Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Protean [chat]

1246751

Posts

  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    It's really weird when girls who are so attractive as to have artists use them as models for photography and even sculpture and who get more marriage proposals than most women get hit on start getting jealous over another girl's looks.

    It's like Aphrodite being jealous of Venus.

    Dunno, is it strange that someone who probably defines themselves in a great deal by their looks is jealous when somebody else is complimented on their looks?

    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Tav wrote: »
    I went do see the Bodies exhibit today. It's a show of autopsyed bodies showing the different parts of your body. It was done by that German guy who did the live autopsys on Channel 4 a few years back.

    It was spectacular.

    Body Worlds, right? I want to see that.

    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch, man" fallacy.
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm back.

    So, is this new [chat] as awesome as the previous one?

    RichyFlag.gifsig.gif
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    make better friends

    or worse friends I'm not sure how this works
    I don't think I could be friends with someone just for the 'hookups' as it were

    mutual exchange of benefits is the reason you HAVE friends hakks.

    I know hakks likes to be the virgin whore of the chat thread, but I almost get the impression she doesn't particularly want throwaway sex.

  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    It's really weird when girls who are so attractive as to have artists use them as models for photography and even sculpture and who get more marriage proposals than most women get hit on start getting jealous over another girl's looks.

    It's like Aphrodite being jealous of Venus.

    I can kind of understand what you're saying, but for some reason the sentences don't line up right in my head.
    It's very poorly constructed

    Per3th.jpg
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    It's really weird when girls who are so attractive as to have artists use them as models for photography and even sculpture and who get more marriage proposals than most women get hit on start getting jealous over another girl's looks.

    It's like Aphrodite being jealous of Venus.
    hai guess wut

    girls get conflicting views on beauty and it makes them very insecure

    oh noz

    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    okay, don't ask friends, ask acquaintances

    everyone has acquaintances at school, like, many many many of them

    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar | 3DS: 3110-5421-3843 |
  • ElldrenElldren 3067-6294-6208Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    bluh

    goddamnit bluh.

  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Well games suffer from the idea that the hero has to have no story defining them since the player is supposed to be "assuming" that role. And thats total bullshit. Max Payne 2 was one of my favorite games because I connected with Max.

    Yeah, they spend too much time focusing on choose-your-own-adventure and lose the chance to tell a really great story with the RIGHT choices.
    Of course, you can tilt too far in that direction too and lose the advantages of the medium.

    See: Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid series

    "Despite all the bitching, if Diablo 3 sucks, I will eat my own cock. Counter-claim: If Diablo 3 does not suck, I will have a list of whiners who need to eat cocks." - Zen Vulgarity
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Richy wrote: »
    I'm back.

    So, is this new [chat] as awesome as the previous one?
    Yes because I made it

    Per3th.jpg
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS
    edited April 2009
    Pretty sure Aphrodite and Venus are the same goddess, Jucar.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Coldred wrote: »
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Hey it's Coldred.

    The sodomee who is never around!

    :P

    I'm around.
    Spoiler:

    I've just been in the US the past few weeks.

    How's the US treating you?

    You in prison yet?

  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Elldren wrote: »
    bluh

    goddamnit bluh.

    ?

    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch, man" fallacy.
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar QA Tester -> Game Producer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    I can kind of understand what you're saying, but for some reason the sentences don't line up right in my head.

    Cindy Crawford getting upset because of Angelina Jolie or something like that.

    freefallagentad_zps635a83ed.png
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Well games suffer from the idea that the hero has to have no story defining them since the player is supposed to be "assuming" that role. And thats total bullshit. Max Payne 2 was one of my favorite games because I connected with Max.

    Yeah, they spend too much time focusing on choose-your-own-adventure and lose the chance to tell a really great story with the RIGHT choices.

    I'm a big fan of the "option A: eat the nun's heart; option B: donate your castle to orphanage" dilemma. And by "big fan" I mean "FILLED WITH UNENDING NERD RAGE HATRED!"

