As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WAR] Land of the Dead Beckons Us! (Resubscribe NOW!)

• Options
    HavelockHavelock Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Havelock wrote: »

Its the Unstoppa-... I mean, The Spirit of Grungni 2!

That was one of the better parts of that book.

"what happened to the UNSINKABLE? Where is it now?"

there was a brief embarrassed silence from the dwarfs.

"errr.....it sank" Varek said eventually

"hit a rock on its first trip out" Snorri added

"some people claim the boiler exploded" Varek said

"lost with all hands" Snorri added with the almost happy expression with which dwarfs always seemed to confront the worst news.

"except Makaisson. He was picked up later by a human ship. He was thrown clear by the explosion and clung to a wooden spar"

Havelock on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    McCow42 wrote: »
    Archonex wrote: »
    Was Ostermark merged with another server? I just resubbed today, and it says the server was merged, but I can still log in through accessing the characters on Ostermark. There's absolutely no indication what server it was merged with, too.

Ostermark was merged with Phoenix Throne and Vortex. Most went to PT (except my guild, cause we are crazy like that.)

If you have toons on Ostermark and PT you could move the ones off of PT to Vortex free of charge prior to moving your toons from Ostermark. I'm not sure if this option is still available to you though. Might have been a limited time offer.

I was going to move my fledgling WH off of PT and go Destro, but I'll just can his ass. It's not like I've logged him at all or anything. I can just start afresh on some other server where PA Order is abundant.

How many PA folk are on Dark Crag, by the way? I'm starting to grow weary of PUGs in scenarios and rvr WBs. I crave a WB that can do other tactics outside of zerging.

Is that asking for too much?
    My main is a R29 Black Guard on DC.

Just joining a premade can really do wonders, but there are a ton of idiots on this server.

Son, you ain't whistling dixie.

Havelock on
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I like the part where Gotrek remarks on the fact that the greatest tightfist in the empire was bankrolling an expedition into the wastes that would utilize a flying machine built by a well-documented maniac.

And then he decided that he wants to go.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    hazywaterhazywater Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    That looks like the flight master area in Altdorf and the IC.

Man, I haven't been to those in forever. Why would you when you can port right to the guildhall?

hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    hazywater wrote: »

Man, I haven't been to those in forever. Why would you when you can port right to the guildhall?

Because some of us are guildless wretches.

Also if they updated the flight master to look like that, that's awesome. It makes more sense riding in one of those to Altdorf or the IC than on a Wyrven or a Dwarf...thing that's powered by Ale.

Havelock on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    hazywater wrote: »

Because some of us are guildless wretches.

Also if they updated the flight master to look like that, that's awesome. It makes more sense riding in one of those to Altdorf or the IC than on a Wyrven or a Dwarf...thing that's powered by Ale.

uh no, the gyrocopters will still be there for you to..... enjoy.

hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2009
    I really want to know the mentality of the average pug tank. Either Guard is not on me or is on me when I'm clearly in no danger. It's not a click and forget move, you bastards.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'd want that as a title: Powered by Ale.

It sounds sufficiently epic.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    McCow42McCow42 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    I really want to know the mentality of the average pug tank. Either Guard is not on me or is on me when I'm clearly in no danger. It's not a click and forget move, you bastards.

Closest target -> engage dps mode.

hur hur hur

McCow42 on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    It takes 1 gcd to turn it off and 1 gcd to put on someone else and it only works on your own group. I do not know the names of everyone in a PUG and I am often better served by putting it on someone who I think will get in trouble eventually than I am looking up to see if this guy who is about to be reamed is in my group or not. It also better to click and forget than it is to watch my group healthbars, put it on someone and then try to find them so I can get within 30 feet.

Guard is really a buddy move. You put it on your buddy and you stay near them. It is a very poor reactive ability if you lack a well-defined premade with ventrilo coordination. If you need to save someone, reactively, its better to use Challenge and CC.

hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    McCow42 wrote: »

Closest target -> engage dps mode.

hur hur hur

Also, priority targets:

Other tanks > Healers

I've yet to see a tank break from the mold on DC and go after a squishy, unless that squishy runs right at them. They have the attention span of a cocker spaniel, and the intelligence to boot. With few exceptions.

Edit* I didn't want to lump any good tanks in with the bad, I know you guys are out there, I just hardly see you. Just like the Sasquatch.

