As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Glossolalia ++] The Melancholy of Dubh McStubblylegs

• LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    damn it

aim is being dumb

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    It's all good Lock, things are resolved.
    Also it looks like your entire homeplanet turned gay?
    Sucks dude, sorry.

Not our fault.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    uh

what?

actually

nevermind

i don't want to know

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    [Aboard the Redeemed]
    Speed sends a transmission to the nearest Urson Pathway and queues up a jump to the station nearest Tetteren 7. The Redeemed flares its engines once and coasts toward the massive Urson structure, its tiny crew watching absently through the bridge canopy as other ships pass between the arms of the crescent and vanish.

"Well, we've got ten hours until our spot is up, I'm takin' a nap," Ytlkrek says standing and walking back to the "captain's" quarters. Not having much else to do, Speed follows her, leaving Matt alone on the bridge.

A sleek black wraith of a ship emerges from the Path and slides silently toward the Redeemed.

Thieresai slides a finger across the pale blue control hologram in front of her, a smile twisting across the scar on her face.

Aboard the Redeemed, the doors click quietly shut, there locking circuitry jammed.

Her SECond Skin congealing out of the blue dust around her, Thieresai exits the airlock and pushes off toward the bruise-purple hull of the Redeemed, her boots touching down with a faint thunk that reverberates up through her suit and down into the ship.

She flips down onto the starboard side and waves her hand at the airlock controls, forcing them open and pulling herself into the cargo hold of the Starfighter.

Speed starts awake as a heavy knock rings out through the captain's quarters. Ytlkrek grumbles and rolls over. Before he can reach it, the door slides open, revealing the black-suited form of SECommander Thieresai Sanzibel, her reflective facemask scattering her pale blue suit-lights around the chamber, giving the place an eerie, ethereal tinge.

"Speed Racer," she says cheerfully, extending a hand. "I'd like to make you an offer."

DE?AD on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    "How'd you get in here and what do you want from us?"

Speed Racer on
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Woah, things got weird for a bit there.

NeoToma on
    edited May 2009
    [Aboard the Redeemed]
    "I hacked the ship's systems. They're not particularly inspired. What I want from you, is for you to do the right thing. Matt's gone rogue, you know that. He's off his rocker, and he's leading you down the road to crazy-ville too."

She sits down on the edge of the bed, causing Ytlkrek to slap at her half-heartedly and roll over.

"We made a mistake bringing him back. We thought he was... a little more stable than he turned out to be. We wanted an upstanding member of the crew, and, well, we chose wrong." She pops her knuckles and leans forward. "But we think we have a new candidate to consider.

"What do you say, Speed Racer? You want to be a hero? Return to your crew like the prodigal son? Abandon your temporary insanity, rejoin your friends, and help steer the world toward a better more peaceful and beautiful tomorrow?"

DE?AD on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    "You want me to spy on the crew." Speed considers her carefully. On one hand he just wanted to be rid of all of this nonsense. On the other, if he accepted her offer, he could make sure that Gary didn't hurt anyone else.

"I'll do it, but I want no part of whatever it is you did to Matt that allowed you to cause him intense pain at will. If you want me to work for you your only guarantee that I will do my job correctly will be my word."

Speed Racer on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Just as a thought-

There is no reason that Ursa shouldn't be doing regular cargo runs.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    edited May 2009
    [Aboard the Redeemed]
    Thieresai crosses her arms. After a moment, she nods. "Fair enough. I don't like it, my superiors don't like it, but fair enough."

She holds her hand out and a blue dust pours from the seams of her suit, congealing into a sleek bracer of shiny black. She holds it out for Speed. "Here you go. An external SECkov colony with a basic interface. It's backwards-tech and comparatively laggy, but it'll do until you smarten up and go internal."

DE?AD on
    edited May 2009
    "As long as your skorokov networks can be remotely controlled I have no intentions of using them.

What do you intend to do with Matt?"

Speed Racer on
    edited May 2009
    [Aboard the Redeemed]
    "Look, kid, I appreciate the idealism, I really do, but we need you to be wired. We're trusting you, you need to trust us. Relationships are a two-way street."

She reaches up and taps the side of her helmet, retracting her mirror-like facemask. "We have no intentions toward Matt. We simply want you to restrain him and return him to Gary. Captain Thrustwaist is free to do with him as he chooses."

DE?AD on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I know how to solve this.

Gary will be blown away.

Figuratively.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited May 2009
    What is it, Dubh?

What will blow Gary away?

Figuratively.

DE?AD on
    edited May 2009
    Oh, I think you know.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• BearstranautBearstranaut Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hmmm

Bearstranaut on
    You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    Hurm

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited May 2009
    SLURM

250px-FryandtheSlurmFactory.png

Bearstranaut on
    You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    PARTY TIME!!!

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Party on, contest-winner.

DE?AD on
    edited May 2009
    sussspeennsseee

Bearstranaut on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    Speed picked a terrible time to sleep.

Jerk.

DE?AD on
    edited May 2009
    Alright guys, I can't wait much longer, so I'm goin to bed

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited May 2009
    G'night, Tommy.

DE?AD on
    edited May 2009
    what a rube

Bearstranaut on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    THE ANTICIPATION IS KILLING ME
    KILLING ME

KILL
    ING

ME

Bearstranaut on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited May 2009
    KILLING ME

Bearstranaut on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    Actually, I just finished my essay, I can stay up.

And, thank you for posting that Dubh.
    Thanks
    IT'S GONNA BE FUCKING STUCK IN MY HEAD ALL DAY TOMORROW

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Just gonna have to be a different man, Tommy.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited May 2009
    Fuck you

I'm listening to the Arab money remix to try and get it outta my head
    IT'S NOT FUCKING WORKING
    EGFZRSDFZAREHJTR AHUUJSTR ZJRYS!!!

EDIT: I've seen some pretty bad Youtube comments before, but damn
    These are all one after another, and posted within an hour of each other
    xxlinkinboyxx (13 hours ago)
    hey guyz just try to respect every religion be4 u get fucked later

Okay, it's stupid, but it means well.
    xxlinkinboyxx (13 hours ago)
    hey guyz respet other religions like how we respect urs !!
    fuck who have no respect
    i think we muslims have passions and u will c wut will happen 4 u guyz inshallah

Okay then...
    xxlinkinboyxx (12 hours ago)
    ya i 4got to mension smth musilims atleast thy dont get fucked thier sisters only with few dollars and no prob ur smilling and laughin and ur sis are gettin fucked so stuped dont u c the womanz and gurls of arabs wears 7egab all tht to get so far from those things and wht u do take a gurl fuck her thn search for other 1 is like to smoke a ciggarate thn throw it sooo just c ur self guyz we r the best we will own u us slave later on.

D:

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited May 2009
    It was only until later I discovered that Monarch Butterflies migrate south for the winter -

here.....to mehico...

Bearstranaut on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    Dubh wrote: »
    This should help

I swear to god Dubh, if I ever meet you in real life.

Before I even say Hi, you're gonna get punched in the chest.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited May 2009
    and then some guy you thought was dubh will go to jail for assaulting a minor.

Bearstranaut on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    Bowie is good for you.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited May 2009
    and then some guy you thought was dubh will go to jail for assaulting a minor.

He had it coming

EDIT: DAMN YOU AND YOUR NINJA EDITS

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Alright, I'm going to sleep for real now.

I swear to god Dead, if you start this up again right after I leave...

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Really, I didn't want to do the whole separation thing and I want to keep playing, but I was just sick of nearly every crewmate's personality being a variant of dick.

I am counting myself, yes.

Antimatter on
  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    er, what personality would you have preferred

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.