As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Protean [chat]

• BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Feral wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    I went do see the Bodies exhibit today. It's a show of autopsyed bodies showing the different parts of your body. It was done by that German guy who did the live autopsys on Channel 4 a few years back.

It was spectacular.

Isn't that the one where they used executed chinese prisoners for the exhibit?

Nah, it was unclaimed chinese peasants who died in some natural disaster iirc.

pics from the internet! probably nsfw
    A dudes series of blood vessels
    bodies.jpg

the thinker
    bde.jpg

A duder high-fiving himself
    Bodies20_resize.jpg

A circulatory system is seen out by a security fence.
    A blue dong is seen in the cafeteria.

Bama on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    make better friends

or worse friends I'm not sure how this works
    I don't think I could be friends with someone just for the 'hookups' as it were

mutual exchange of benefits is the reason you HAVE friends hakks.

I know hakks likes to be the virgin whore of the chat thread, but I almost get the impression she doesn't particularly want throwaway sex.

wait what? I'm talking about friends.
    You can have sex with people and still be friends with them.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Richy wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    I'm back.

So, is this new [chat] as awesome as the previous one?
    Yes because I made it
    OP does not deliver.

Oh that is baaad
    Also, the names "Elendil" and "Elldren" are too similar. It's confusing. I recommend we merge them into a single forumer.

:winky:

Cinders on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Women tend to be the harshest critics of other women. If only because they can see past "holy shit she has huge boobs"

Actually in this case I think half of it is the huge boobs.

But I reverse trends more often than not so that's not very surprising.

Incenjucar on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    If Elendil and Elldren "merge," can I watch?

or "watch?"

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    make better friends

or worse friends I'm not sure how this works
    I don't think I could be friends with someone just for the 'hookups' as it were

mutual exchange of benefits is the reason you HAVE friends hakks.

I know hakks likes to be the virgin whore of the chat thread, but I almost get the impression she doesn't particularly want throwaway sex.

You can have sex with people and still be friends with them.

But I wasn't talking about sex at all is my point. See my edit.

Ludious on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm back.

Yes because I made it
    OP does not deliver.

Oh that is baaad
    Also, the names "Elendil" and "Elldren" are too similar. It's confusing. I recommend we merge them into a single forumer.
    Elldrendil?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    :|

Wasn't meant to be insulting Hakks, just saying you portray yourself as a sex crazed woman at times, but I got the impression you wanted a stable relationship more than anything.
    yeah as a joke...like most everyone else here...

I took "hookups" to mean like, your friend giving you free food because they work at subway etc.

this is what i meant

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Women tend to be the harshest critics of other women. If only because they can see past "holy shit she has huge boobs"

Hmm so one chick only has one huge boob? Hear that Hakks you're not alone.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Cinders wrote: »
    I'm back.

Yes because I made it
    OP does not deliver.

Oh that is baaad

no.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited April 2009
    Ehhh... it's pretty fair. You're wrong, he's wrong, both of you pull this "I don't care that everybody disagrees with me, I'm going to hold this opinion and you all should be okay with it" argument. The only difference is the incorrect view you hold, which in this case is secondary to the manner in which you hold and defend it.

The fact that I actually understand the fantasy/sci-fi thing is the main reason I stay the hell away from that damned thread.

I bet the uncanny hasn't even been mentioned.

Incenjucar on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    :|

Wasn't meant to be insulting Hakks, just saying you portray yourself as a sex crazed woman at times, but I got the impression you wanted a stable relationship more than anything.
    yeah as a joke...like most everyone else here...

I took "hookups" to mean like, your friend giving you free food because they work at subway etc.

this is what i meant

and I'm saying that's the whole reason to have friends. You both get something out of the deal, whether it be emotionally, or you know subway and fake id's.

Ludious on
    edited April 2009

Hmm so one chick only has one huge boob? Hear that Hakks you're not alone.

Her name is Dot.

Incenjucar on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Now I'm much more satisfied

And so is Richy

Elendil on
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    I have finally gotten my hair to just the right length for a rockin' mod style.

It's going to suck when I cut it all off.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009
    Cinders wrote: »
    I'm back.

Yes because I made it
    OP does not deliver.

Oh that is baaad

no.
    You could at least entertain the idea

Elendil on
    edited April 2009
    It never ceases to amaze me how much shit Jeffe gives Obs the pass on.

I think he must be like Jeffe's heavily autistic cousin or something. And whenever Obs gets temp banned he spends the entire two weeks bitching at their mutual relatives.

In the last few pages of the gay marriage thread, as I see it, Obs was consistently wrong but never an asshole. Whereas the people who got infracted were being pretty dickish.