Havelock on
  • Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

So they do exist!

One of the fellow guildies pointed out the destro airship flying around black crag the other night, though I could only get a quick glimpse before it would pop back behind the mountains.

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Avynte wrote: »

So they do exist!

One of the fellow guildies pointed out the destro airship flying around black crag the other night, though I could only get a quick glimpse before it would pop back behind the mountains.

Well damn, now I'm going to have to keep my eyes open for this shit.

Havelock on
  • Options
    Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    So there is an active Destro guild on PT? I asked a few pages back, but didn't get an answer, but I seem to see a lot of people playing on PT.

We're definitely looking to start one, have about 2-4 people I know of right now

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    So there is an active Destro guild on PT? I asked a few pages back, but didn't get an answer, but I seem to see a lot of people playing on PT.

We're definitely looking to start one, have about 2-4 people I know of right now

I play on PT destro side as well.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I will be playing PT destro side, so count me in.

Havelock on
  • Options
    LilithiumLilithium __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    I tried playing last night on my Witch Hunter, but I was getting a shitty response from my abilities. Are the servers doing sorta bad right now?

Lilithium on
    What's that ringing? Ting-ting-a-linging in my head~? Oh, you're always there, making me whole. You're always waiting up for me. You're my first kiss, ever so pure, and ever so defiling, once lost, can never be the same. Fuck me. Violate me. Deny me.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Lilithium wrote: »
    I tried playing last night on my Witch Hunter, but I was getting a shitty response from my abilities. Are the servers doing sorta bad right now?

Well they did pull PT, Dark Crag, and the one that starts with a V yesterday because of 10 to 15s lag or something. They were off line for a little bit...

My Sorc on Dark Crag was doing kinda shitty with rolling through his spells until after the fix, and then I was able to chain my spells without a whole lot of delay and decimate shit. It was good times.

What server is your WH on?

Havelock on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Feldorn wrote: »
    and for white lions out there, how is the pet now? i lvled mine to 23, and for the most part i felt the character was just fine (though i would have liked some utility moves not linked to the pet, at least a spec knockdown.) but the pet was sorely lacking.

At 40 with full Hunter spec (which gives 50% of bonus from equipment to Strength, Toughness, Wounds and Weapon Skill) I'm now able to do about the same or a little more DPS with a pet as I was by going loner. The pets survivability still isn't amazing but it nows seems good enough that it's not going to get dropped by incidental damage in small skirmishes unless someone decides to actually target it and kill it.

Basically it seems practical now to run with a pet and by going with either Axeman (Trained to Threaten 100% toughness/wounds) or Guardian (Trained to Kill 100% Strength/Weapon Skill) it looks like we may have some interesting builds possible.

Personally I'm going to stay Hunter until I can wear full conq and then start playing around with builds.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    What i don't like about hunter stance is that it adds next to nothing to the character. also, i've heard that Pack Hunting isn't working. has this been fixed?

Feldorn on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Well they did pull PT, Dark Crag, and the one that starts with a V yesterday because of 10 to 15s lag or something. They were off line for a little bit...

My Sorc on Dark Crag was doing kinda shitty with rolling through his spells until after the fix, and then I was able to chain my spells without a whole lot of delay and decimate shit. It was good times.

Badlands, and I hate it there, but the Candymancers are so <3.

Lilithium on
    What's that ringing? Ting-ting-a-linging in my head~? Oh, you're always there, making me whole. You're always waiting up for me. You're my first kiss, ever so pure, and ever so defiling, once lost, can never be the same. Fuck me. Violate me. Deny me.
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Eh? what's wrong with Badlands?

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Eh? what's wrong with Badlands?
    The public channels, and I can really never find anyone interested in doing PQs with me. I know a member of Candymancers was awesome and helped me on my White Lion, so it wasn't all that bad, but yeah, I couldn't find anyone to do things with.

What's this stuff on Phoenix Throne, then?

Lilithium on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Honestly, you will have the same problem on nearly any other server. With the exception of the most zerged servers like Dark Crag or PT, most mature servers have most of their population in T4 already. There was another wave when the slayer/choppa hit, but for the most part this is the case.

Of course, time of day matters as well. In any case, have you tried doing the easy PQ's?

