As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game On! And On! And On!] Diablo 2: Stay a while and listen!

• Options
    TagTag Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ringmaster wrote: »
    oh that'd be awesome thanks!

Life leach is important when each attack you do costs 8% of your life *nods in agreement with self*

Just make sure you don't 1 shot yourself ;)

Also, not 100% sure but I think you might still take the full 8% even when the physical damage you do is reduced by 50%. I know there is some weirdness with life leech (hunger druids still take some damage from IM even with over 100% life leech) but I forget the specifics.

Tag on
    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Because IM does over 100% damage. Something like 300% return.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I never realized how awesome enchanting is. A guy joined my game (I was level 15), and he enchanted me; and immediately, I was able to do 1000 damage.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Anyone with a connection more suitable to game hosting than mine interested in maybe trying some Eastern Sun via Hamachi or something before the ladder reset/patch? It's different enough from stock D2 that it gives some variety, and it's tough enough on its own that playing Hardcore with it is fairly pointless.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Sinuath

I found 2 Cathan's ring that you were looking for the life leech. I'll be in game for a while this afternoon if you want to hop on.

IdolNinja on
  • Options
    RingmasterRingmaster Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Does Conviction work on Phys Immunes?

Ringmaster on
    Diablo 2 - Sinuath
  • Options
    Walrus PeteWalrus Pete Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Does Conviction work on Phys Immunes?

No, it only lowers (non-poison) elemental resistances. It does lower defense, but that affects chance to be hit, not damage taken.

Walrus Pete on
  • Options
    tachyontachyon Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    AFK a bit in pahnr1 while i put the kids to bed...if you want to join me later to kill andy, let me know.

Also got a lvl 20 waiting to do duriel (died too many times thinking I could do it myself).

tachyon on
  • Options
    MattieMattie Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Duriel is tough without a tank. Both of us almost died. I have 1 more regular rejuv potion, if he hit me 1 more time I was toast as well.

Mattie on
    3DS Code 0001-3323-2884
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Suplex86
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Any new hints when the patch/reset will hit?

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

None.

Rakai on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Rakai wrote: »

None.

This is Blizzard we're talking about. I'll be happy if the patch is out significantly before Diablo 3, which is to say that I believe it will come out, but have no expecations about it happening in anything resembling an actual time frame. It'll just be announced a couple weeks ahead of time that it's happening.

The reset, however, I wouldn't be surprised to see in May or June, based on their ladder reset history. I know they said it might be as early as April, but unless we get word about it today or so, I figure it's a safe bet we have a few more weeks to go.

Historically, how much time do they usually give in advance? A week? A month? They don't just spring it on people, right?

In unrelated news, hitting 60 and getting into Act 5 was nice for the weekend. What level is a good point to start eyeing Hell? I figure I can probably finish up Nightmare solo without any trouble at this point, but I don't want to struggle too hard if it's going to be a particularly steep curve into Hell.

I decided to give the Skeleton Mages a shot, and my mini army of them is pretty damned awesome. With +skills, I've got 8 out at a time, and they hit hard enough to lend some fairly effective firepower to my melee army. I'll max them out in a few levels, and then think I'll just start dumping points into Corpse Explosion, which is proving to be more fun than at the start, now that I have something resembling a mana pool.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Forar wrote: »

None.

This is Blizzard we're talking about. I'll be happy if the patch is out significantly before Diablo 3, which is to say that I believe it will come out, but have no expecations about it happening in anything resembling an actual time frame. It'll just be announced a couple weeks ahead of time that it's happening.

The reset, however, I wouldn't be surprised to see in May or June, based on their ladder reset history. I know they said it might be as early as April, but unless we get word about it today or so, I figure it's a safe bet we have a few more weeks to go.

Historically, how much time do they usually give in advance? A week? A month? They don't just spring it on people, right?

In unrelated news, hitting 60 and getting into Act 5 was nice for the weekend. What level is a good point to start eyeing Hell? I figure I can probably finish up Nightmare solo without any trouble at this point, but I don't want to struggle too hard if it's going to be a particularly steep curve into Hell.

I decided to give the Skeleton Mages a shot, and my mini army of them is pretty damned awesome. With +skills, I've got 8 out at a time, and they hit hard enough to lend some fairly effective firepower to my melee army. I'll max them out in a few levels, and then think I'll just start dumping points into Corpse Explosion, which is proving to be more fun than at the start, now that I have something resembling a mana pool.

From what I can gather, 5-7 days seems to be the average warning on resets.

Rakai on
  • Options
    lordswinglordswing Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I went into Hell once NM WSK runs started to give me crap xp, which was around 75. The most important thing is you need to get your resists up, since you're facing another -60 res penalty in Hell.

lordswing on
    D2:LoD East -> *FlipPaulHewitt
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I've read that a well slotted shield (4?) filled with perfect diamonds is an excellent way to build up resists, but I decided to actually use one of my slotting quests on my awesome +2 summoning skills offhand, which let me put a pair of said diamonds into an item I rely on pretty heavily, and boosted all of my resists nicely. Maxed Poison, very good Fire, reasonable cold and lightning, though the -60 for Hell will likely kick the crap out of that.

Funny thing; I was bitching earlier about getting an Ethereal Wurmskull? Found a second one on the weekend, regular. So I now use that.

Then I found another one the following day.

Also, I'm up to a pair of the poison resist armour uniques... venom ward, I think.

Nice to finally have some decent gear to pass the alts. I don't want to spend a pile of time on them, but I really should get them from 15/16 to 20+ so I can put some of that gear to work, rather than just having them sitting around with filled inventories.

Forar on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    What the heck, I join a game, quit one, and now I'm temporarily restricted from USEast. I don't know what's going on. I mean, I can go on USWest...but this is crazy.

Bartholamue on
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I guess BNet thinks you're a bot with your one whole game session. I really hope D3 isn't so picky.

Monsty on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    What the heck, I join a game, quit one, and now I'm temporarily restricted from USEast. I don't know what's going on. I mean, I can go on USWest...but this is crazy.

Welcome to the world of Diablo 2 temp bans. Look at battle.net the wrong way and you get banned. If you can switch your IP you can get around it but since it remembers your CD-key you tend to get temp bans quickly after a switch as well.

Rakai on
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Welcome to the world of Diablo 2 temp bans. Look at battle.net the wrong way and you get banned. If you can switch your IP you can get around it but since it remembers your CD-key you tend to get temp bans quickly after a switch as well.
    Also, this happens quite often and it happens to everyone, so don't think that you are alone or that this is an isolated incident. Just wait 5 minutes, and you can log back in. It's annoying, but there's not much you can do about it.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Weird. Well may it was just me doing 10 Mephesto runs in 15 minutes. How long does it usually last?

Bartholamue on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Weird. Well may it was just me doing 10 Mephesto runs in 15 minutes. How long does it usually last?

That'll definitely do it.

We were discussing this earlier (in the other thread, perhaps) and I think the standard set by some botters was 10 games an hour (one every 6 minutes)?

10 games in 15 minutes is probably way too fast if you wish to avoid tempbans.

Forar on
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    That would do it. Make longer runs, and include other guys like the Countess (for Runes), Andarial, and some of the SuperUniques (same location bosses). Or do a cow run if you've beat Nightmare already. That should lengthen the time of your run so you don't get temp banned. The temp bans are really temporary, although YMMV. Usually, I just read the forums for 10 minutes and they are done.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I think it's 20 per hour. Certain activities increase the chances as well.

Rakai on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    It's alright now. Good.

Bartholamue on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Forar wrote: »
    I've read that a well slotted shield (4?) filled with perfect diamonds is an excellent way to build up resists, but I decided to actually use one of my slotting quests on my awesome +2 summoning skills offhand, which let me put a pair of said diamonds into an item I rely on pretty heavily, and boosted all of my resists nicely. Maxed Poison, very good Fire, reasonable cold and lightning, though the -60 for Hell will likely kick the crap out of that.

The only problem with that is that the only 4-socket shield a non-Paladin can equip is a Monarch, which is an Elite Kite Shield and has a whopping 156 Strength requirement. Since you're a Necro and probably don't have much Strength, I'd go with a 3-socket Normal shield like a Tower Shield. +56 resists are nothing to sneeze at. If you were Hardcore, I'd toss you my old 3-socket pdiamond Tower Shield.

Also, in my experience, the only resists a summon Necro really has to worry about in Hell are Fire and Lightning. Fire for Burning Dead archers and Lightning for Gloams. Cold resist is nice but not a huge priority, and you can get away with 30-50% poison resist or less.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    KoldanarKoldanar Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Howdy! I've been trying to get back into Diablo 2 since just about when it came out (something always comes along to take my attention.) I've started again, since the new ladder begins soon...anyone want to party with my lowbie summonmancer in normal this week? I'll be playing during the day when I can (account name Koldanar, Character is Myndwarp).

Koldanar on
    3DS friend code : 1375 - 7258 - 4504
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Presently wandering around Hell with my necromancer on ESCL - *ronya

Wonder how much hoto/arach/anni + bunch of summon skillers will cost me...

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Man, they have bots to rush people now. How long have I been out of the loop?

Bartholamue on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    They have bots to rush people now? O_o

edit: there aren't any easy ways to systematically rush people as far as I know - LOD needs Baal bumpers. Classic has no character builds capable of rapid rushes (that I know of, anyway).

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    RingmasterRingmaster Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Baal bumper?

last time i played SC there were baal rusher bots.. generally only ran higher levels though. I'd imagine there were probably chaos sanc runner bots as well though.

Ringmaster on
    Diablo 2 - Sinuath
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    i've never seen a bot that did full rushes
    only baal/chaos bots

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    0blique0blique Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    ronya wrote: »
    Presently wandering around Hell with my necromancer on ESCL - *ronya

Wonder how much hoto/arach/anni + bunch of summon skillers will cost me...

You'll need a few HRs: hoto 1+, arach 3+, anni 3+, summon skillers pul/um+ each. With the reset coming, it may increase those prices (everyone would rather have items than almost worthless hr when the reset hits), but it depends on how well you can trade.

0blique on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Aww. I was hoping for a fall in prices as people ditched soon-to-be-NL equipment. :P

Oh well. Maybe I'll just ditch whatever I'm holding too...

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    lordswinglordswing Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    A bumper is just someone who hasn't done the Baal quests right? Finishing Ancients don't matter right?

*edit*yes it is

lordswing on
    D2:LoD East -> *FlipPaulHewitt
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Anyone know some good blasty druid builds? I'm reinstalling this and want to try something besides necromancer or sorceress.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    Walrus PeteWalrus Pete Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Assuming you mean blasty as in spellcasting, a wind druid (synergized tornado, hurricane for cold damage + slow) with ample FCR and +skills is a death machine. Fire elementalists can work too, but it'll be a lot harder.

Walrus Pete on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Anyone on right now? I just created a character. If so, join panr1/wang.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'm on, but I don't see panr1/wang

*ronya

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I quit about 10:45ish (EST). Probably earlier. Had to get to bed for work this morning. I may be on tonight. I was only planning on playing for about 30 - 45 minutes, as you can see, and I didn't feel like getting on FFXI and doing... well not much of anything. But since Lost is on tonight, I may not get on.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    panr1/wang

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png