As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Glossolalia ++] The Melancholy of Dubh McStubblylegs

DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
edited May 2009 in Social Entropy++

Starring:
Captain Gary Thrustwaist
First Mate Dubh McStubblylegs
Chief of Security Matt Scorp
Co-helmsman Tommy Wings
Nano-tech Engineer Loeli
Archivist Locth D'Out
Helmsman Speed Racer
Senior Marketing Manager Tomarli
New Hire: Dux
New Hire: Foghorne

Seasons 1-5 now on DVD and Blu-ray!
[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]

Soundtrack coming soon!

Previously on The Adventures Of The Ursa Majoris:
Speed opens a private commlink to Matt.

"This is our chance to execute on our intentions! While the others are busy exploring the new ship we can sneak back aboard the Ursa and leave."

Matt sneaks aboard, then closes the ship's door.
"I'm breaking out of here tonight."

Speed takes the helm and prepares to disconnect the two ships.

Speed guns the Ursa Majoris' engines and throws the ship into drive, tearing away from the pillow-craft, and snapping the duraplex docking-tube that linked the two vessels together.

Matt strolls onto the bridge and settles down into the captain's chair as the Slümbjörg ship disappears from the rear viewscreen.

Loeli darts to the bridge of the pillow-ship, but by the time she powers the ship up and warms its space-drive, the Ursa is already long-gone. her shoulders slump as they disappear from the pastel-colored Local-Traffic-Indicator.

In slow-motion, the rest of the crew make it to the Pillow-bridge, the camera closing in for a reaction shot of each of their faces as they realize they've been betrayed, that the Ursa is gone.

Far away, the Ursa Majoris passes through an Urson Pathway and vanishes.

Tomarli falls to his knees and screams "Sons of Bi-

[Map of Captain Thrustwaist's Ursa Majoris]
UM1.png
UM2.png
UM3.png

[Map of Redeemed]
KesserakLancer.png

Now, the Continuation:
[Aboard the Slümbjörg Ship]
-cthes!"

Loeli brings the power up on the Slümbjörg ship's engines, but finds that they're rather under-built - it looks as if it was designed for, at most, inter-planetary travel. It's barely a spaceship, and it doesn't have nearly the fuel-depth required for system-wide travel. No wonder the thing was drifting so much - it was conserving energy.

You're afloat. The nearest Pathway or world is at least three days away, and you've only got a half-a-day's worth of fuel. You can get there drifting, but it'll take three, four months.

A ship of darkest black slides out of the dark like a blade pulled from a day-old wound.

The SECond Savior pulls up alongside the Slümbjörg pillow-ship.

A comm blasts its way through the ship's priority-systems. "Seems like you fellas could use a ride."

[Aboard the Ursa Majoris]
The Ursa Majoris emerges from the Pathway.

Speed lands the stolen vessel on Utaral, a small planet on the edge of the Syterei System that only rcently got its Urson Pathway up and running, and only then due to its convenient location between two of the longer Path-trails. Mr. Racer brings the craft down in a tiny port-and-tourism town on the tip of the southernmost continent, opting to dock in the ocean and avoid the rental fee for the nearby space-port.

DE?AD on

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Dubh stirs within his cardboard box. Space cardboard.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Locth sleeps on in the crew quarters.

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    God. Damnit.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited May 2009
    t Dubh - the Japaninites have some pretty decent mustache options:
    2766560331_cfb9a86d80.jpg

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Princess-bride-cary-elwes-dread-pirate-roberts.jpg

That is... eerie, Scarlet.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited May 2009
    Loeli takes a seat, exasperated. "Did not see that coming. Son of a bitch. Ungrateful son of a bitch." She looks up as the SECond ship rolls up and shakes her head. "Could this get any worse?"

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • BearstranautBearstranaut Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    to SECond:

"Shit yeah, Montesquieu! It's Matt you want - right? Because I will totally kill him, super absolutely. No problem. Really. You headed my way or not?"

Bearstranaut on
    You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    DE?AD wrote: »

Tomarli falls to his knees and screams "Sons of Bi-

-rches!

Birch. It's a kind of tree, I think. "

NeoToma on
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    [Aboard the Pillow-Craft]
    The SECond Savior attaches a docking tube and tethers itself to the craft.

"Matt's... inconsequential to us," Thieresai coos over the comms. "Not that I wouldn't mind gutting him, you understand. It's just not Priority Alpha.

"I do believe we're goin' your way though, Captain, whichever way that might be." There is a warning beep from the pillow-console as the SECond Savior brute-hacks the airlock open. "Now whats say we get you off that rickety little boat, eh?"

DE?AD on
    edited May 2009
    Loeli stands, dusts some pillow fluff off of her shoulder, and awaits Gary's move. "Sir, if they do not want Matt, then what are they after? Be cautious, sir!" she whispers.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Damn. Dubh was out of whiskey.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    "Captain, do you want me to just gun the engine while they're still in the airlock?", Tommy says, hovering over the controls

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Gary addresses the crew -

"Looks like we're hitchin', boys. You comin' or what?"

Gary asks a single question, but his inflection denotes multiple levels to the answer he will be receiving. It is at this point that perhaps Tommy, Tomarli, Loeli, (Locth?) and The New Hires are to question their loyalties, or at least their motives.
    Gary was very much prepared to blow up the Ursa, his own ship, and the handful of innocents aboard. He is obviously going to kill Matt and Speed - and may still blow up his own ship just for kicks.

Bearstranaut on
    You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    "Tha-is that a yes?"

