As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Make your own Super-Team (NS56k?)

BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
edited April 2007 in Graphic Violence
This thread is here for all of us GVites to do what every comic fan has thought about at least once, the forming of a Super-Team.

The Rules
1. You can either make your own team(i.e. A new unused team name and a completley original roster) or use an already existing team but with your own roster.
2. The maximum amount of active members per team is 7, with 4 reserve members. For each member you have to give a valid reason for them bieng on the team. Example: "Squirrel Girl should be on because she is an unstoppable juggernaut with her vast armies of squirrels and as of now she has yet to lose a battle." is Right, "LOL BATMAN, HE CAN BEAT ANYBODY!!!!!" is fucking wrong.
3. When making a team you can use Super-Heroes, or Villains. However you can't mix the two, meaning no Squirrel Girl and Doctor Doom team-ups.
4. If you use an existing team, try to keep it within reason. If you can give a beliveable reason for Robin bieng a member of Shadowpact then go ahead but if you can't then he probably shouldn't be on the team.
5. You can use characters from past eras, but not with characters from current eras. Pre and Post Crisis Superman cannot be on the same team. The limit for characters of differeing eras is bieng an active hero withing 5 years of eachother. Meaning Bart Allen as The Flash and Kyle Rayner as Green Lantern can be on the same team.
6. After many people's asking I've decided to allow Cross-Universe teams. You can use it but it must be under the name Exiles, No Justice Freedom Avengers of The Globe.
Example
The Justice League of America
Superman.jpg
Superman-Besides bieng one of the most powerful heroes in the DCU he is also a competent field leader along with having a genius level intellect. He is incredibly versatile and will be one of the last members to go down, he would be the team tank, making sure none of the less durable members won't go down very quickly.
WonderWomanV5.jpg
Wonder Woman-A pure fighter plain and simple, with strength rivaling Superman's and fighting skills that could challange Batman's she is the team's secret weapon. If it comes down to it and a villain must be killed, she would be one of the few heroes that would be willing to do it.
Batmanlee.png
Batman-The most terrifying member of the team. While not as strong as the others he can certainly pull his own weight. If there's a mystery to be solved, Batman can do it. If there is a villain that needs to be interrogated who do you think is going to do it? Superman? No, Batman will make that criminal piss his tights.
kyle2.png
Green Lantern(Kyle Rayner)-Out of all the Green Lanterns that have been members of the Justice League I chose Kyle for one reason: He's the most creative. While he doesn't have the sheer willpower of Hal and the unrestrained strength of Guy he is the most versatile of the bunch. Kyle was the last of the Green Lanterns for quite a while, he proved himself many times over and is one of the big-guns of the DCU in my opinion.
New_flashl.jpg
The Flash(Bart Allen)-I could have chosen Wally West, but I chose Bart because he is quite literaly the fastest man alive. Since he has the entire Speed Force inside of him he can run faster than any previous Flash. He has matured since his Impulse days and is ready to take over as the resident speedster of the JLA.
dr_fate.jpg
Dr. Fate(Hector Hall)-The JLA has usually had one magic user on their roster, be it Zatanna or Aquaman with his magic water hand. However why not go to the very top? Dr. Fate is one of the most powerful spellcasters in the DCU and could handle practically any magical threat thrown at the league.
250px-MartianManhunter36.jpg
Martian Manhunter(Pre-OYL)-The rock of the JLA, he has been a member of almost every incarnation of the league, and for good reason. He is a juggernaut, with the strength of Supes, telepathy and shapeshifting he is one of the more powerful members of the team.

Reserves:
250px-CaptainMarvel.jpg
Captain Marvel-When Dr. Fate is already occupied or has been bested it's time to call in the other magic champion. CM is the Superman of the magic world, he is one of the most powerful heroes in the DCU and has yet to reach his potential according to Superman.
Firestorm_raymond.jpg
Firestorm(Ronnie Raymond)-One of the most underrated heroes of the DCU. His ability to alter any inanimate object on a molecular level along with his energy blasts and intangibility he is a powerhouse. With the Professer's mind he could help the league with any scientific problems.
DrMid-Nite%20Pieter%20001.jpg
Doctor Mid-Nite(Pieter Cross)-While he is a proficient combatant and a decent detective, he is outclassed by Batman in both of those areas. His real worth is his skill as a doctor. Whenever a League member is injured where would they take him, to STAR Labs, where they could take some blood samples or use them for expermients? No. Take them to Doc Mid-Nite, worlds' best metahuman doctor.

tl;dr
Make your own reasonable super-team, be it heroes or villains.

