As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Well...ain't that pretty, who did that?

clownfoodclownfood packet pusherin the wallsRegistered User regular
edited April 2009 in Debate and/or Discourse
I just received a dresser that I commissioned a friend to paint for another friend's newborn kid. She did an amazing job for me yet again.

3475120778_22fc687458.jpg

3475120788_3271a9a5dc.jpg

Okay...so the eyes might give the kid a nightmare from time to time, but it is still some great work. The pictures don't show how stunning the background color is. My friends have seen her ability and have commissioned her to do various things such as wood burning logos into axe handles, sew up custom cribbage boards and do traditional canvas paintings. She is building quite the portfolio just from requests from my circle of friends.

This it got me thinking about some of the interesting art pieces people have. Not just that which you hang on your wall, but statues, sculptures, etc etc. Do you frequent local artists or lurk on ebay for potential treasures. And don't forget to share pictures of some of the great traditional and non-traditional art pieces that you own.

photo-4798.jpg?_r=1355437546
clownfood on

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    that is awesome

Xaquin on
  • Options
    CorlisCorlis Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Can't sleep; C'thulu will eat me.

:shock:

Corlis on
    But I don't mind, as long as there's a bed beneath the stars that shine,
    I'll be fine, just give me a minute, a man's got a limit, I can't get a life if my heart's not in it.
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    That is fantastic! In all honesty, the kid is going to cherish that when they are older.

I haven't gotten into my oil painting classes at school yet, but when I do I've had a hankering to paint furniture too.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm 23 and I'm not sure I'd be able to sleep with those eyes staring at me.

The rest of it is damn pretty though.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Painted brilliantly, but why in god's name would you paint that zoidberg looking thing with such an expression. He looks like he's about to murder the teddy bear.

Shogun on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Do the eyes glow in the dark? Because that would turn the awesome on this dresser up to 11.

Still, it takes a special kind of twisted to give a kid a dresser with a picture of a soul consuming eldritch abomination eating a teddy bear on it. I admire that kind of twisted.

see317 on
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Fuck if I ever have a kid, I want that dresser.

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    Fuck, I want that dresser.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'd like to applaud this thread title.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I Cthulhu holding the bear or is it in Cthulhu's belly pouch?

Couscous on