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Loeli salutes him and moves to the airlock.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Gary might have to die. D:

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited May 2009
    Well, there's almost no way everyone's gonna live after this schism, to be fair.

edit: or at least stay the same

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited May 2009
    "Tommy you are at negative icecreams," Gary says on his way to the airlock.

Bearstranaut on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    "I have no idea", Tommy reports back.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited May 2009
    That was a pretty dick move by Matt and Speed. They coulda just left at the next port.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited May 2009
    Pff.

Everyone knows bears have nine lives.

Bearstranaut on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    Gary's probably died over twenty times. Lives no longer apply.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited May 2009
    "Loeli please contact the Urson and arrange for us a....workforce," Gary mutters.

Bearstranaut on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    "Something tells me it will have to wait till after we are away from SECond, sir," Loeli responds, worried about what to expect.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited May 2009
    "Whatever you say bossman" Tomarli replies as he follows the captian.

Then, being the enterprising little sneak he is, Tomarli seizes a chance to move up a rank before anyone else notices.

"By the way, Oh Cap-i-tan, I can be First Mate? Dubhs gone, probably in cohoots with those traitorious humans. Matt and Speed are far to noble to try an pull this kind of shit. They woulda challenged you to a duel or race or something gay like that."

NeoToma on
    edited May 2009
    [Aboard the Pillow-Ship]
    Walking toward the airlock, you find yourself greeted by Thieresai in a pair of pair of gray fatigues and a black tanktop. She leans against the door frame, obviously unarmed. "Welcome aboard, Captain Thrustwaist," she says, saluting half-heartedly. She nods in greeting to the others.

The interior of the SECond Savior is very much like its exterior - sleek, curvy black lines tipped with sharp angles and polished to a near mirror sheen, pale blue lights running along the floor and ceiling. The smell of ozone, leather oil, and gun metal fills the recycled air, and the engine hums menacingly in the background. The ship bucks slightly as you step aboard - it's not a large vessel, certainly, probably a bit smaller than the Ursa in truth, but its been designed with thin walls and large corridors that make it feel a bit roomier.

"Welcome to the SECond Savior, my home away from... Well, who the hell am I kidding? This is my only damn home," Thieresai says, slapping Gary on the back and leading the way further into the ominous ship.

DE?AD on
    edited May 2009
    Tommy follows Gary, grabbing one of the pillows and stuffing it into his bag just in case.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited May 2009
    If Loeli dies i'm playing an alien from a planet of Blaculas.

He'll have a mustache for sure.

A black mustache.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited May 2009
    "Nice try, Zarflax," Gary calls back to Tomarli.

Dubh couldn't have had anything to do with this - could he?

"It's...good? to see you again Thieresai - I apologize that it was necessary to totally ruin you on the battlefield - I mean, it was awesome, but...still. My bad?"

Gary looks down awkwardly at the floor.

"Can we get going?"

Bearstranaut on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    NeoToma wrote: »

Then, being the enterprising little sneak he is, Tomarli seizes a chance to move up a rank before anyone else notices.

"By the way, Oh Cap-i-tan, I can be First Mate? Dubhs gone, probably in cohoots with those traitorious humans. Matt and Speed are far to noble to try an pull this kind of shit. They woulda challenged you to a duel or race or something gay like that."

Dubh counts his knives. One. Two. Three. Four. What's this? Five? Where the hell did that one come from?

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited May 2009
    Dubh wrote: »
    NeoToma wrote: »

Dubh counts his knives. One. Two. Three. Four. What's this? Five? Where the hell did that one come from?

hahaha

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Eager to hear the catch this time, haha

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited May 2009
    [Aboard the SECond Savior]
    "Don't mention it. Ancient history," Thieresai says flippantly, leading Gary through an automated door and into a rounded chamber. A large blue ball of glass set into the ceiling fills the chamber with a pale light, causing your eyes to ache slightly as they try, and fail, to adapt to the darkness. Several utilitarian-looking chairs have been set up around the room, and a large, low-lying table sits in the middle of what space is left. "Have a seat," she says, indicating a large chair at the end of the table.

Thieresai drops into a seat at the foot of the table and props her boots up. "So, Mr. Thrustwaist. Where was it you wanted to go?"

It suddenly strikes you as a little creepy that you haven't seen anyone else on the ship.

DE?AD on
    edited May 2009
    Hey dead, where are we?
    And by we, I mean everyone but Gary.

Also, I'm halfway temped to hijack the pillow ship.
    That way it's just Gary by his lonesome.
    I mean, other than Thieresai.
    Then again, Thieresai will have probably killed him by the time we make the jump.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Presumably you all followed Gary, and are in the room aboard the SECond Savior.

DE?AD on
    edited May 2009
    Tommy do you read any posts ever

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Gary prefers to stand.

"Well - that's a super good question."
    Gary calls to Loeli -
    "If they had the appropriate instruments, can't you track the minute debris ejected by the Ursa's engines? Is that something you could super do?"
    "Unless," Gary drawls, turning back towards Theiresai -

"Unless you've been tracking the Ursa all along."

Bearstranaut on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    Tommy do you read any posts ever

I drift in and out

In all seriousness, the way Dead was narrating from the first person, I wasn't sure if it was generalized, or just Gary or what.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited May 2009
    "YEA! Is this what you do now? Just follow us around waiting for us to mutainy?

Because, yaknow, that's actually not to horrible of an idea. In fact, respect your foresight."

NeoToma on
    edited May 2009
    There's that Malkavian precognition, again, Bear.

Dubh decides that he's gonna need a bargaining chip.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

This discussion has been closed.