    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • ElldrenElldren 3067-6294-6208Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Feral wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    bluh

    goddamnit bluh.

    ?

    I now feel depressed and have a headache and god how does anyone hang pictures :x

  • TavTav Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    I went do see the Bodies exhibit today. It's a show of autopsyed bodies showing the different parts of your body. It was done by that German guy who did the live autopsys on Channel 4 a few years back.

    It was spectacular.

    Isn't that the one where they used executed chinese prisoners for the exhibit?

    Nah, it was unclaimed chinese peasants who died in some natural disaster iirc.

    pics from the internet! probably nsfw
    Spoiler:

  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Elendil wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »
    I'm back.

    So, is this new [chat] as awesome as the previous one?
    Yes because I made it
    OP does not deliver.

    RichyFlag.gifsig.gif
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I am yet unsatisfied with this [chat] theme

    Per3th.jpg
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Richy wrote: »
    I'm back.

    So, is this new [chat] as awesome as the previous one?

    Nay we have devolved past the devine sexual thread into a boring one.

  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Tav wrote: »
    I'm the same age and can drink whenever I want.

    Except I never want to.
    It's not about drinking, it's about going to bars. I just want to be able to get in, I won't even drink. For socializing and shit. [tiny]

    and hanging out with mike[/tiny]

    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar QA Tester -> Game Producer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    hai guess wut

    girls get conflicting views on beauty and it makes them very insecure

    oh noz

    Insecurity is annoying and confusing.

    Goddammit ladies don't argue with me when I call you beautiful I don't lie.

    freefallagentad_zps635a83ed.png
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Elendil wrote: »
    I am yet unsatisfied with this [chat] theme

    You can't get no

    Sat

    Is

    Fach

    Shun

    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • ElldrenElldren 3067-6294-6208Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Richy wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »
    I'm back.

    So, is this new [chat] as awesome as the previous one?
    Yes because I made it
    OP does not deliver.

    Oh that is baaad

  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Basically I wantto know if I can/should play 2 without having played 1

    In some ways it might be better, they're both solid games (assuming you like their style and genre) but going from one 80 hour epic SRPG weird demonic anime number grind to a second 80 hour epic SRPG weird demonic anime number grind might be... umm... taxing.

    You'll miss the context of a handful of cameos and inside jokes, but not so much that you can't understand them at all.

    Also if you just want to do the story missions for Disgea 1 you could probably get through them in a day or two.

  • IncenjucarIncenjucar QA Tester -> Game Producer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Res wrote: »
    Pretty sure Aphrodite and Venus are the same goddess, Jucar.

    Imagined by two different cultures, yes.

    freefallagentad_zps635a83ed.png
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    ugh

    good [strike]morning[/strike] afternoon

  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    tell mike to buy you a fake ID as a gift

    that'd be a sweet gift

    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar | 3DS: 3110-5421-3843 |
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    I'm the same age and can drink whenever I want.

    Except I never want to.
    It's not about drinking, it's about going to bars. I just want to be able to get in, I won't even drink. For socializing and shit. [tiny]

    and hanging out with mike[/tiny]

    You'll have to find you unwitting victims on craigslist for now

  • ResRes __BANNED USERS
    edited April 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    I'm the same age and can drink whenever I want.

    Except I never want to.
    It's not about drinking, it's about going to bars. I just want to be able to get in, I won't even drink. For socializing and shit. [tiny]

    and hanging out with mike[/tiny]

    In that case you can just sneak in. Fire regulations and all that.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    make better friends

    or worse friends I'm not sure how this works
    I don't think I could be friends with someone just for the 'hookups' as it were

    mutual exchange of benefits is the reason you HAVE friends hakks.

    I know hakks likes to be the virgin whore of the chat thread, but I almost get the impression she doesn't particularly want throwaway sex.
    :|

    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It never ceases to amaze me how much shit Jeffe gives Obs the pass on.

