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    This is going to turn into a weepy relationship thread. Call me when it gets there so I can weep with you guys.

    camo_sig2.png
    ·
  • iusehappymodiusehappymod Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Bioshock.


    Hamlet will be Hamlet
    An ineffable tragedy of the human spirit that still resonates, even today.
    ·
  • RobchamRobcham Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Jackie Chan's American movie career

    ·
  • RanxRanx Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    seriously guys the BSG ending was such horse shit

    I feel like I just wasted all those hours of my life watching it

    ·
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The last track on the Protomen record is a big disappointment

    I pretty much stop listening after Sons of Fate

    ·
  • DubhDubh The scarf is nice Pizza SewersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    My first time.

    ·
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow No guarantees. You know me better than that, Jin.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ranx wrote: »
    seriously guys the BSG ending was such horse shit

    I feel like I just wasted all those hours of my life watching it

    Don't tell me that, I'm still on season one.

    7cA8fU3.jpg?1
    PSN: UnbreakableVow | Wii U: UnbreakableVow26
    ·
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User
    edited April 2009
    xfiles

    ·
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    MHbuddies.jpg

    Mission Hill was killed off when only 6 episodes were aired on WB. Only 13 were ever finished and they were on Adult Swim and such for a while. Now on DvD...


    The show was way ahead of its time with the first animated gay male kiss in the pilot.

    ·
  • RobchamRobcham Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The Simp-- no wait too soon

    ·
  • GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ranx wrote: »
    seriously guys the BSG ending was such horse shit

    I feel like I just wasted all those hours of my life watching it

    Don't tell me that, I'm still on season one.

    Stop now. You are gonna scream at the end. You will spray shit from your ass in rage. Just coat the wall behind your couch with fecal matter.

    sierracrest.jpg
    ·
  • DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Does somebody go out into the park and pull up the dinosaurs' skirts?Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Heath Ledger

    dfd58e54-76e3-4cca-a87e-8fabd8a8c8eb_zpscb3d0a8b.jpg
    ·
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow No guarantees. You know me better than that, Jin.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Robcham wrote: »
    The Simp-- no wait too soon

    The show has gone on for 20 seasons now.

    It was only good for eight, maybe nine, depending on who you ask.

    I think it's safe to say that since the majority is now bad, The Simpsons doesn't qualify as a "wonderful thing."

    7cA8fU3.jpg?1
    PSN: UnbreakableVow | Wii U: UnbreakableVow26
    ·
  • ZombotZombot Registered User
    edited April 2009
    The ending to BSG was fine.
    Just because the ending wasn't what you wanted, doesn't mean the ending is horse shit.

    Spoiler:
    ·
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    MHbuddies.jpg

    Mission Hill was killed off when only 6 episodes were aired on WB. Only 13 were ever finished and they were on Adult Swim and such for a while. Now on DvD...


    The show was way ahead of its time with the first animated gay male kiss in the pilot.

    Oh god mission hill was so great

    Also i'm getting this out of the way - Firefly

    ·
  • RanxRanx Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ranx wrote: »
    seriously guys the BSG ending was such horse shit

    I feel like I just wasted all those hours of my life watching it

    Don't tell me that, I'm still on season one.

    it's still for the most part a great show, and worth watching

    just, don't expect great things from the final episode

    ·
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User
    edited April 2009
    #pipe wrote: »
    The last track on the Protomen record is a big disappointment

    I pretty much stop listening after Sons of Fate
    DAMMIT PIPE

    ·
  • VorusVorus Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Clone High

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ·
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The tip of Robcham's penis.

    So many little teeth and eyes.

    ·
  • DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Mission Hill had a pretty damn good musical selection

    rqv6.png
    ·
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Robcham wrote: »
    The Simp-- no wait too soon

    The show has gone on for 20 seasons now.

    It was only good for eight, maybe nine, depending on who you ask.

    I think it's safe to say that since the majority is now bad, The Simpsons doesn't qualify as a "wonderful thing."

    that's stupid

    you're stupid

    ·
  • GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Zombot wrote: »
    The ending to BSG was fine.
    Just because the ending wasn't what you wanted, doesn't mean the ending is horse shit.

    So you're saying just because I think the ending was shit doesn't mean I should think the ending was shit?

    sierracrest.jpg
    ·
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Faricazy wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »
    The last track on the Protomen record is a big disappointment

    I pretty much stop listening after Sons of Fate
    DAMMIT PIPE

    IT'S TRUE

    ·
  • GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Deadwood.