SIG.gif
Blankspace on

• Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    X-Factor is pretty close to perfect already for me. I'm'a try to think of a way to make it better though.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Im going to try and not be too predictable (lookin' at you Munch), though it'll probably just be JSofA throwbacks into one wholesome group.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    396px-YJ40.jpg

It's this superhero team of young heroes, except instead of being 100% angst, it's more realistic in that the heroes actually have a good time now and then and learn to deal with their shit.

I like to call it Young Justice.

OH WAIT.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Who didn't see that coming M I RITE?

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    LRGLRG Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Do that have to be from the same continunity? I just want to make a kick-ass team of head-busters with the same goals.

LRG on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    LRG wrote:
    Do that have to be from the same continunity? I just want to make a kick-ass team of head-busters with the same goals.
    Yeah I forgot to mention same universes. I'll add that to the rules.
    No DC/Marvel, unless you can come up with a really good excuse for it.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2006
    Death.jpg
    Death
    Deathx.PNG
    Death
    LadyDeathstrike.png
    Lady Deathstrike
    VillainsUniteddeathstroke.png
    Deathstroke the Terminator
    Deadshot1.jpg
    Deadshot
    Deadpool.png
    Deadpool
    Deadman_400x600.jpg
    Deadman
    402px-X-Statix12.jpg
    Dead Girl
    400px-BlueBeetle03.png
    Blue Beetle

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Rule-Breakage
    Did I just break every rule?
    Yes.

But I can forgive you Keith.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    SlagmireSlagmire Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Death, Deathstrike, Deathstroke, Deadshot, Deadpool
    Did I just break every rule?

No Marvel Death? Man, this death/dead team is lacking!

Slagmire on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    This no era mixing rule is puttin' a hurtin' on my team. I wanted Jonah Hex on it damnit!

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2006
    Crap, I didn't break the capacity rule

give me more dead names

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    We are allowed to pull from multiple comic universes, yes?

Slagmire on
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    LRG wrote:
    You could just call them The Exiles.

And Keith forgot Dead Girl.

402px-X-Statix12.jpg

and Dead Man (Shame, Keith!)

Deadman_400x600.jpg

robosagogo on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    LRG wrote:
    You could just call them The Exiles.

And Keith forgot Dead-Girl.

402px-X-Statix12.jpg

And Deadman...
    Deadman_400x600.jpg

Granted... he's a good guy, but stranger things have happened.

Slagmire on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    oh my fucking god how did i forget deadman

jesus fucking christ

i quit

I am the worst Deadman fan ever

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Keith wrote:
    oh my fucking god how did i forget deadman

jesus fucking christ

i quit

I am the worst Deadman fan ever

You're not Spectre-X. We have much looser rules for you... :winky:

Slagmire on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Edited the No-Cross Universe Rule.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Captain Marvel

Captain Marvel

Captain Marvel

Captain Mar-Vell

and Captain Marvel

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    bobgorila wrote:
    Captain Marvel

Captain Marvel

Captain Marvel

Captain Mar-Vell

and Captain Marvel
    You forgot Captain Marvel.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    bobgorila wrote:
    Captain Marvel

Captain Marvel

Captain Marvel

Captain Mar-Vell

and Captain Marvel
    He's in the reserves.

bobgorila on

Anally.
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    bobgorila wrote:
    bobgorila wrote:
    Captain Marvel

Captain Marvel

Captain Marvel

Captain Mar-Vell

and Captain Marvel
    He's in the reserves.

Where's Mary Marvel? A team needs a chickie. And incestual tension for some.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    bobgorila wrote:
    bobgorila wrote:
    Captain Marvel

Captain Marvel

Captain Marvel

Captain Mar-Vell

and Captain Marvel
    He's in the reserves.

