As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mustachealalia++] MUSTACHES ALL THE TIME

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    arghhhh
    I really don't like this planet one bit
    ignore that last part

Antimatter on
  • Options
    BearstranautBearstranaut Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Gary screams right back, except louder and higher-pitched - eyes wild and brimming with crazy, arms thrown back and crooked forward at the elbow

Bearstranaut on
    You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ah, and with regards to using it once or twice to avoid being obnoxious, you've nailed exactly what I always disliked about firefly. Whenever they curse in Chinese or whatever I feel like "hey that doesn't sound right at all." and it sounds soooo out of place in the dialogue and distracts me from the story.

The only thing that bugged me about the Chinese was the fact that they only used it when they swore. If anything shouldn't they revert to their native language when they're in a tense situation?

Also a lot of the characters spoke with western slang but didn't have the accompanying dialect, so it came out weird. Jayne was fine all the time, but Kaylee and Mal sorta flipped back and forth between sounding awkward and sounding natural. Kaylee especially sounded weird a lot. It's like, people don't annunciate if they're using words like "ain't."

I really liked the bad guy in the last episode, and got disappointed when I realized it wasn't the same guy in Serenity.

Also dammit they should've made an episode about Book before getting canceled! They drop hints from episode one that he's got some sort of crazy story going on and never once do they shed light on it! ARGH

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    i'm pretty sure the only actor I really liked in Firefly was Jayne. being a baldwin is good actor grooming i guess!

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    "Do you guys have any idea who the fuck I am? I'm fucking Lo Mari Esco! Famous music mogul and titan of industry! I don't own mansions, I OWN PLANETS, BITCHES! I've experienced a d'Reatian pleasure knot! I...I...."

NeoToma on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    i'm pretty sure the only actor I really liked in Firefly was Jayne. being a baldwin is good actor grooming i guess!

Jayne was easily the best, but I thought Book, Simon and Mal all had good performances too.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The Syph and Jenai psiblades are powered by Adept Implants, remember? All manceric effects are boosted in this place.

Also, the creature's aren't really an illusion, they just don't exist on an atomic level.

Goddamnit, people, just step into the Burning Tomorrow like everyone else has.

[Gary, Matt, and Loeli]
    The creature stops screaming and sits back down.

[Speed]
    Speed exits the car and flips open the hood. The engine is torn apart. Half of it has been replaced with blood and bits of bone. It will not go fast like this. It is not whole. It is a fractured thing, its repairs done haphazardly. It is also on fire.

It will never be fast like this.

[Locth]
    Locth reaches for his suit lights, but cannot activate them, due to his sudden nakedness.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    fine, Matt does just that

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    well geez I didn't know if you had more to these creatures. geez.

Loeli trips on a branch and falls into the fire because why the hell would someone get in a fire?

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Gary pisses the fire out.

Bearstranaut on
    You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Locth retreats back to the small metal room and shuts the door.

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    haha, I love Speed's, uh, visionquest. It will not go fast like this.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Gary pisses the fire out.

See this is what I was waiting for. The fire is gonna follow his piss back isn't it.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    "Only ME can prevent forest fires," he shouts, pissing on the fire.

Bearstranaut on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Speed realizes that it's his missing half in the car and collapses, pounding his steel arm against the engine. He's lost Ylkrek, he's lost his arm. He'll never be fast again.

No.

With an infuriated growl, Speed lifts his left arm to where metal and flesh meet at his shoulder, and digs in, trying to rip it off.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    NeoToma wrote: »
    "Do you guys have any idea who the fuck I am? I'm fucking Lo Mari Esco! Famous music mogul and titan of industry! I don't own mansions, I OWN PLANETS, BITCHES! I've experienced a d'Reatian pleasure knot! I...I...."

Tomarli let's out a dissappointed sigh.

Fed up with this bullshit, Tomarli decides to climb up on one of these people and see what's so great. Also those....um, er, Shadow-Haters , yea that's a good word, are soooooo annoying.

NeoToma on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I am so disappointed in you right now, Bear. You're in time out until you can learn to behave.

[Matt]
    Matt steps into the fire.

He awakens in a burning city. Bodies lie all around him, and the sky above is on fire. There was no justice to these people's deaths. There was no one here to save them. There were no heroes in this city. No one who valued courage over life.

The bodies hate Matt. They hate him for not saving them.

[Loeli]
    Loeli steps into the fire.

Loeli awakens in a darkened space. A small, streamlined computer console sits in front of her, its processor clicking and grinding quietly as it works.

[Locth]
    Locth slams the door. His little sister is sitting on the cot, blood running down her smiling face.

"Hello, Loccy," she says, happily.

[Tomarli]
    Tomarli begins to climb the person next to him. The person continues to ignore Tomarli as he slowly scales it.

Tomarli stands on the man's shoulders, looking out over the crowd. There is a stage in the distance. Tomarli is on the stage. The people are laughing at him. They are laughing at him as he burns, his skin peeling back away from his endotrunk, his roots withering and drying up. They are laughing so hard that they ache with each breathe. They are laughing themselves to death.

The things love their laughter.

