As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Better Off Ted - Final 2 Episodes cancelled due to NBA finals. Tough luck. :)

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It's wierd that this show gets bad ratings. Everyone I've talked to about it loves the show.
    Everyone.
    My parents, my co-workers, random cashier guy at the store... Noone has a single bad word for the show.
    And yet it's ratings are appearently terrible.

see317 on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Aroduc wrote: »
    I don't know, I think the last episode of the first season was worse, but yeah... it was pretty bad.

I meant ratings, not quality. This was the worst night for BoT ratings wise.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Sentry wrote: »
    Sadly, BoT had its worst night ever last night. Why can't this show just catch a break?

Worst night ever? Do you mean ratings or the show quality?

I thought the show quality was good personally. It definitely had its moments and witty dialogue, which is the main reason I watch this show.

Edit: Oh, didn't see the above, nvm.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Sentry wrote: »
    Sadly, BoT had its worst night ever last night. Why can't this show just catch a break?

Worst night ever? Do you mean ratings or the show quality?

I thought the show quality was good personally. It definitely had its moments and witty dialogue, which is the main reason I watch this show.

See above.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I wish they would have put it on Wednesday night with the rest of the ABC comedies that are actually doing well ratings-wise.

Oh well. I wasn't expecting it to even get a 2nd season, so I'm just going to enjoy it while it's around.

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The best part of that episode was that Kodomo Biiru (Children's Beer) is an actual product in Japan.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    :(

ABC puts 'Scrubs,' 'Better Off Ted' in burnoff mode
    ABC is apparently in a hurry to finish off the seasons of its two struggling Tuesday comedies, "Scrubs" and "Better Off Ted."

The network has scheduled episodes of both shows to run in primetime on New Year's Day, and starting Jan. 5, viewers will get a double dose of "Scrubs" and "Ted" on Tuesday nights -- including opposite the premiere of "American Idol" on Jan. 12. The network is also airing original episodes the next two weeks, which is typically a lightly viewed time.

It all adds up to a rapid run through the bulk of the two shows' orders for the season. By Jan. 12 "Scrubs" will have aired 11 of its 18 episodes and "Ted" will have gone through 10 of its 13. ABC hasn't set its schedule beyond that week.

Both series have had meager showings in the ratings so far. The first four episodes of "Scrubs" have averaged only about 5 million viewers (pending DVR additions), while "Better Off Ted" premiered to 3.8 million viewers last week and dipped to just 3.2 million on Tuesday.

ABC still has a couple of midseason shows it has yet to give homes: The Alyssa Milano comedy "Romantically Challenged," which seems like a good bet to join the Wednesday lineup, and the drama "Happy Town." Whether the network would put a new series against the twin juggernauts of "Idol" and "NCIS" on Tuesdays remains to be seen.

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The thought that BoT is even in the same league as current-Scrubs is so awful

Khavall on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited December 2009
    Well, at least we got another season, which is more than expected.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    KiwiKiwi Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    What? Nooo!

Kiwi on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    How is 3.2 million people not a lot?

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited December 2009
    How is 3.2 million people not a lot?

Out of 304 million.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Thats still a few towns, a few hundred thousand schools worth of students staring blankly at your program. Even teh highest rated shows only have like 15 mil right? Out of 304 million.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    6-7 million is sort of the baseline that networks try to get. That tends to be the 'edge' between renewal and cancellation.

3.2 million is GREAT for cable.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Tomanta wrote: »
    6-7 million is sort of the baseline that networks try to get. That tends to be the 'edge' between renewal and cancellation.

3.2 million is GREAT for cable.

It'd be sweet if a cable network picked BoT up, but that's next to impossible, I'm sure.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Itd be a crime for the world to lose these characters, I mean Ted can go either way but hot blonde chick, hot when hair down blonde chick and Phil and Lem are grand.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    How does Hulu viewing calculate into rating?

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    How does Hulu viewing calculate into rating?

The short answer is no.

