As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Roomwhores: 2009 Edition

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Why does he have so many tvs? Do people really argue that much over what to watch when he has these posh "dinner parties"?

Obviously each game console must have it's own big screen tv.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    hey stale

if I pay for shipping can I get that tv?

Raneados on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Why does he have so many tvs? Do people really argue that much over what to watch when he has these posh "dinner parties"?

It's so he can offer different genres of 'entertainment' at his 'dinner parties' - gonzo, twink barebacking, rape r/p etc.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I really, really dig the posters and prints they have for the Golden Gates National Parks in San Fran

Scroll down:

http://www.crissyfield.org/store/productlist.asp?cat=10&sub=10

Janson on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Stale wrote: »
    Butters wrote: »
    Ha ha ha! Stale, why do you still have so many TVs in your living area?

I don't anymore

the 56" is in the bedroom

and I haven't used that 42" plasma in at least 3 months, if not 4. It just sits there.

Next time I visit I'm taking it. I figure that after a few more months of you being there enough shit has piled up where I can start stealing from you like I always wanted.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    TheClarksterTheClarkster Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Faricazy wrote: »
    Fari, that is one badass poster.

I think I like that style. The only thing I have ever seen is the ones for old movie posters about Alcatraz, or that old Guiness poster with the bird and the man with big noses.
    Also Metropolis and The Rocketeer. I'm pretty sure the style falls under Art-Deco.

Oh man, I would kill for a sweet Rocketeer poster in my living room.

TheClarkster on
    Waka
    Waka

Flocka
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    My living room is always a mess though. The kid is 6 months old so I just put some blankets down and he rolls and crawls all over. So usually there are 3 blankets and a crapload of baby toys everywhere.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

I think I like that style. The only thing I have ever seen is the ones for old movie posters about Alcatraz, or that old Guiness poster with the bird and the man with big noses.
    Also Metropolis and The Rocketeer. I'm pretty sure the style falls under Art-Deco.

http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=The+Rocketeer+poster&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&_odkw=%22The+Rocketeer%22+%28poster%2Csheet%2Cquad%29&_osacat=0

20 bucks, dogg

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=The+Rocketeer+poster&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&_odkw=%22The+Rocketeer%22+%28poster%2Csheet%2Cquad%29&_osacat=0

20 bucks, dogg

he would also kill for 20 bucks.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    BYToady wrote: »

Obviously each game console must have it's own big screen tv.

actually, thats exactly what the setup was before moving here.

The 360 was on one, the ps3 on another, the wii on the third.

Thats when we had two living rooms and a game room.

I kind of miss that setup.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    my friend has an amazing steel reserve poster

satansfingers on
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Janson wrote: »
    Although, when you have it juuust perfect and then buy that one extra dvd, you're pretty screwed

this is the worst

if it's just one new thing i usually end up setting it on top of everything else in roughly its alphabetical home and then redo everything once i get five or six such floaters

Once I tried organizing about ten years' worth of National Geographics. The pile worked about through 2001, now it looks something like what was described above

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    my friend has an amazing steel reserve poster

A steel reserve poster would fucking rock.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I have too much clothes and no built in wardrobe, which is horrible because I want new furniture but freestanding wardrobes are the most expensive pieces.

Oden on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    BYToady wrote: »

20 bucks, dogg

he would also kill for 20 bucks.

Who do I need to kill.

TheClarkster on
    Waka
    Waka

Flocka
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I do love that closets are so prevalent in the US

Janson on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    My sister has some posters of NYC and Grand Central and other things in her place to remind her of home. I think my brother's only piece of wall art is a print of "Nighthawks" by his dinner table, and it's about 4 inches, not including a thick black border around it. You can't see it unless you're eating, which is pretty smart, if you think about it. His DVDs are in sideways milk crates, and his entertainment center looked like a collapsible picnic table.

I only hope I have their ingenuity if/when I move out. But as a jobless student currently living back at home, I feel like I've lost a few years on them.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    They're prevalent here too, assuming your house wasn't built forty years ago like mine was.

Oden on
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    i have no posters nor decorations

a desk and two bookshelves

a lamp

a bed

what a boring asshole

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    They're nowhere in the UK

Most UK houses really lack decent storage space

Our apartment now is smaller than any of the houses I've lived in in the UK, but somehow we've managed to store so much more

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Moriveth wrote: »
    They're nowhere in the UK

Most UK houses really lack decent storage space

Our apartment now is smaller than any of the houses I've lived in in the UK, but somehow we've managed to store so much more

Is the secret love?

Also, anyone know any shops that sell posters in NYC/Brooklyn?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    My apartment is like 650 square feet has a completely disproportionate amount of closet space. The bedroom is also kind of big.