[Speed]
    Speed gains a .
    Speed's fingers sink into the seam of the prosthetic, drawing thick streams of glowing blood. A drop of the red liquid hits the fire, causing it to sputter and dim.

It hurts. It hurts so much.

But Speed needs the car to go fast again.

Speed needs to go fast.

Gritting his teeth, Speed tears the arm from his shoulder, blood pouring out onto the asphalt in a brilliant cascade of glowing crimson. The arm clatters to the ground as Speed doubles over in pain, his head swimming from the blood loss.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Loeli examines the unit as well as her surroundings. Does her suit's light show anything? If she ended up naked like the others, she doesn't do that.

Is the computer console something she can interface with? What does it seem to be working on?

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    "WHO DID THIS TO YOU‽ TELL ME SO THAT I MAY AVENGE YOU!"

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Struggling to remain standing, Speed pulls the bone fragments out of the engine, then places the mechanical arm where they were. Focusing as deeply as his swimming head will allow, Speed tries to force the skorokov to reshape into the missing half of the engine.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    die hard avenger

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Also since I just hit five cool points again do I get a new schema or do I have to hit 10 for that to happen?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    oh poo.

do I have to wear the pointy cap?

Bearstranaut on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Locth walks over and sits on the cot next to her. He looks into her face, trying to see where the blood is coming from.
    "I'm sorry," he says.

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Wow Speed, way to kill yourself.
    It seems like Tommy is the only one that's having a good time.

Tommy runs into the glade and starts dancing and climbing and swimming and skipping like he did when he was part of his group of Theo-Naturalists.

Before the combat began.

Those were the days.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Look at Matt

gettin' all fancy with the interrobang.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    DE?AD, what's the current status of the Reavens in the universe? Like have they all been destroyed, are they still attacking colonies, etc.

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Look at Matt

gettin' all fancy with the interrobang.

well, there's one in DE?AD's title, so I figured why not? Looks better than an exclamation point AND a question mark.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'll be slightly upset if I miss mine. I'll be on between 6-7.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I do kinda wish I would stop (almost) dying!

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Has anyone seen YaYa's av?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    FINE.

FINE.

GARY STEPS IN THE GOD DAMN FIRE YOU FUCKER.

Bearstranaut on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Seriously, Bear, is something wrong? Do you not enjoy LSD-world?

You don't get another one until 10, Speed.

There are still Reavens around, Lock. They occasionally attack colony worlds.

[Matt]
    The bodies raise a gnarled hand. They point down the street, where the streetlights have gone out, and the fires turn a horrid red. There is something down there, Matt can feel it now. It dwells in the destruction of this place. It thrives on the cries of the hopeless. It exalts in a world without heroes.

[Loeli]
    Loeli finds herself very naked. Not even her skorokov came with her through the fire.

The computer is processing something. It is processing her life. It is slowly collating the data of her existence, weighing the variables, accessing the value of her being. There is a progress bar inching across the screen.

There is an interface port, but Loeli finds her subdermal jack missing. Her implants are gone.

[Locth]
    The blood is pouring out from somewhere above her hairline, cascading down her shoulders and pooling on the bed.

She beams at Locth. "You should have died with us. You didn't deserve to survive, Loccy. You know that."

[Speed]
    Speed forces the mechanical arm into the hole in the engine, and collapses.

The sound of Ytlkrek's crying wakes him, and he pulls himself into a sitting position. His right arm hurts.

Ytlkrek stands in front of the car, pounding her hands on the hood.

[Tommy]
    Tommy frolics in the glade. He could stay here forever. He could fade away and be happy.

[Gary]
    Gary steps through the fire.

He awakens in a bright room of ivory metal, resting in a comfortable chair of artificial leather. Across from him, the Urson woman sits in an identical chair, her legs crossed, resting her hands in her lap, her dress burning with the light of a sun.

"Hello, Gary," she says flatly. "I've stopped this place from accessing your mind, Gary. I'm protecting, Gary."

She pauses for a moment, tilting her head slightly. "How are things, Gary?"

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    "I swear, with one Psimitar slash, they'll see what vengeance means." Matt dashes towards where they point.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Hahahahahaha

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Hahahahahaha

it had to be done. I do not feel guilty whatsoever.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Tommy continues to frolic. The things can't get him in here....
    My friends..
    Tommy suddenly stops frolicing.
    In every vision quest I've ever been on, there was always a purpose....
    Tommy sits down in the glade, and, closing his eyes, trys to find his purpose in being here...

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I can only hope that Matt and his counterpart end up yelling the opening lines to Sons of Fate at each other.

"Ytlkrek?" he sputters out weakly. Realizing the pain that he's feeling is in his right arm, Speed tries to flex his fingers and lift his hand in front of his face as he tries to climb to his feet.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Oh no, I just wanted to beat it playing by my own rules

I love LSD world.

"Well - how do I know that? You could just be saying that because my mind has in fact been accessed. I am very clever, you see.

But I guess that really is a non issue. Where am I?"

Bearstranaut on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    "No. If I didn't deserve to live, I would've died." Locth brushes her hair back. "Death saw me. And he moved on."

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
This discussion has been closed.