As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Glossolalia ++] The Melancholy of Dubh McStubblylegs

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    DE?AD wrote: »
    So what is the crew of the Ursa Majoris doing, then?

I kinda agree with Loeli about the whole feud thing. I tried to give Matt a whole excuse for stayin' with the crew and cooperatin' an' all, but nooOOoooo.

I take full responsibility. I've just been pissed off at everything and was taking it out on the game. I apologize fully and sincerely.

Antimatter on
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    It doesn't really help that I have no idea where Matt is going with this.

The problem is I really don't want to kill of Speed and Ytlkrek. I've already saved Mr. Scorp once, and don't feel quite as bad about that.

I'm sort of at a loss.

DE?AD on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009

The problem is I really don't want to kill of Speed and Ytlkrek. I've already saved Mr. Scorp once, and don't feel quite as bad about that.

I'm sort of at a loss.

He just wants to see what happened to everyone he knew. That's it. After that, he's going back to the crew.

Antimatter on
  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    De?ad, Loeli is all for extracting revenge and burning speed alive in his car just as he crosses the finish line (because a cruel death will have the best impact at that point)

I'm saying as a player I don't enjoy the prospect. Players' opinions of each other are bound to change, even if it is just role playing. Nobody's perfect. Me, scarlet, as a player, is saying I don't wanna deal with this.

I dunno. Maybe I'll just take a break till you guys figure out what's going on.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Antimatter wrote: »

I'm sort of at a loss.

He just wants to see what happened to everyone he knew. That's it. After that, he's going back to the crew.

Anti, unless Matt is REALLY retarded (thought he was just fakin it), he'll realize he isn't just gonna 'go back to the crew'
    I mean, i'm sitting here trying to wrap my mind around a situation in which they don't get killed... or kill Gary. Neither of which I want to roleplay.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited May 2009
    I completely understand, Scarlet.

I'm trying to figure out a way to fix it, but nothing's jumping out at me at the moment.

I can think of one, but I'm not totally sure about it, as it is stolen from the pages of the very worst comic retcons.

DE?AD on
    edited May 2009
    And it'd be dumb to just retcon this. I mean, there's gotta be some sort of conclusion. I just don't wanna be a part of it. I love playing loeli because she's so awkward, but I got a backup. I really don't care how it concludes. I just wanna go back to fun adventuring and reasonable character development.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Same here. Let's get back to adventuring. But seriously, it makes no sense for Speed to go stealing the ship like that, with Matt. None at all.

See, Speed could have left at the next planet. So could Matt. The ship theft was totally unnecessary.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    edited May 2009
    To be honest i'm not arguing that speed and matt wouldn't have done this! I mean, they might have!

I just don't want to deal with a fallout that great because I dig you dudes and it is kind of a shitty thing to spend a good deal of time trying to kill another guy's character. also metagaming will probably increase like 9000%. and metagaming is the worst.

at any rate i'm gonna think about my blacula just in case some shit goes down.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited May 2009
    It really was a dickish thing to do. Very cinematic, but still dickish. Unfortunately, it has happened now, and we must find a way to deal with it.

I'm half tempted to just let Speed and Matt run off on their own, with the Urson chasing them - Avoiding the inevitably fatal reunion until it is perhaps somewhat less inevitably fatal. This seems unsatisfactory even to me.

I say we have everyone weigh in on the issue.

How will this little quarrel end?

I could just have the Urson workforce kill them off off-screen, and Matt can roll up a new character or not as he so chooses. Perhaps a mysterious Racer Z (and partner Racer Y) could join the crew of the Majoris.

Like I said, I'm at a loss.

What do you guys think?

DE?AD on
  • LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    what was here was dumb

it now isn't here anymore

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I have no idea how but I would love for this to end with the crew back together and no player vs. player fighting!

It ended up that I had to make a decision between doing what my character would actually do and what I would prefer to have happen as a player, and I went with the former choice, maybe for the worse!

Speed Racer on
    edited May 2009
    the problem is partly that shit happened that crew got very divisive over

i mean, you can entirely blame players because they're just doing what their characters would do, and part of what makes this so great is that people do their characters so well

that said, I have no idea how this can resolve peacefully. maybe intervention by a higher authority? beats me

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Fuck it. No more PvP crew killing ship stealing bullshit. If Matt and Speed want to go adventure on their own, let 'em.

Let's just get back to doing stuff.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited May 2009
    Lockout, that is a stupid action. Are our characters children with guns, or something?

