As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Is my 360 headed towards the light?

Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
edited May 2009 in Games and Technology
I have just recently encountered an error/odd behavior with my 360 that makes me think it might be close to death. I started it up the other day and the Xbox logo came up but there were red lines/squares all over the screen. Then the lower right quadrant of the ring went red and I got an E71 error message. Turned it off/on again and the same thing happened but I got an E79 error message. After some quick googling, I found out that this is some sort of harddrive error and that it can sometimes occur when a Live update gets corrupted. The link I found suggested holding down the sync button as I start the console to remove any partial updates. I did this and it started up just fine.

Cut to today. I sat down to play through the Wolverine demo again and about halfway through it, the screen went black. No controller buttons were responding. I turned it off and haven't turned it on since. Any thoughts?

Vi Monks on

• Options
    edited May 2009
    No one have any experience with this?

Vi Monks on
  • Options
    JelloblimpJelloblimp Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Turn it on again & see what happens?
    Then there is this mega-thread that maybe could help: How Many 360s have YOU gone through?

Jelloblimp on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    zerocountzerocount Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Not sure if this helps at all: I did have a weird issue with the Wolverine demo... the colouring was all a little bit off, and all of the shaded dark/black areas were filled with a purply-blue noise/static. Turned it off, made sure the video connector was secure, restarted it, and all was well.

zerocount on
  • Options
    pajamaheadpajamahead Registered User new member
    edited May 2009
    my friend had the same error, except his xbox would not work ever, it would only give that error when he powered it on. he contacted MS and it required a repair.

pajamahead on
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    zerocount wrote: »
    Not sure if this helps at all: I did have a weird issue with the Wolverine demo... the colouring was all a little bit off, and all of the shaded dark/black areas were filled with a purply-blue noise/static. Turned it off, made sure the video connector was secure, restarted it, and all was well.

GPU is starting to go. Happened to me when I was playing Assassin's Creed and cleared up after a restart for a while. Then on the next boot it went E74, one red ring. At least it's warrantied the same way as the 3RROD now.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    zerocount wrote: »

GPU is starting to go. Happened to me when I was playing Assassin's Creed and cleared up after a restart for a while. Then on the next boot it went E74, one red ring. At least it's warrantied the same way as the 3RROD now.

Well sucks that it's going downhill but at least it's covered. Will it still be covered if I have misplaced my receipt?

Thanks for the responses, guys.

Vi Monks on