As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WAR] Land of the Dead Beckons Us! (Resubscribe NOW!)

• Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    the problem with the oathstones was that they stacked along with other debuffs and was easy to spam into a large group of enemies by way of AoE. They needed to do something to lower the effectiveness a good bit.

Improved from what Cmd?

WolveSight on
    253J736.png
  • Options
    CmdPromptCmdPrompt Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Let's see, I last played sometime in November, where only one scenario was played and fights were rarely (if ever) anything but one-sided.

CmdPrompt on
    GxewS.png
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Depends on the server.

On the server my T4 char is on there is lots of zone pushings, so different scens pop all the time. If you run into pre-made groups against a bunch of pugs then you're likely to get worked over, as it should be...

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    CharaChara Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    CmdPrompt wrote: »
    Let's see, I last played sometime in November, where only one scenario was played and fights were rarely (if ever) anything but one-sided.

Being someone who played at launch and took a break and is now playing again. Yes they did fix this, there are no longer scens that everyone goes to because they are the bestest scens. they now really revolve around zone control which on Badlands server is constantly moving so different scens are always popping.

Around launch everyone just wanted one scen, no one even queued for the others. It was retarded.

Chara on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Havelock wrote: »
    I'm becomming that way, because I hate getting burned down so fast in T4. T1 and T2 are fun as hell as a DPS, and some of T3 if you have a good group. But yea gods, it turns to shit fast in T4. I figure if I roll a tank class, I'll have better utility and survivability outside of the "unstealth, frantically stab at clothy and hope you kill him before you're torn limb from limb by his friends."

Problem is in T4 you have a long way to go before you can really get survivability as a MDPS. It's not like the lower tiers where it's basically just a matter of getting to the end of teir and buying some cheap greens off the auction house. You can get there eventually but it takes renown ranks and gear. My White lion is RR48ish wearing 4 pieces of DP mixed with 2 pieces of Conq and I while I have decent survivability for a MDPS (in that I don't usually get melted instantly) it's still not where I want it. Need another 10 renown ranks or so :P

and therein lies the rub. I don't know how much of grinding T4 RvR I can take with T4 RvR in its current state, especially as an MDPS. I may just do what I did with my WH. Hit mid 30s, freeze, and wait for rain.

In the meantime I can run a tank or something. I tried doing a healer on Dark Crag, but...well, it's Dark Crag.

Pretty much all my characters for the forseeable future are going to either go through T4 only via PvE grinding or guild groups until said characters at the very least 40 and probably until they're decently geared as well. Pugging all the way through PvP in T4 just isn't something I'm willing to deal with again after having already gone through on three characters.

I'm kind of on a break from WAR though. I've pretty much only been logging on for instance runs with guildies.

I started browsing the thread for the new Star Wars MMO which led to watching the old cartoon network Clone Wars shorts for the first time which led to watch the newer Star Wars CG movie and season one of the show which left me with a huge craving for Star Wars gaming. So I just played though all 3 campaigns of Empire at War and am about to install KotOR 1 and 2. I stopped short of installing X-Wing alliance for the 50th time though.
    Only because I couldn't find the CD D:

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    CmdPrompt wrote: »

Scenarios are always one sided since one side always has Bright Wizards.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Whatever happens, I can't wait to see Warrior Priests cut down a bit.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    One sided fights are going to be a very likely problem for you if you're pugging scenarios. Going up against premades usually sucks but people all doing their own thing (like what I usually see in PuG scenarios) are very seldom going to overcome people who are actively working together. But then I kind of think that's how it should be.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Morskittar wrote: »

I want to see DoKs cut down as well for probably the same reasons. ;)

Happy, I've been in that mode for a while now; trying to avoid absolute burn-out but still wanting to play with cool people. RvR on badlands should be changing a bit soon with some of the shake-ups that are going through on both sides. I'll try to post something up on the candy forums in a little bit (depends on how work goes for the next few hours). You missed our "interesting" run of LV last night though. We're using White Lions (yes, plural, and we have an engineer) as off-tanks. Should be able to finish it tonight as long as we can stay away from some of the bugs.

WolveSight on
    253J736.png
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Single-target healing can't keep up much with dps as it stands now.
    Which DPS? Because my WL hasn't been able to solo any healer class since T3 and on.

Glal on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Word, WolveSight. I will happily throw Disciples under the bus if it means a WP can't heal through three or four attackers at a time, indefinitely. With my 25% healing nerf aura up.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    WolveSight wrote: »

I want to see DoKs cut down as well for probably the same reasons. ;)

Happy, I've been in that mode for a while now; trying to avoid absolute burn-out but still wanting to play with cool people. RvR on badlands should be changing a bit soon with some of the shake-ups that are going through on both sides. I'll try to post something up on the candy forums in a little bit (depends on how work goes for the next few hours). You missed our "interesting" run of LV last night though. We're using White Lions (yes, plural, and we have an engineer) as off-tanks. Should be able to finish it tonight as long as we can stay away from some of the bugs.