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I am more than willing to have Speed killed off and/or written out of the story if that's what it takes. I have another character lined up.

Speed Racer on
    edited May 2009
    Dubh wrote: »
    Lockout, that is a stupid action. Are our characters children with guns, or something?

It was also a joke.

Speed Racer on
    edited May 2009

man it never actually happened, it was just like daydream thing

sorry, it's gone

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Sorry. I'm just REALLY tired of the drama stuff and want to get back to adventuring.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Wait, did Locth just kill himself?

And why do I have crayons?

EDIT: Oh, nevermind then

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Sorry. I'm just REALLY tired of the drama stuff and want to get back to adventuring.

yeah, agreed

really, really sorry about that, it was a really stupid thing to do

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
    edited May 2009
    GM is Processing [|||-----]

DE?AD on
    edited May 2009
    We can't wait on tomorrow for Antimatter.

I wanna hear if Speed (the forumer) has any ideas.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited May 2009
    Well, as Dubh and others have stated, we just wanna get back to adventuring. BUT that puts a lot of shit on De?ad's plate. I mean, we've all put a lot into our characters, but he's also put quite a bit into this entire universe.

None of us want to retcon the whole universe since we all seem to quite enjoy it and the possibilities that the space opera realm offers, so we're going to have to come to some sort of consensus on how this might end without relying on De?ad as the GM to just make everything work out.

What kinda of things are people thinking? It'd be nice to have Bear, Anti, and Speed weigh in on it since they're major players in what went down.
    With Dubh being 'wherever he wants to be' we, as players, have a sort of wild card in helping De?ad to resolve the issue.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Barring what DE?AD says,

Dubh gets bomb ready midflight and locks down the ship (afterall, he's First Mate).
    Speed gets a change of heart.
    Locth is all 'WTF?'
    And Matt... that won't be pretty.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited May 2009
    also, it sounds like Speed and Anti both dislike the course in which their characters have gone with that one and also want to get back to adventuring.

I dunno. A lot of us also have backup characters. It's not like it'd be the best solution to have any character die, but we've gotta figure out how to get past this.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • sedosedo Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Here's a short-term fix: have something big and bad happen, to both groups. Some more immediate concern that gives us a reason to turn away from this pvp nonsense.

We can work out a longer-term solution later. Personally I don't want any of the characters to get axed, I like all of them.

edit: suggestion summary: these are problems for future us to deal with. let those chumps sort it out.

sedo on
    edited May 2009
    I second Dubh's idea.

Becasue this whole PvP thing just ends bady every time.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited May 2009
    PvP in something like this should only be accomplished with checkmates. Easier to deal with.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited May 2009
    Two Words

Time.
    Machine.

Wait, this idea seems familiar...
    EDIT: Also, if we all do die. I call dibs on Captain. Scarlet can be AI as long as she obeys her three laws for once.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Damnit, I wish Speed would weigh in.

I've got one idea for a fix, but it is not going to be pretty.

DE?AD on
    edited May 2009
    Wait, did Locth just kill himself?

And why do I have crayons?

EDIT: Oh, nevermind then

you have crayons because Tommy opening up a coloring book and going to town when there's some downtime is funny to think of

and Dubh's idea sounds pretty good

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • sedosedo Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    time for the silly names universe!

sedo on
    edited May 2009
    Alright guys, you know what I'm in favor of.
    Now Imma go ride some bikes.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Damnit, I wish Speed would weigh in.

I've got one idea for a fix, but it is not going to be pretty.

Then weigh in I shall!

I don't know how to deal with Matt since that kind of isn't my jurisdiction, but the easiest way to resolve the shit with Speed is either:

-He gets killed by the crew
    -He escapes the crew and has a happy life racing and starting a family with Ytlkrek.

Either way I switch to one of my alternates. Speed would probably only rejoin the crew if they killed or abandoned Gary and considering that this mess wasn't Bear's idea I don't think that's a fair solution.

I have been doing stupid bullshit since thread #1 and it's probably about time I got slapped on the wrist for it!

Speed Racer on
    edited May 2009
    Speed, NOOO!!!!

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited May 2009
    the intensestest of aim chatrooms

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited May 2009
    With who, and may I join?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited May 2009

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited May 2009
    Okay one sec, just gotta put the finishing touches on this report...
    EDIT: Alright, I'm on

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
This discussion has been closed.