As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Deleting a file that doesn't exist? [SOLVED]

flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
edited December 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
Wow, sorry to have two threads going at pretty much the same time but this has been bugging me for a few days now.

I was downloading a song (am I allowed to say that?) from a file-sharing program, and in the middle of the download, I decided to abort it. A while later, I was looking through my music folder and noticed the incomplete file sitting there, so I tried to delete it. It wouldn't let me, because I still had the file-sharing program open, so I was told "This file is in use by another program". Fair enough.

However, after I closed the program and went to delete the file, I got the message "Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk" which, as I understand it, means that the file cannot be deleted because the computer can't find it, because it doesn't exist.

So now I have this icon sitting in my music folder called INCOMPLETE~[song name] and no way to get rid of it.

Help?

y59kydgzuja4.png
flamebroiledchicken on

This discussion has been closed.