As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The League of Extraordinary [Chat]men

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited December 2006
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I'm pretty sure all of this is my fault.

Things have gotten better for me lately.

The universe had to correct itself.

Sorry.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I am apparently currently addicted to peppy, upbeat songs.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Richy wrote:
    gundam470 wrote:
    Jeffe or his wife got into a car accident earlier in the year and now they have found out that they are getting sued for (possibly) a shitload of cash. I think.
    What's the accusation? And don't they have the police reports and medical evaluations from a year ago proving everything was cool?
    Sadly, this sort of thing is pretty typical in the US. My guess is that the person who got in the accident was solicited by a lawyer and my guess is that there was a week or so left to file a suit before the statute of limitations kicked in.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    I can understand wanting to be able to live your life how you want, but the whole transgender thing seems like too much of an uphill battle to me.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Incenjucar wrote:

Sorry.
    Yeah, me too.

Well, I mean, sorta. I'm still failing all my classes, but I'm no longer contemplating ill-advised activities involving razorblades and/or big handfuls of pills. One step at a time.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited December 2006
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    JinniganJinnigan Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    I can understand wanting to be able to live your life how you want, but the whole transgender thing seems like too much of an uphill battle to me.
    perhaps this is why you are not transgender

eh?

Jinnigan on
    whatifihadnofriendsshortenedsiggy2.jpg
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    ugh i need to finish this report

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    The Far Side! So supple and young.
    You are a denizen of SE++
    And my heart, you have won
    Forever I am yours TFS!
    Forever will I
    think of you
    at night

alone...

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Jesus fucking Christ.

Oh man, are you breaking up with me next to add the pyramid of misery?

No, but soon the Wii will walk in on us smooching and run out crying.
    Hello
    Hey
    How are you doing fine sir
    Pretty well

Sometimes it feels neat

To talk in

The SE++

Style
    stanzas are the only way to talk, man

now that you mention it

wait, fuck

TheFarSide, I secretly love you. Would you like to go hiking in the scenic, vast hills of my vagina? You can live off the land and see the sights.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Is it too much of a fight to try to actually be who you think you are? It's certainly tough and is certain to be mentally and physically taxing, but what else can she do? Could you live your entire life pretending to be someone you aren't, Dyna? I'm pretty sure I couldn't and I'm pretty sure I would do the same thing if I were in her position.

To Oboro: I'm sorry you have to deal with our backwards society. Our culture has a fear of people not fitting in with the norm and you are, at present, on the bleeding edge of not fitting in. I hope everything works out for you and I admire you for actually going through with it. If you're in CO, let me know and you can live with me over the Christmas break.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    There are easily 5 transgendered people on PA

what's up with that

There's also only four or five girls. What's up with that? The internet has all sorts of highly skewed demographics across the board.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Man, fuck them stanzas

Haiku is the only way

To speak like rad folks

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Is it too much of a fight to try to actually be who you think you are? It's certainly tough and is certain to be mentally and physically taxing, but what else can she do? Could you live your entire life pretending to be someone you aren't, Dyna? I'm pretty sure I couldn't and I'm pretty sure I would do the same thing if I were in her position.
    If someone told me I could make things far easier for myself by just putting on a pair of pants until I actually found a more open and accepting environment, I don't think I'd see a huge problem.

I'm not talking about bottling it up forever, but clearly Oboro is in a battle she can't win at the moment. She's been cast aside by friends, family, peers, and the administration that should protect.

Quixotic battles are romantic as hell on paper, but they completely suck when you're the one tilting at windmills.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    ALockslyALocksly Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Well, I gotta go play dodgeball now

Good luck Obs, Jeffe

better try and bleed the rage out so I don't cuncuss the little 'uns.

later

ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2006
    Incenjucar wrote:

Sorry.
    Yeah, me too.

Well, I mean, sorta. I'm still failing all my classes, but I'm no longer contemplating ill-advised activities involving razorblades and/or big handfuls of pills. One step at a time.

You okay, Sal? You've not been posting over here much, and I know you and I go after each other sometimes, but I didn't know things were going poorly with you. I hope it all comes together, bud.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    If someone told me I could make things far easier for myself by just putting on a pair of pants until I actually found a more open and accepting environment, I don't think I'd see a huge problem.

I'm not talking about bottling it up forever, but clearly Oboro is in a battle she can't win at the moment. She's been cast aside by friends, family, peers, and the administration that should protect.

Quixotic battles are romantic as hell on paper, but they completely suck when you're the one tilting at windmills.
    "Well-behaved women rarely make history."

Jinnigan on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Jinnigan wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:

While this is true, it's a matter of opportunity.

The crappy thing about being a martyr is that you have to die.

Oboro, if you don't mind me asking, what crap city are you in exactly?

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Jinnigan wrote:
    People that get beaten to death by ignorant jocks don't exactly set fire to the textbooks either.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:

To strive is to be human. Humans are born from the vita activa. We are creatures of deed and to deny that nature is to deny your own humanity. It shouldn't be a concern of whether you are comfortable now or will be comfortable in the future, but that you are eternally striving in ceaseless toil for the things and principles which define you.

But maybe you're right and maybe I am being a romantic. However, I'd rather be a romantic about things that are forever out of my reach than a cynic who forever is trapped by a prison of his own pessimism.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I've been doing pretty good actually. Sometimes good things do happen to good people.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:

To strive is to be human. Humans are born from the vita activa. We are creatures of deed and to deny that nature is to deny your own humanity. It shouldn't be a concern of whether you are comfortable now or will be comfortable in the future, but that you are eternally striving in ceaseless toil for the things and principles which define you.