The long answer is they look at it, but no.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Damn, cause every one I know watches it there, not on broadcast

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited December 2009
    What the hell, east coasters? This is one of the few shows not taking any kind of holiday break and you're not lavishing praise on the episode?

Aroduc on
  • Options
    Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Maybe if we are lucky ABC Family will pick it up?

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'll tell you one thing. Khandi Alexander as any adult character's mom, even a hot one, just isn't right.

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    Grid SystemGrid System Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Grid System on
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Shit, I forgot about the new episode. Just like every other episode this season, argh.

I'm so terrible at this, I'm glad Hulu carries the new episodes or I'd never be able to give this show its support! (For however much Hulu counts at least)

Slicer on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Slicer wrote: »
    Shit, I forgot about the new episode. Just like every other episode this season, argh.

I'm so terrible at this, I'm glad Hulu carries the new episodes or I'd never be able to give this show its support! (For however much Hulu counts at least)

Well, the unfortunate truth is that unless you are a Nielson family, watching it on Hulu's counting for practically nothing is better than watching in on TV's counting for absolutely nothing.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    KiwiKiwi Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I just watched the latest ep, and it was full of Phil and Lem goodness.

"And yes, I wish there was a third yes!"

And also: "Today we will feast on chicken." (Not a Phil or Lem quote, but awesome nonetheless.)

Kiwi on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    "Shh, this isn't about us."

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    areaarea Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Lady Eri wrote: »
    Maybe if we are lucky ABC Family will pick it up?

ABC Family are dead to me since they canned The Middleman.

area on
  • Options
    InHumanInHuman Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    As much as I despise this shows first season, and havn't seen the new one.

I can saftley assume its not as bad as Scrubs is.

Thats a milestone for you guys. Take this award or leave it.

InHuman on
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You despise Better Off Ted?

What's it like not to have a soul or a sense of humour?

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    You despise Better Off Ted?

What's it like not to have a soul or a sense of humour?

I think I saw 4 episodes.

Everything about it felt off.

Mabye I chose the wrong episodes.

Characters were douchey and most of the jokes either fell flat or tried WAAAAAAY to hard to hit the punchline.

If you want subtle smart comedy, try AD, if you want a office show trying to be scrubs but not. Try this, or better yet, forget the office part and just watch the mid seasons of scrubs.

InHuman on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    You can 'saftley' assume?

havn't?

Your first sentence doesn't even make sense. Maybe if you added your second sentence somewhere in there. How can we take your opinion seriously when you don't even know the English language? You probably don't even understand half the things happening in either Better off Ted or Scrubs...

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Lady Eri wrote: »
    You can 'saftley' assume?

havn't?

Your first sentence doesn't even make sense. Maybe if you added your second sentence somewhere in there. How can we take your opinion seriously when you don't even know the English language? You probably don't even understand half the things happening in either Better off Ted or Scrubs...

Aoccdrnig to rseearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is that the frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Sotp frdaoinwrg tihs rcsaeerh to me! I hvae adaerly rveiceed it mnay teims!

InHuman on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    There we have it people, proof that not liking Better Off Ted correlates directly with having no sense of humour.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    This seems familiar to me, somehow...

area on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, it was posted on the last page.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, it was posted on the last page.

Dammit. I'm not flash-enabled at the moment, so I glossed over the post that I assume contains it.

area on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2009
    InHuman wrote: »
    If you want subtle smart comedy, try AD, if you want a office show trying to be scrubs but not. Try this, or better yet, forget the office part and just watch the mid seasons of scrubs.

I think the fact that you feel BOT is trying to be "subtle" explains part of your confusion.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2009
    Kiwi wrote: »
    I just watched the latest ep, and it was full of Phil and Lem goodness.

"And yes, I wish there was a third yes!"

And also: "Today we will feast on chicken." (Not a Phil or Lem quote, but awesome nonetheless.)

"...though I think you might be getting a live chicken."

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    InHuman wrote: »

I think the fact that you feel BOT is trying to be "subtle" explains part of your confusion.

Probably.

Seeing as I have nothing to do for the next 2 days until work, reccomend me 1 episode.

Just 1.

InHuman on