As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Troubles installing vist for the first time.

TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
Ok, so I just bult a new computer and I'm having trouble installing vista. Every time it gets to the point where it has to reboot the computer restarts, posts, I press a key to boot from the dvd drive and when the installer loads it puts me back at step 1. I've gone through the setup again and when selecting the partition I want vista on it's got ~6gb on it so it's clear that it's installing. I tried putting the dvd drive first in the boot order but that didn't help. This is the first time I've ever installed vista so I'm completely lost. Anyone had this problem before?

EH28YFo.jpg
Taranis on

• Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    are you sure it isn't just at the point where its finished copying the files from the dvd to the hdd and needs to boot from the hdd to continue the installation ?

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    exoplasmexoplasm Gainfully Employed Near Blizzard HQRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, when it reboots don't boot from the install disc.

exoplasm on
    1029386-1.png
    SC2 NA: exoplasm.519 | PA SC2 Mumble Server | My Website | My Stream
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    are you sure it isn't just at the point where its finished copying the files from the dvd to the hdd and needs to boot from the hdd to continue the installation ?

hah yeah that was it I feel dumb.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg