Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

XBox 360 issues

MundaneSoulMundaneSoul Registered User
edited April 2009 in Games and Technology
So I've been having some pretty annoying issues with my 360. It seems to be having difficulty loading audio, and occasionally just loading in general. In a lot of games it will come to a screeching halt when the game tries to load certain audio (usually voice) files, then start spinning the disc again and I'll finally get the audio 10-30 seconds after I was supposed to. Background music will often cut out momentarily while the 360 struggles to keep it going. Also, every once in a while I get a "disc is unreadable" error when this happens and it can't get going again.

Is there a solution to this that doesn't involve having it fixed/replaced? And if not, what are my options?

Thanks all.

MundaneSoul on
Reginald wrote: »
Heavy Rain is what Martin Scorsese would see if he played Katamari Damacy.

Score: 8 out of a possible bacon.

• greeblegreeble Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Try a cleaning disc, perhaps its just a dirty lens. (either that or your dvd drive is dying)

PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
  • mspencermspencer Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, if a cleaning disk doesn't fix the problem, and next chance you get you buy a factory new disk, handle it very carefully when inserting it into the 360, and after a couple days of playing (never removing that disk from the drive) you still have read errors, your 360 is due for a vacation in Microsoft's luxurious Mexican repair facility. It'll come back refreshed and happy.

MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )