As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Taking screenshots of videos

RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
How do you take screenshots of videos on XP? I know you can save snapshots with nearly any media player, but I'm trying to use Camtasia to record audio commentary while using a video card to record video from my N64 to start a Let's Play. My guess is that if I can somehow enable a way of taking screenshots of videos I'll also be able to record video with Camtasia.

Turns out Camtasia can't record the image being captured. Is there any way to make it do it? Any alternative to Camtasia?

RockinX on

• Options
    exoplasmexoplasm Gainfully Employed Near Blizzard HQRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    You have to do some trickery to disable overlay or something.

You could always just combine the audio and video later.

exoplasm on
    1029386-1.png
    SC2 NA: exoplasm.519 | PA SC2 Mumble Server | My Website | My Stream
  • Options
    kazanmakazanma Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    This sounds like it could be a hardware overlay issue. If you open a second instance of the video, it should be visible because the hardware overlay has been dedicated to the first video instance.

Your video card drivers may have an option to disable the hardware overlay as well.

kazanma on