What? Crap :(

I was totally sitting here finishing off an EaW skirmish campaign (because TIE Defenders are awesome). I even thought "Hey, should I log on vent? ....naw, the non late night LV runs happen on the weekends." I guess that'll teach me not to idle in the AFK channel :P

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    We were trying to get Galinda in a run... and kind of made due. The spider boss kept bugging on us though, and the butcher was an unholy mess that somehow worked... but it's been fun. Good to change things up from time to time. Of course, next up is to try to single-heal LV in which I think Stellah and/or Sindahl will drive down south and kill me in my sleep.

Morsk, I don't want them nerfed too badly. If they get hit too hard then they can't compete in the PvE range... which would hurt a lot of people. For example, we can run LV now with 1 RP and 1 WP healing, but if WP heals get nerfed too much we wouldn't be able to run that combination anymore. Considering the nerfs to AoE and in some cases damage in general that are proposed, we wouldn't be able to bring a "tag-a-long" WP because we wouldn't be able to sacrfice the tank or dps spots. In PvP they're supposed to be "melee healers" which means they need to be durable, but not "too much" or they're unkillable (which arguably is where they lie at the moment). A balancing act everyone can have an opinion on, and everyone is just as likely to never get right.

WolveSight on
    253J736.png
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Glal wrote: »
    Which DPS? Because my WL hasn't been able to solo any healer class since T3 and on.

Any DPS. People are dropping in like 2-3 seconds to anything more than 1 DPS on them on the PTS. Shit needs to be toned down since htey toned down healing so much.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Hyperbole aside, yeah, I agree Wolve.

Well... the three or four attackers thing isn't hyperbole, but it would be nice for a single WP/DoK in a group to not carry the entire thing regardless of what opponents do. I imagine a reasonable point being where they function as a sort of alternate tank; go for the melee healer first and risk the tanks disrupting and debuffing you, or go for the tanks first and risk the healer keeping them up longer.

According to the offical boards the DPS madness has been toned down - 1.5k crits for high RR DPS instead of 4 or 5k.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Any DPS. People are dropping in like 2-3 seconds to anything more than 1 DPS on them on the PTS. Shit needs to be toned down since htey toned down healing so much.
    Ah, test. Wasn't originally specified.

Glal on
  • Options
    CodersigmaCodersigma Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hyperbole aside, yeah, I agree Wolve.

Well... the three or four attackers thing isn't hyperbole, but it would be nice for a single WP/DoK in a group to not carry the entire thing regardless of what opponents do. I imagine a reasonable point being where they function as a sort of alternate tank; go for the melee healer first and risk the tanks disrupting and debuffing you, or go for the tanks first and risk the healer keeping them up longer.

According to the offical boards the DPS madness has been toned down - 1.5k crits for high RR DPS instead of 4 or 5k.

In my opinion WAR balance gets all loopy in T4 where high RR and gear seems to trump everything. For example even in the lower part of T3 there were definitely situations where my WP could out heal three or more opponents. It didn't happen all the time but it did happen. The problem in T4 is that while it was definitely possible for my 40/44 WP to out heal the damage of multiple sub or fresh 40s it was also possible for some high RR (60-70 range) and well geared (LV/Invader) dps to just blow my WP up solo.

I definitely do believe that WP/DoK AoE heals and regen needed to be nerfed though. I just hope that damage between the "haves" and "have nots" becomes more normalized. As it stands right now the geared Destro dps players (including MDPS) are killing my WP faster than my RP (Rune of Binding ftw).

Codersigma on
  • Options
    TetraRayTetraRay Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Ah, test. Wasn't originally specified.

It is not any DPS, WL's can't drop anything in 2-3 seconds on test. You are still correct Glal

TetraRay on
    Steam ID: TetraRay
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Hooray. :(

Glal on
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Well, switching computers to a slightly better one worked quite well and the game now runs fine.

I'm re-subscribing next pay check.

How're the mouths doing these days?

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    TethTeth __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    I'd love to utilize the 10-day free trial for returning players, but they're requesting a form of payment. I'm surprised Mythic is that stupid.

Teth on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    You actually managed to get Galinda into an LV run? Awesome :D

We should make this a guild holiday. Can we make guild holidays? Because that would be pretty cool. We could name it Wolferlindanym Day. Whoever mispronouces it has to donate gold to the guild bank*

*1.All donations to be sent to my inbox for... screening 2.Guild members not allowed to
    remember amounts of donations 3.Guild members not allowed to remember dates of donations
    4.Checking of guild bank to ensure donation reception strictly prohibited 5.Amount of "donations" not
    to be less than 100 gold pieces 6.Questions about whether or not donations have actually been put
    in the guild bank are not allowed 7.Implications of wrong doing on my part will be answered with
    physical violence 8.Physical violence to be distributed by Sindahl who will be splitting the profit 9.
    Second part of condition 8. to be ignored by all guild members other than Sindahl 10.Galinda strictly
    prohibited from recieving any benefit from this holiday 11.Wolfera to recieve benefit from donations
    only on condition that she is not allowed to send them to Galinda 12.In the event Wolfera sends any
    proceeds to Galinda condition 7 will be invoked

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I keep having trouble picking servers/characters... I can never seem to decide what to play, but going to try and stick with my Witch Hunter till 40 now (currently 26).

