As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Issues with my mouse (Solved)

The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple,unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
edited April 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I have issues with my mouse

It flickers on and off at times and can cut out for minutes at a time.

This is for two mice aswell, so it is likely my computer

what should I do?

What do I need to provide you fellas with

The Black Hunter on

• rfaliasrfalias Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    USB or PS/2?

If its USB try another port. If it's PS/2 you can try a USB mouse or I'm sure there is some kind of converter that exists out there. It's happening with two separate mice it most certainly is the port/pc.

rfalias on
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Both the mice are USB

Anything I can do?

It seems to be most prevalent during games

The Black Hunter on
  • exoplasmexoplasm Gainfully Employed Near Blizzard HQRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Are you using front usb ports? When using ports on the back, if you have say 6 or 8 ports you'll notice that there are 4 in a block and 2 in a block (or 4 and 4). Try putting it in the smaller block of usb ports with nothing else plugged into the same block. You could be pulling too much power through the ports.

You could also try using a powered usb hub (one that plugs into a wall outlet for power) and plugging your mouse into that.

exoplasm on
    1029386-1.png
    SC2 NA: exoplasm.519 | PA SC2 Mumble Server | My Website | My Stream
  • theclamtheclam Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Are these wireless? If so, you could be getting a bad connection or running out of batteries.

theclam on
    rez_guy.png
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    They are wired, I will try exoplasms idea

The Black Hunter on
    edited April 2009
    exoplasm wrote: »
    Are you using front usb ports? When using ports on the back, if you have say 6 or 8 ports you'll notice that there are 4 in a block and 2 in a block (or 4 and 4). Try putting it in the smaller block of usb ports with nothing else plugged into the same block. You could be pulling too much power through the ports.

You could also try using a powered usb hub (one that plugs into a wall outlet for power) and plugging your mouse into that.

I want to fuck you and not gently

this has been the bane of my computing life for the past few months and it was fixed by unplugging my tablet

The Black Hunter on
  • exoplasmexoplasm Gainfully Employed Near Blizzard HQRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    exoplasm wrote: »

I want to fuck you and not gently

this has been the bane of my computing life for the past few months and it was fixed by unplugging my tablet

Haha. I see this happen often because my friend likes to have 50,000 usb gadgets plugged into a pyramid array of usb hubs.

I keep telling him, but he keeps ignoring me. D:

exoplasm on
    1029386-1.png
    SC2 NA: exoplasm.519 | PA SC2 Mumble Server | My Website | My Stream
This discussion has been closed.