I'd rather have a bigger living room - if I can clean it up here and get some pictures you could see why.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Do you people ever just go crazy and toss out everything when you move? cause I'm trying to figure out what I'd do with all my shit if I moved out. My friend says sell it all on the CraigsList, and be sure to include "interesting trades considered", but I'd just be afraid of getting gypped. I have no sense of value regarding how much something is worth.

It's probably why I suck at TPIR.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited April 2009
    I have a lonely queen sized bed that takes up most of my room and an antique desk in the corner that I rarely use because I'm a shitty student.

Oden on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    My apartment is like 650 square feet has a completely disproportionate amount of closet space. The bedroom is also kind of big.

I'd rather have a bigger living room - if I can clean it up here and get some pictures you could see why.

aw don't clean up, show us how you live

Raneados on
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Do you people ever just go crazy and toss out everything when you move? cause I'm trying to figure out what I'd do with all my shit if I moved out. My friend says sell it all on the CraigsList, and be sure to include "interesting trades considered", but I'd just be afraid of getting gypped. I have no sense of value regarding how much something is worth.

When I moved I threw out about 95% of what I owned. Pretty much everything out of a 3500 sq ft house.

I filled a 20-yard dumpster because no charities would come pick up furniture and household goods. So, it all went in the landfill.

Hey, I tried.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The missus and I have the greatest coffee table in the world. It is huuuuge and stout, most likely of Dwarven design. If there was an earthquake or nuclear explosion, you would be safe under this thing. We actually stand/walk/dance/jump on it all the time, since the floor is more likely to give than it.

What I'm trying to say is, our coffee table is awesome.
    Except for stubbing toes D:

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009

You're considering throwing it away just because you don't want to take it, but are afraid you'll get ripped off if you sell it via craigslist. Thats a pretty silly thing to worry about man.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    edited April 2009

on the rare occasion that my room requires cleaning I'll just fill and entire garbage bag with shit that I don't care about anymore and throw it all in the bin

I did it so frequently for a while that I don't have anything left to toss out

Oden on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    this is a great time for this thread!

I'm just about finished redecorating my bedroom.

room1.jpg

Here is my new desk, you can see my Mac Mini sitting ontop of those baller studio speakers

room2m.jpg

This is where the magic doesn't happen enough. Note the signed, framed Penny Arcade "Day at the Beach" poster, it's only a place holder until I get a nice piece for that feature wall.

room3d.jpg
    My new bookshelves, taking the place of the ugly, old busted shelves I just threw out. These ones are half as deep and make the room feel so much bigger. That little spot on the floor where the shoes are is, as of next week, going to be occupied by this

photoeqk.jpg

Which opens up and I'm gonna put my shoes and bags in it.

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    pipe are mac minis any good and also is that abbey road picture a big clear sticker?

Oden on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Why is your bed traveling at hundreds of miles per hour in that last photo?

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Oden wrote: »
    pipe are mac minis any good and also is that abbey road picture a big clear sticker?

Seconding the Abbey Road picture request.

TheClarkster on
    Waka
    Waka

Flocka
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    That is quite the spiffy room, and answer the question about that sticker-thing, it is pretty cool.

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009

I've moved at least once a year for the past eight years. I throw a good amount away but I've also retained quite a lot.

When I came over to the US I thought really seriously about what I'd have to take as obviously I had to pay to ship it all over. I was stern with myself and gave away all the books I didn't think I'd re-read (about 120 or so), but as you can see from our shelves (90% of the stuff on the white shelves is mine) I kept quite a few books and DVDs. My justification was it'd take more effort and money to try and sell things and then re-buy them in the states than it would to pay for the shipping.

I also brought over a nice set of plates, which fortunately didn't break, a box of important personal papers, and about half a box worth full of small, miscellaneous items (things like incense and incense burner, jewellery, photo box, etc.). But notebooks/sketchbooks, various small ornaments I'd received in Christmas stockings or as presents, stuff that had little monetary value and was bulky, went.

For about 180 DVDs, 200 books, and the above mentioned items, I paid ~$500 shipping, which I didn't think was at all bad. The price of a flight, basically.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Raneados wrote: »
    ASimPerson wrote: »

aw don't clean up, show us how you live

I get the idea, but I had literally one objective for today other than not dying and that was to clean my apartment. It's almost 10:00 and I just finished the first part (shredding junk mail and sorting out stuff I can recycle).

Step two is cleaning my fucking coffee table. There's like 4 soda cans and a mountain of papers on it.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Those last couple posts were made by Rachel.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    D'aw look at that panda!

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Janiveth postin' in here

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'm diggin' that lamp, but I bet it is from Ikea.

Fuck Ikea lamps and their awful light bulbs.

Oden on