Anyways, my order characters are on Badlands and I'm guildless, how do I go about getting an invite to Candymancers?

Nisi on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Nisi wrote: »
    I keep having trouble picking servers/characters... I can never seem to decide what to play, but going to try and stick with my Witch Hunter till 40 now (currently 26).

Anyways, my order characters are on Badlands and I'm guildless, how do I go about getting an invite to Candymancers?

go to our website (in my sig), apply in the appropriate section, get approved, get an invite in-game.

WolveSight on
    253J736.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Someone's sig on this page triggered my antivirus.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Not mine... >_>;

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Eh, mine hasn't changed since before C&C3 released so I'm probably in the clear.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Anyone have a link to the Phase 2 patch notes? I can only seem to find the Phase 1 patch notes, unless they have amalgamated them.

Also, is it just me or is the Hot Fixes post on the Herald breaking the page?

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    edited May 2009

huh, my sig's just a link... must have been Morsk's. Trying to spread Chaos through the interwebs...

Happy, the run finished up pretty well. Had a few bumps on N'Kari but it wasn't too bad. At least this gives us a few other options for team make-ups in the future (as long as people are a little suicidal anyways).

and yeah, Gnome, I'm getting that same problem on the web page.

WolveSight on
    253J736.png
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    I was in the beta for this game but I really did not have fun with it, I think my biggest problem is that my computer could not handle the game even on low settings. In about a week I should have a new computer that can run the game on high (I hope) and I plan on doing the 10 day trial. What new things can I expect?

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    By the sound of what they are doing to it, well geared doks will be harder to kill and melee geared doks will not be able to heal much at all (except for the melee heals)

Which is good, imo.

Can't wait to come back to this game now, it sounds like it's gonna be tactical and rewarding again instead of random.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I played in beta and am thinking of giving the trial again as I'm on my summer vacation. I'm in the eu so probably can't hook any of you up with a referral bonus I'm afraid.

I will probably be playing solo during the day, any class lend itself to that kind of thing?

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    By the sound of what they are doing to it, well geared doks will be harder to kill and melee geared doks will not be able to heal much at all (except for the melee heals)

Which is good, imo.

Can't wait to come back to this game now, it sounds like it's gonna be tactical and rewarding again instead of random.

So as a meele healer we're pretty effective still? I stopped playing my DoK when the focus went to standing back and healing and I was thinking of picking him back up again.

I miss riding bob the lizard around.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    WolveSight wrote: »

huh, my sig's just a link... must have been Morsk's. Trying to spread Chaos through the interwebs...

Mine does lead to a thread on WA...

Entaru - you should hit us up. It's a completely different guild than beta; you'll actually recognize the same people playing at any given time (as opposed to the beta/launch formless horde)! Still a bit smaller than I'd like after all the server hops, but ever so slowly ramping up to endgame progression. Bastion Stair will be going down tonight.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    I was in the beta for this game but I really did not have fun with it, I think my biggest problem is that my computer could not handle the game even on low settings. In about a week I should have a new computer that can run the game on high (I hope) and I plan on doing the 10 day trial. What new things can I expect?

I have a trial for you once you're ready to give it a go.

As far as new things...

Um. Lots? New classes and rebalanced PQs are probably the big ones for someone starting out though.

Might be a little frustrating to play in the lower tiers as they aren't as busy as they once were by any means. This isn't to say there will be no one in the lower teirs but depending on the time of day and how lucky you are, you might have to hunt for them a bit.

It's kind of a shame no one seems to use the looking for group tool thingy. It seems like it'd be pretty useful but I never see anyone listed in it :P

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    HavelockHavelock Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    One sided fights are going to be a very likely problem for you if you're pugging scenarios. Going up against premades usually sucks but people all doing their own thing (like what I usually see in PuG scenarios) are very seldom going to overcome people who are actively working together. But then I kind of think that's how it should be.

Agreed. I hate hitting a PuG in a scenario at any tier and have it turn out to be the PuG where everyone but yourself happens to be a fucking mouth-breather. That said, it's one of the greatest feelings to just steamroll an obvious guild premade into oblivion with a PuG. The trick is getting people to communicate.

Havelock on
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    It's kind of a shame no one seems to use the looking for group tool thingy. It seems like it'd be pretty useful but I never see anyone listed in it :P

I remember that thing got a lot of use in beta. I'm still not quite used to the fact that no one ever uses the damned thing on live.

Iblis on
    Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I need to figure out what I did here and do it again:

Goatrider_005%20(2).jpg

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    HavelockHavelock Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    When you do, let me know so I can try and get that much renown in a scenario.

holy shit you beat out a Rune Priest in renown

Havelock on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    When you do, let me know so I can try and get that much renown in a scenario.

holy shit you beat out a Rune Priest in renown

He practically beat out the entire other team combined.

Lucky Cynic on
This discussion has been closed.