As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

EMT-B State Licensing

XegoXego Registered User regular
edited April 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Well I'm a week and a half away from my EMT-B test and I need help studying. I can't seem to find anything online that's free so I'm stuck to basically just going back through my textbook. I have all my states skill sheets so I'm not really worried about the practicals. I am worried however about the written. I finished my course back in December and haven't been able to get a test site till now. I have been working as an EMT, but in an occupational medicine office and not in the ER or anything, so I've forgotten things (I think?). Anyways, anyone here have recommendations on what to focus on while studying, or other methods than just rereading the book? (If it helps I'm in NM, don't know if it makes a difference in testing.)

Xego on

• Options
    NorthGuardNorthGuard Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm an EMR in Alberta, which is more or less the same thing... without knowing your specific scope of practice, all I could really recommend would be doing scenarios over and over again to make absolutely certain that you have your skills down. Do the first few runs with a checklist for reference, then do it without. Helps if you have a brutal nitpicking arsehole of a friend to do this with.

You might also try calling around to a few schools, and asking the instructors what the NM licensing authority is concentrating on as far as book learnin' goes... the way I studied for the provincial (written) exam was making notes from the text book for each chapter, going through and revising those notes to make them efficient, then copying them over and over again - basically, rote memorization.

NorthGuard on