It's ok if you couch your dickery in an egregiously bad argument, then.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited April 2009

and I'm saying that's the whole reason to have friends. You both get something out of the deal, whether it be emotionally, or you know subway and fake id's.

I'm supposed to be exploiting my friends for personal gain? Shit all along I was friends with people for fear of being alone. OH HOW WRONG I WAS!

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

Uncanny is a great word. One of my favorite lines from Terry Pratchett is something to the effect of "I trust you will make sure this endeavor remains firmly within the realms of the cult, the canny, and the scrutable."

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
    edited April 2009
    Now I'm much more satisfied

And so is Richy
    Meh. It was ok.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited April 2009

I'm supposed to be exploiting my friends for personal gain? Shit all along I was friends with people for fear of being alone. OH HOW WRONG I WAS!

You don't exploit them, they get something out of it too. This exchange can be purely emotional.

Ludious on
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

I think he must be like Jeffe's heavily autistic cousin or something. And whenever Obs gets temp banned he spends the entire two weeks bitching at their mutual relatives.

In the last few pages of the gay marriage thread, as I see it, Obs was consistently wrong but never an asshole. Whereas the people who got infracted were being pretty dickish.

Sorry, I'd love to respond but I don't follow you. Are you saying Obs is a dick but is couching his dickery in an egregiously bad argument? Serious question.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
    edited April 2009
    I find the idea of becoming friends with someone purely for material benefits to be pretty shallow and exploitative

call me a straight edge if you will but I don't really fly that route

Hakkekage on
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Is the OP a blurry photo of Elendil or Richy? I'm not sure I get it.

James on
    edited April 2009

Uncanny is a great word. One of my favorite lines from Terry Pratchett is something to the effect of "I trust you will make sure this endeavor remains firmly within the realms of the cult, the canny, and the scrutable."

I actually took an entire graduate-level class on the uncanny. Interesting stuff.

Incenjucar on
    edited April 2009
    You people have sick minds. I wasn't talking about sex between Elendil and Elldren at all. I was thinking simply about fusing them into a single individual. Something like this:

transformers.jpg

Nothing as sick and perverted as sex. Just a simple abomination against nature.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited April 2009

:^:

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
    edited April 2009
    I find the idea of becoming friends with someone purely for material benefits to be pretty shallow and exploitative

That works just fine until you get into the business world.

Ludious on
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

You don't exploit them, they get something out of it too. This exchange can be purely emotional.

Yes. For example, they clean my bathroom and I don't hit them with the hose again. Mutually beneficial exchange.

PotatoNinja on
    Two goats enter, one car leaves
    edited April 2009

Sorry, I'd love to respond but I don't follow you. Are you saying Obs is a dick but is couching his dickery in an egregiously bad argument? Serious question.

Yes, it appears that is precisely what he is doing.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited April 2009
    James wrote: »

I am sure I do not get it but why is the photo blurry it makes things lame.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
    edited April 2009
    Arguing against gay marriage is functionally indistinguishable from being a dick

Because arguing against gay marriage makes you a dick

Elendil on
    edited April 2009

Some people mistake something they disagree with, with something that is infractable.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited April 2009

"Friend" is one of those words that means different things to different people.

Incenjucar on
    edited April 2009

Oh fuck you Elendil.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited April 2009

I am sure I do not get it but why is the photo blurry it makes things lame.
    You philistines

This picture has history

Elendil on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Res wrote: »
    I have finally gotten my hair to just the right length for a rockin' mod style.

It's going to suck when I cut it all off.

what's a mod style?

Tav on
    edited April 2009
    You people have sick minds. I wasn't talking about sex between Elendil and Elldren at all. I was thinking simply about fusing them into a single individual. Something like this:

transformers.jpg

Nothing as sick and perverted as sex. Just a simple abomination against nature.

I know for a fact that merging is a kink.

I really wish I didn't.

Incenjucar on
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

This isn't sour grapes or anything here. I haven't posted in (let alone got infracted in) the thread in question. But when someone with Obs history busts in with such an obvious series of trolls - like he always does - and gets away with it for the Nth time it is a bit frustrating to watch.

This is all he does in D&D. Pick a thread and post an inflammatory 1 liner. Usually it is only tangentially related to the topic at hand. If he gets ignored the first time he keeps coming back with these non-sequiturs until someone bites. Then the thread is pretty much off topic and pointless for at least 3-4 pages.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    edited April 2009

That works just fine until you get into the business world.
    Well you just showed me one of the lovely benefits of being 18, I've got time to hang on to my idealistic naivete for just a little bit longer

Hakkekage on
This discussion has been closed.