As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Virus? I can't tell

ApolloTreatingYouApolloTreatingYou __BANNED USERS regular
edited December 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
I just opened my C folder to check something out and low and behold there is a new folder in there. Here is a screen:

Virus.jpg

In it is a single text file. When I open it, it has a log of all the shit it's been doing. I really don't understand any of it. Here is a screen of that:

Virus2.jpg

Is this a Virus? I very worried and I think so.

no you cannot have a sig that size. especially with compression that crappy.
ApolloTreatingYou on

• Options
    stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The second image is a bit too small for me to read, can you cut and paste the very start (5 - 10 lines) and the very end (same amount of lines) into a post? It could be nothing. Sometimes Windows updates make these kind of temp folders and for whatever reason they don't get removed.

stigweard on
  • Options
    ApolloTreatingYouApolloTreatingYou __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    Um, well I googled the name of the text file. And ran a virus check. It seems to be an update for windows. But god it does look like a virus.

I made this post before I found out what to google. So I guess just lock this.

ApolloTreatingYou on
    no you cannot have a sig that size. especially with compression that crappy.
This discussion has been closed.