No no no, That's What Hoppy the Marvel Bunny's for.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I see the Justice League as a collection of low-powered heroes, with Superman and Wonder Woman being too busy saving the world by themselves to help out, and the League kind of ruining the urban, low-powered detective vibe that Batman has. I see the Trinity as being the League's trouble-shooters, the people they call on when things get too damn crazy. So here's my League.

Martian Manhunter- He's been a hero in one form or another for like, a century, is superstrong, superdurable, can shapeshift, go intangible, and use telepathy. I'd make him the League's big gun and leader, establish the fire weakness as something that only brings him down when he's been engulfed for several minutes, and really play him up as being a stoic green Superman.

Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)- Yes, you all knew it was coming so let's get it out of the way. I'd bring Ted back to life and have him reluctantly join the League as the superscientist guy. I'd play him up as kind of a snarky and resentful cross between Reed Richards and Rusty Venture, making him the kind of guy who can whip up really useful and crazy shit, but gets hamstrung by his own need to goof off and fuck around. He'd rarely leave the League's base due to colossal fear of dying again, until he realized that the League's headquarters get attacked every Tuesday.

Doctor Occult- Kind of the wildcard magic user. I like that he's not very popular, and kind of street-level. I think he'd make a cool magic Batman; the guy who, whenever everything seems fucked, somehow reveals a brilliant master plan that he's had going for the last three months. He would need beefed up a little bit though, and to have his powers clearly defined so he wouldn't just become like most other magic heroes, with the power to do damn near anything.

Big Barda- She'd make up for the lack of Batman's tactical thinking, and she fills the tank role if J'onn ever goes down. Plus, I just like her. She's a cool heroine who's the dominant person in her relationship, she towers over Superman, and she brings a lot of neat Fourth World baggage with her.

Mister Miracle- Because if Barda's there, so is he. Being able to get out of deadly situations is a pretty useful power for the League, and I think the interplay between Barda and him would be great.

Firestorm (Jason Rusch)- Eevry incarnation of the League needs a young upstart, and his powers are really useful. Plus, I think it'd be kind of neat if Beetle served as his semi-permanent bonding guy, instructing Jason how to do all the science stuff, and serving as kind of a mentor to him during downtime as the League base.

Gypsy- She can serve as a reminder that Justice League Detroit really happened, have some interaction with J'onn, and do all the infiltration stuff normally reserved for the Atom or Batman.

Munch on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Blink
    398px-3456782.jpg

Nocturne
    42.jpg

Mystique
    392px-Mystique11.png

Marrow
    X-Men_Marrow.jpg

Namorita
    Nitronamorita.PNG

Mercury
    396px-NXMHellions3.jpg

Lifeguard
    Xtreme9.jpg

Penance
    Penance.jpg

10 nopoints to who can guess where I'm going with this one

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    Sexy Ladies.[/img]

10 nopoints to who can guess where I'm going with this one
    Girls who's eyes are not normaly colored?

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Oh

I see we have one of those "I'm totally keeping eye contact with you, seriously" guys here

You're not fooling us

Scooter on
  • Options
    Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    bobgorila wrote:
    bobgorila wrote:
    Captain Marvel

Captain Marvel

Captain Marvel

Captain Mar-Vell

and Captain Marvel
    He's in the reserves.

There's already a girl there:
    Photon.jpg

If not, I suggest adding Captain Marvel.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    bobgorila wrote:
    bobgorila wrote:
    Captain Marvel

Captain Marvel

Captain Marvel

Captain Mar-Vell

and Captain Marvel
    He's in the reserves.

and Mahr Vell or whatever the ultimate's guy name was.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    bobgorila wrote:
    bobgorila wrote:
    Captain Marvel

Captain Marvel

Captain Marvel

Captain Mar-Vell

and Captain Marvel
    He's in the reserves.

and Mahr Vell or whatever the ultimate's guy name was.
    He just missed an H I think.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Man, I am going to make a team comprised entirely of green lanterns.

Kyle, John, Hal, Guy, Kilowog and Mogo.