    Poor show never got a proper ending. At least it introduced me to Ian McShane.

    sierracrest.jpg
    ·
  • britinichubritinichu Registered User
    edited April 2009
    I'll say it - X3.

    "Your telephone line has sprung up leaks from all the lies I've told."
    ·
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User
    edited April 2009
    #pipe wrote: »
    Also i'm getting this out of the way - Firefly
    PIPE WHAT THE FUCK MAN

    are you talking about serenity or just the last episodes of the show? serenity may not have been what some people wanted, but the last episode of firefly is totally rad

    ·
  • ZombotZombot Registered User
    edited April 2009
    Gafoto wrote: »
    Zombot wrote: »
    The ending to BSG was fine.
    Just because the ending wasn't what you wanted, doesn't mean the ending is horse shit.

    So you're saying just because I think the ending was shit doesn't mean I should think the ending was shit?

    Pretty much?
    You and sars already nerd raged your hatred for the ending in the BSG thread, so there really is no point in continuing this.
    I loved the ending. If you didn't, then that's your problem.

    Spoiler:
    ·
  • RanxRanx Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Zombot wrote: »
    The ending to BSG was fine.
    Just because the ending wasn't what you wanted, doesn't mean the ending is horse shit.

    dogg the things that pissed me off the most were
    Spoiler:

    ·
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Faricazy wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »
    Also i'm getting this out of the way - Firefly
    PIPE WHAT THE FUCK MAN

    are you talking about serenity or just the last episodes of the show? serenity may not have been what some people wanted, but the last episode of firefly is totally rad

    I'm not saying Serenity was bad

    I'm talking about Wash being dead.

    Firefly was great, and now Wash is dead, and that's terrible

    ·
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Because not everyone has yet seen the best episode of Mission Hill.

    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2096908497274507508&ei=IFPUSaXdLY24_AGl-_C1Aw&q=mission+hill

    ·
  • DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Does somebody go out into the park and pull up the dinosaurs' skirts?Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Gafoto wrote: »
    Deadwood.

    dfd58e54-76e3-4cca-a87e-8fabd8a8c8eb_zpscb3d0a8b.jpg
    ·
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User
    edited April 2009
    #pipe wrote: »
    Faricazy wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »
    Also i'm getting this out of the way - Firefly
    PIPE WHAT THE FUCK MAN

    are you talking about serenity or just the last episodes of the show? serenity may not have been what some people wanted, but the last episode of firefly is totally rad

    I'm not saying Serenity was bad

    I'm talking about Wash being dead.

    Firefly was great, and now Wash is dead, and that's terrible
    i thought we were rating on a badness scale and not a sadness scale

    the point is

    i need to rewatch firefly

    while cuddling with jewel staite

    ·
  • Dely AppleDely Apple Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    John from Cincinnati

    feets.jpg
    ·
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Okay... This looks bad.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Faricazy wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »
    The last track on the Protomen record is a big disappointment

    I pretty much stop listening after Sons of Fate
    DAMMIT PIPE

    It's true, Fari

    Due Vendetta isn't a bad song but putting it right after the fucking huge musical robotgasm that is Sons of Fate was a poor move

    zw3k8eu.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR
    ·
  • BrogeyBrogey High Maintenance Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited April 2009
    Ranx is soooooooooooooooooo dumb.

    Fitocracy: bogey1 Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom

    SE++ Secret Satans | Thank you post | Second!
    ·
  • TheRealBadgerTheRealBadger Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Peter Blake.

    One of the greatest yachtsmen in the world.

    Murdered by pirates.

    ·
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Fallout 3

    0BnD8l3.gif
    ·
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Okay... This looks bad.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Peter Blake.

    One of the greatest yachtsmen in the world.

    Murdered by pirates.

    Murdered by pirates is good!

    zw3k8eu.gif
    PSN: GrahamCR
    ·
  • RanxRanx Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Bogey wrote: »
    Ranx wrote: »
    having just watched the final episode of battlestar galactica and been subsequently filled with an unquenchable rage at the fact that they actually ended like they did, I began to think of other good things that have ended badly
    Glad to see you're still an idiot. :^:

    I honestly can't comprehend how anyone could have thought that a good finale

    like, I'm legitimately curious

    I guess it worked on a thematic level but, in terms of the shows own set bounds of realism it really didn't hold up

    ·
«13456746
Sign In or Register to comment.