Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[chat]on [chat]esis [chat]vangelion

_J__J_ PedantRegistered User regular
edited April 2009 in Debate and/or Discourse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymP-FHkuTvg

Fuck you. I like this song.

_J_ on
Seriously J not only are you a monumentally umpleasant person when you start uttering the nonsense that passes for philosophy in your mind (shame on whatever institution you graduated in, and shame on your tutors for creating such a monster), but your sense of humor, such as it is, is awful.

• PasserbyePasserbye The Woman Who Is Not Short at The Moonlite All-Nite Diner; a glass box full of bad food and good people.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Gim wrote: »
    There's a place where everyone can be right,
    even though you remain determined to be opposed.
    Admittance requires no qualifications,
    it's where everyone has been and where everybody goes
    :whistle:

So please try not to be impatient,
    for we all hate standing in line,
    and when the farm is good and bought,
    you'll be there without a thought,
    and eternity my friend, is a long fucking time

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Fuck the Canon in D in its stupid fucking goddamn ass

Per3th.jpg
  • HarrierHarrier Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I was just thinking that I should probably rewatch Eva

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • PasserbyePasserbye The Woman Who Is Not Short at The Moonlite All-Nite Diner; a glass box full of bad food and good people.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Oh, hey, Feral. Jona says 'hi' and sings your praises.

• SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    While I'm a big fan of NGE myself, I'm going to have to disapprove on general principle.

Oh, and Sark - Seriously, need you even ask? Green, of course. With pale skin, blue eyes, and red hair. Is there any other kind of leprechaun?

There are texture swaps.

• _J__J_ Pedant Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Elendil wrote: »

No no, my friend. Fuck you.

Seriously J not only are you a monumentally umpleasant person when you start uttering the nonsense that passes for philosophy in your mind (shame on whatever institution you graduated in, and shame on your tutors for creating such a monster), but your sense of humor, such as it is, is awful.
    edited April 2009
  • GimGim Godspeed, Floppy Tom. You must have had your reasons.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Gim wrote: »
    There's a place where everyone can be right,
    even though you remain determined to be opposed.
    Admittance requires no qualifications,
    it's where everyone has been and where everybody goes

So please try not to be impatient,
    for we all hate standing in line,
    and when the farm is good and bought,
    you'll be there without a thought,
    and eternity my friend, is a long fucking time

I used to be able to play that fairly well on bass. If I tried it now, I'd probably snap off a finger or two.

F9RE9J8.png
    edited April 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I'm going to add to this monstrosity, with this terrible thing:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3138479153104529455&ei=bVLVSb-rOpKurgKur8DkAw&q=Bohemian+Rhapsody+Evangelion&hl=en

It's Evangelion, so it's NSFW.

I hate bad AMVs.

edit: What is sad is that after I make the thread I think of a much better title / theme. :(

edited April 2009
    While I'm a big fan of NGE myself, I'm going to have to disapprove on general principle.

Oh, and Sark - Seriously, need you even ask? Green, of course. With pale skin, blue eyes, and red hair. Is there any other kind of leprechaun?

There are texture swaps.

Here's my opinion of your pickiness.

(Link'd 'cause I'm not sure if a non-detailed cartoon mooning counts as NSFW or in any other way 'inappropriate'.)

Oh, and less than a minute left. Toodles. Take care of each other.

• NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Seriously though, Canon in D is great.

Meaning once again, Elendil is wrong about almost all music.

edited April 2009
    I prefer RahXephon for my crazy God anime.

Edit: Bye.

• visiblehowlvisiblehowl Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    That AMV was the first time I ever heard Bohemian Rhapsody. Thus, whenever I heard Bohemian Rhapsody, pieces of that AMV flash through my head at certain parts.

DogSig.gif
  • StarcrossStarcross Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    _J_ wrote: »
    I'm going to add to this monstrosity, with this terrible thing:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3138479153104529455&ei=bVLVSb-rOpKurgKur8DkAw&q=Bohemian+Rhapsody+Evangelion&hl=en

It's Evangelion, so it's NSFW.

I hate bad AMVs.

edit: What is sad is that after I make the thread I think of a much better title / theme. :(

I feel that's a little like saying you dislike hot fire or wet water.

• TL DRTL DR Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Feral wrote: »
    It should be tomorrow already.

Dammit, time, why must you be so slow and lazy?

I assume my headache is interfering with spacetime.

Apologies.

eokNV.jpg
    edited April 2009

Edit: Bye.