The book will be called Green Lantern Corps: Redux and will devote extensive page-time to Mogo's backstory.

bobgorila on

Anally.
  • Options
    LRGLRG Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Team Necrophobia

D
    d02.jpg

Field leader. A Dhampir, he is not a man or a vampire, yet his personality constantly shifts between man and vampire. The oldest, wisest, and possibly most powerful member of the team.

Ashley J. "Ash" Williams
    SPEvilDead-Ash08.jpg

Housewares. Ash is pretty much incompetent at everything except fighting the Evil Dead.

The Goon
    goon.jpg

The Muscle. Goon's is the team's brawler. He has a high tolerance for pain, pleanty stamina,a stylish face scar, and a unhealty hatred of slack-jaws.

Blade
    blade.jpg

Token black guy and weapons expert. Blade has all the strengths of a vampire, but none of their weaknesses. He possess a a regenerative healing factor, can "smell" supernatural creatures of all kinds which comes in handy when search for the undead. I pretty sure he kills Dracula on a yearly basis.

Anita Blake

AnitaCoverMini.jpg
    Token female. I really know nothing about this broad, but I guess she looks good.

LRG on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Groddbolland.PNG
    Gorilla Grodd (Leader): Solid leadership on top of many other abilities that help him rival many characters (hero and villain) in the DCU.

VillainsUniteddeathstroke.png
    Deathstroke (Field Commander): The anti-Batman. The one that can fuck up anything and anybody, even without all the superpowers that many others in the DCU have.

332px-Sinestro.jpg
    Sinestro: Works well with others interested in doing misdeeds... that's saying nothing of the power ring he's got.

Mordru.jpg
    Mordru: A massively powerful sorcerer who lives for causing Chaos. It's possible he could splinter this team, but considering how he hates the JSA and similar organizations, he would most likely work with this group.

236px-Blackadambw.png
    Black Adam: Anti-Captain Marvel? Oh hell, yes.

364px-Clayface2.jpg
    Clayface (Basil Karlo): Highly underrated villain with some very formidable powers in both combat and infiltration.

Cheetah.PNG
    Cheetah (Barbara Minerva): Super speed and a solid fighter. Furry too if you're into that kind of thing.

Reserves:
    274px-Shimmer.jpg
    Shimmer: With the ability to alter any element or compound into another, she can be very dangerous if she learns to use it to its full ability.

800px-Jinx.jpg
    Jinx: Impressive sorceress, not to mention she reminds me of Star Trek the movie.

394px-BatmanGothamKnights60.jpg
    Hush: Another anti-Batman, plus a great medical knowledge.

EDIT: I totally fucked your 56k and scroll lock most likely.

Slagmire on
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I'm making 2- A good team and an evil team.

the_spirit.jpg
    The spirit(Denny Colt)

db_print_dormanhornet1.jpg
    The Green Hornet

Dt2wrr.jpg
    Dick Tracy

250px-Phantomcomics2.jpg
    The Phantom

Docsavage.jpg
    Doc Savage

ElijahSnow.jpg
    Elijah Snow

Shadow178deathfromnowhere.jpg
    And The Shadow.

My Evil Team

225px-Groddbolland.png
    Gorilla Grodd

200px-Brainmallah.png
    Monsieur Mallah

Ultrahumanite3.jpg
    The Ultra humanite

200px-Titanoplanet.jpg
    Titano, The super-ape

320px-Mojo_jojo.jpg
    And Mojo Jojo.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Having Elijah Snow on the team kind of kills the motif. I'd sub him out for Sandman, or even Crimson Avenger.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I was going to do a trenchcoat team

but I decided against it.

yours needs more Question

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Having Elijah Snow on the team kind of kills the motif. I'd sub him out for Sandman, or even Crimson Avenger.

Definately Sandman. Dodds needs all kinds of love. Keith's suggestion of The Question is good too.

Slagmire on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Keith wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trenchcoat_Brigade

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Keith wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trenchcoat_Brigade

(yes i know)

(it is also why I didn't do it)

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Dex's team...

"Okay gang..lets go give these thugs something ta think about!"

Elijah- "Alright team! Let me just freeze all of them and the surrounding area, and we can call it a day!"

"But what about us...? Fuck it. We'll be at the bar. "

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    But Elijah Snow is so fucking cool that it makes everything ok.

Sars_Boy on