But maybe you're right and maybe I am being a romantic. However, I'd rather be a romantic about things that are forever out of my reach than a cynic who forever is trapped by a prison of his own pessimism.
    I don't like getting hit by baseball bats. I'm frail like that. It already sounds like she's going to have to leave her school. Her way did not work for her current place and time. I hope she finds better luck elsewhere.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    I've been doing pretty good actually. Sometimes good things do happen to good people.
    That really doesn't explain anything when it comes to you, though.

tynic on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Irond Will wrote:
    Incenjucar wrote:

Sorry.
    Yeah, me too.

You okay, Sal? You've not been posting over here much, and I know you and I go after each other sometimes, but I didn't know things were going poorly with you. I hope it all comes together, bud.
    Yeah, over the course of this semester, my grandfather's gallbladder exploded and almost killed him, my grandmother was diagnosed with cancer, a couple of my best friends down here turned into unrepentant shits, classes got really fucking hard with no room to screw up (and then I screwed up, and then I got despondent and didn't go to class and fucked myself harder), and the first girl I've really been interested in in eighteen months is casually indifferent at best.

After catching myself chainsmoking and listening to Radiohead and thinking of whether or not offing myself would be so bad, really, and getting really fucking scared, went over to student counseling and got handed an initial diagnosis of generalized depression and anxiety. There's a tendancy towards that in my family - my mom was hospitalized for a couple weeks my Sophmore year of high school - so they're looking at getting me some mood-smoothers over the holidays, which will hopefully make me functional again. I just hope I haven't completely fucked myself academicaly.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    TheFarSide, I secretly love you. Would you like to go hiking in the scenic, vast hills of my vagina? You can live off the land and see the sights.
    No. I love my sig and will not change it. Tempt me not, foul...um, temptress.

Gim on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Radiohead is bad badmusicto listen to whislst depressed

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    tynic wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    I have not kicked Gus all day.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Radiohead is bad badmusicto listen to whislst depressed
    i wasn't aware that is was really an "upper" mood kindo f music, either

Jinnigan on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Yeah, over the course of this semester, my grandfather's gallbladder exploded and almost killed him, my grandmother was diagnosed with cancer, a couple of my best friends down here turned into unrepentant shits, classes got really fucking hard with no room to screw up (and then I screwed up, and then I got despondent and didn't go to class and fucked myself harder), and the first girl I've really been interested in in eighteen months is casually indifferent at best.

After catching myself chainsmoking and listening to Radiohead and thinking of whether or not offing myself would be so bad, really, and getting really fucking scared, went over to student counseling and got handed an initial diagnosis of generalized depression and anxiety. There's a tendancy towards that in my family - my mom was hospitalized for a couple weeks my Sophmore year of high school - so they're looking at getting me some mood-smoothers over the holidays, which will hopefully make me functional again. I just hope I haven't completely fucked myself academicaly.
    I'm glad you're getting help, Sal. I'm going through the same thing at the moment, so I'm right there with you. I'm glad the thoughts of suicide scared you. Having lived through that, I can tell you it is fucking scary as shit and it is not something anyone should ever have to live through. If you ever do need to talk, remember that you have a bunch of friends here on the PA forums. I'd be more than willing to listen to you and talk with you if you need it.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    OH. HELL. FUCKING. NO.

Dyna -- before you turn mean-spirited, you're on my side on this one.

Apparently the news about Aelous, the dog I dearly loved and raised, is not good. She's old, so it's sort of expected (she's more or less on borrowed time now) but I mean goddamn -- of all the heartbreaks, this one hurts the most...

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    tynic wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    I have not kicked Gus all day.
    HAHA. YOUR JOKE ISN'T FUNNY DOG-KICKER.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    mccmcc glitch Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Jinnigan wrote:
    People that get beaten to death by ignorant jocks don't exactly set fire to the textbooks either.
    Oh yeah, what about Jesus

mcc on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I just hope I haven't completely fucked myself academicaly.

You haven't.

It's really hard to do.

My first year of college, I think I got a 2.3 or something (massive giant series of anxiety issues; I was on zoloft for awhile not long after), and I had to quit and regroup and figure out who I was and what I wanted a bit. My degree's six months behind me now.

You'll survive a bad year. Don't let it worry you. Don't slack. But don't spaz either.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Haha oh God why did that make me laugh so hard

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    OH. HELL. FUCKING. NO.

Dyna -- before you turn mean-spirited, you're on my side on this one.

Apparently the news about Aelous, the dog I dearly loved and raised, is not good. She's old, so it's sort of expected (she's more or less on borrowed time now) but I mean goddamn -- of all the heartbreaks, this one hurts the most...
    Oh, yeah, and my dog is nearly blind, nearly deaf, and can barely walk. Bad country song, ho.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    This page is full of death. I can't blame it.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Hmm. I've been feeling alright lately but something seemed like it was... missing.

Now I'm sitting down and just listening to music, something I haven't done in a month. Everything just feels better now.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Very poor timing, Dyna. Them's the breaks.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    mcc wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Jinnigan wrote:
    Oh yeah, what about Jesus
    Man, I don't know where you've been, but I haven't heard of too many athletic Jews, unless you're talking about Sandy Koufax.

Dynagrip on
This discussion has been closed.