Which I still need to watch.

edited April 2009
    Starcross wrote: »

There are...two good AMVs.

edited April 2009

Thank you.

Back when I was really into anime, RahXephon was one of my favorites. People who called it an Eva ripoff annoyed me.

It's so much better. For one thing, the main character isn't a whiny douchebag.

DogSig.gif
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Seriously though, Canon in D is great.

Meaning once again, Elendil is wrong about almost all music.
    No, seriously. Fucking terrible.

There's too much great classical music for that fucking thing to be lionized.

Per3th.jpg
    edited April 2009
    This is the other good AMV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQw05e26I-k

edited April 2009
    Also I just had some coffee and doughnuts. I think this single-handedly turned my day around for the better.

edited April 2009
    I believe this is obligatory at this stage of the conversation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM

DogSig.gif
  • GimGim Godspeed, Floppy Tom. You must have had your reasons.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    That AMV was the first time I ever heard Bohemian Rhapsody. Thus, whenever I heard Bohemian Rhapsody, pieces of that AMV flash through my head at certain parts.

The first time I ever heard Bohemian Rhapsody was the Weird Al version. To this day, I still sing it about 2 times faster than it actually is.

Oh, the beautiful humanity!

F9RE9J8.png
    edited April 2009
    I nap now.

Woo nap.

Because if I stay awake then I have to write a shitty paper about stupid shit.

Nap, [chat]

• yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So. Idea.

A repurposed ice cream truck that goes around in the winter selling cups of hot chocolate, coffee, warm cookies, and so on. Good idea or bad idea?

edited April 2009
    Wait, did the recent cig tax hike affect cigars and cigarillos as well?

eokNV.jpg
    edited April 2009
    yalborap wrote: »
    So. Idea.

A repurposed ice cream truck that goes around in the winter selling cups of hot chocolate, coffee, warm cookies, and so on. Good idea or bad idea?

People are not apt to be frolicking in the streets and available to consume your product.

eokNV.jpg
  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    yalborap wrote: »
    So. Idea.

People are not apt to be frolicking in the streets and available to consume your product.

People rapidly exit their homes to acquire frozen treats when the ice cream man comes by here.

To be fair, it's an almost cliche cul-de-sac.

• ElldrenElldren 3067-6294-6208Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Elendil wrote: »

I am late in saying this, but <3

And where is Thanatos so he can see this abortion and note that I had nothing to do with it?

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Damn you, NOTD.

RonaldoTheGypsy.png
    edited April 2009

Thank you.

Back when I was really into anime, RahXephon was one of my favorites. People who called it an Eva ripoff annoyed me.

Yeah.

And it made better sense.

Movie is awful, though.

edited April 2009
    _J_ wrote: »
    Starcross wrote: »

There are...two good AMVs.

There are a few more than that.

I could probably find about a dozen or so that I really liked.

But yes, most are utter fanboy trash and incredibly amateurish.

I don't see the hate for all AMVs, though. Maybe it's because the field is so full of horrible ones. But when you run into a good one, it's basically a song you like + pretty pictures.

edited April 2009

Thank you.

Yeah.

Movie is awful, though.
    Never saw the movie.

I watched the anime, and then a couple years later I read the first volume of the manga (which is very different) and it explained a LOT.

I should watch it again. The animation and art was fucking amazing. Plus the music.

DogSig.gif
    edited April 2009

It's my favorite song. But, yes, he's right.

edited April 2009

"It's probably Johann. They're all named Johann!"

F9RE9J8.png
    edited April 2009

Thank you.

Yeah.

Movie is awful, though.
    Never saw the movie.

I watched the anime, and then a couple years later I read the first volume of the manga (which is very different) and it explained a LOT.

I should watch it again. The animation and art was fucking amazing. Plus the music.

Oh yes, the music was wonderful, another reason why I prefer it.

The movie was just clips from the series with some new clips added and parts of the story changed for no reason.

• ElldrenElldren 3067-6294-6208Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yes the music in RahXephon was great. I never saw the whole series though

edited April 2009
    The movie was just clips from the series with some new clips added and parts of the story changed for no reason.

This is exactly like one of the NGE movies. (Though I don't think they changed the story in that one)

edited April 2009
    Elldren wrote: »
    Yes the music in RahXephon was great. I never saw the whole series though

You definitely should. It turns kind of insane in the last episode, where the rest of the series is actually pretty tame.

Now I want to rewatch it.

This discussion has been closed.