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Honestly, you will have the same problem on nearly any other server. With the exception of the most zerged servers like Dark Crag or PT, most mature servers have most of their population in T4 already. There was another wave when the slayer/choppa hit, but for the most part this is the case.

Of course, time of day matters as well. In any case, have you tried doing the easy PQ's?

What are the easy PQs? I mean, I've done most of the ones for Empire in Nordland, a couple ones for Chaos in Nordland, and I did the High Elf one with the three-headed dragon that's offered. I think it's called House Arkenth.

Lilithium on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    If you open your map, and mouse over the "treasure chest" Icons on the map, they will tell you what that PQ is, and what difficulty they are. You could probably do nearly all of a "easy" PQ solo, with varying mileage for the normal and hard PQ's.

Each chapter usually has one of each.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I see, well, I will look into those. What's this stuff on Phoenix Throne? Do they roleplay or something?

Lilithium on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    fucking stupid asshole destro in scenarios are totally confused whenever an objective is "do something other than standing around picking your asshole." what is so hard about bringing the bomb to a place before you can try and cap it? why is fighting over the middle so fucking awesome when it doesn't give us shit?

god dammit PT

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    tyrannus wrote: »
    fucking stupid asshole destro in scenarios are totally confused whenever an objective is "do something other than standing around picking your asshole." what is so hard about bringing the bomb to a place before you can try and cap it? why is fighting over the middle so fucking awesome when it doesn't give us shit?

god dammit PT

Yeah, I know how you feel. x_x

Lilithium on
  • Options
    SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Order seems alright on PT, me and my friend are just about in T3, 20-21ish, whats your guys name/guild Tyrannus?

Sonork on
  • Options
    Trevor GoodchildTrevor Goodchild Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I thought they fixed the Tor Anroc lava snare bullshit? I keep getting double snared and have to try to snail my way out of the lava.

Trevor Goodchild on
  • Options
    bookworm13bookworm13 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So this whole RVR quartermaster dealy. I've only played one night but to me its not going to do any more good than the broken contribution system. Why? Because you have to roll for the medallions. I spent a good hour and a half of taking keeps and BOs and lot of skirmishing inbetween. At the end I only had the two medallions I was automatically awarded for taking a keep despite rolling need on all medallion loot (as did everyone else in the wb).

So instead of losing on a random roll disguised as contribution, I'll be losing on a openly random roll against 24 other people. No difference really. I haven't checked the actual cost of items but I find it highly unlikely that I'll be able to buy anything with just the occasional token keep take medallions.

What would have been much more satisfying to me is if they would just put in a damn PASS option for the PQ reward roll for a keep take (and standard PQs). Sometimes I've hesistated coming in towards the end of a keep siege because I didn't want to steal the loot from people who had been there from the beginning.

Not only that but the influence reward change meant that I earned less than before because all the Destro had holed up in one keep and defended it very well, preventing us from locking the zone. I'm all for fighting against a player defense but I think its even less likely we'll see zone locks (at least in T2 and T3). Net result, less inf earned for everyone.

Truthfully though, I was just damn glad to find some Destro to skirmish with instead of another boring round of PvE objectives.

bookworm13 on
  • Options
    Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    List your main PC name if you're destro on PT and we'll get together and form something

I'm Ultramarine, 22/22

Tyrannus is Ect 30, with a lvl 13 sorc alt

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    getting medallions from player kills is the slowest possible way to get them.

hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
  • Options
    FrontierPsychiatryFrontierPsychiatry Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yeah I figure at the rate I get medallions, I'll be able to buy one item with them in about a month of playing.

FrontierPsychiatry on
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    wutg.png

What the shit is up with this fuck.

Three DoKs, two Shamans, and I can't even dent a Witch Elf.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    it'd be fair to mention that the shaman didn't really even matter

tyrannus on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2009
    I think they fact that tokens are a drop is fairly stupid. Just have a X% chance to get one when a player dies. In Mythic's defense, they don't want tokens dropping so often that players have the best gear within a month.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Logging in now, for the first time in weeks. x_x;

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    chasehatesbearschasehatesbears Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I think they fact that tokens are a drop is fairly stupid. Just have a X% chance to get one when a player dies. In Mythic's defense, they don't want tokens dropping so often that players have the best gear within a month.

You automatically get a token for taking a keep, no roll involved. Still seems like a lot of keep grinding though, even with drops included.

chasehatesbears on
This discussion has been closed.