    I think he must be like Jeffe's heavily autistic cousin or something. And whenever Obs gets temp banned he spends the entire two weeks bitching at their mutual relatives.

    In the last few pages of the gay marriage thread, as I see it, Obs was consistently wrong but never an asshole. Whereas the people who got infracted were being pretty dickish.

    sig.gif
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I can kind of understand what you're saying, but for some reason the sentences don't line up right in my head.

    Cindy Crawford getting upset because of Angelina Jolie or something like that.

    Women tend to be the harshest critics of other women. If only because they can see past "holy shit she has huge boobs"

  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Bama wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Well games suffer from the idea that the hero has to have no story defining them since the player is supposed to be "assuming" that role. And thats total bullshit. Max Payne 2 was one of my favorite games because I connected with Max.

    Yeah, they spend too much time focusing on choose-your-own-adventure and lose the chance to tell a really great story with the RIGHT choices.
    Of course, you can tilt too far in that direction too and lose the advantages of the medium.

    See: Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid series

    Final Fantasy 10 was the worst for this. Just cut out the hours of pointless random battles and send me the plot summary. Because absolutely nothing I do with the controller is going to have any impact on the slightest detail of what is happening.

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    :|

    Wasn't meant to be insulting Hakks, just saying you portray yourself as a sex crazed woman at times, but I got the impression you wanted a stable relationship more than anything.

  • LudiousLudious It's hard out here for a conservative bronyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    make better friends

    or worse friends I'm not sure how this works
    I don't think I could be friends with someone just for the 'hookups' as it were

    mutual exchange of benefits is the reason you HAVE friends hakks.

    I know hakks likes to be the virgin whore of the chat thread, but I almost get the impression she doesn't particularly want throwaway sex.

    wait what? I'm talking about friends.

    I took "hookups" to mean like, your friend giving you free food because they work at subway etc.

  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Elldren wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »
    I'm back.

    So, is this new [chat] as awesome as the previous one?
    Yes because I made it
    OP does not deliver.

    Oh that is baaad
    Also, the names "Elendil" and "Elldren" are too similar. It's confusing. I recommend we merge them into a single forumer.

    RichyFlag.gifsig.gif
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Tav wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    I went do see the Bodies exhibit today. It's a show of autopsyed bodies showing the different parts of your body. It was done by that German guy who did the live autopsys on Channel 4 a few years back.

    It was spectacular.

    Isn't that the one where they used executed chinese prisoners for the exhibit?

    Nah, it was unclaimed chinese peasants who died in some natural disaster iirc.

    pics from the internet! probably nsfw
    Spoiler:

    A circulatory system is seen out by a security fence.

    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch, man" fallacy.
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    But seriously, pretending to understand fantasy and scifi?

    Oh, because it's so fucking hard to understand those concepts

    Jesus christ.
    Just let it go. This is like trying to convince Obs he's an asshole for his views on gay marriage.

    Wow that's not a fair comparison at all. That's borderline godwining.

    Ehhh... it's pretty fair. You're wrong, he's wrong, both of you pull this "I don't care that everybody disagrees with me, I'm going to hold this opinion and you all should be okay with it" argument. The only difference is the incorrect view you hold, which in this case is secondary to the manner in which you hold and defend it.

    sig.gif
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Basically I wantto know if I can/should play 2 without having played 1

    In some ways it might be better, they're both solid games (assuming you like their style and genre) but going from one 80 hour epic SRPG weird demonic anime number grind to a second 80 hour epic SRPG weird demonic anime number grind might be... umm... taxing.

    You'll miss the context of a handful of cameos and inside jokes, but not so much that you can't understand them at all.

    Also if you just want to do the story missions for Disgea 1 you could probably get through them in a day or two.

    Playing Disgaea without obsessive number crunching stupid grinding deity-killing is playing it wrong. It would be like playing Fallout without shooting everybody in the face: Sure, you can do it, but why not go read a book or hit your hand with a hammer or something instead?

    Two goats enter, one car leaves
This discussion has been closed.