As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade: Year1Retrospective (limited ed)

Cb151Cb151 Registered User new member
edited June 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I have found the following book in my garage while sorting through it:

Year One: A Penny Arcade Retrospective (Limited Edition) signed by Jerry Holkins and Mike Krahulik.

I took the rest of the books I found into a second hand bookshop and the owner seemed to think that it might be worth something. Does anyone have any idea what, if anything, it is worth?

Thanks for any help you're able to give.

cb151

Cb151 on

• Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Er, was the book in great condition or was it pretty dog-eared and worn?

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    It's in pristine condition. In it's cardboard cover.

Cb151 on
  • Options
    fatmousefatmouse Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Ebay it.

You will make $$$ on this!!!

Penny Arcade runs a charity called Child's Play. You can set your auction up to benefit the Child's Play charity if you are feelin in the Christmas spirit! 8)

fatmouse on
  • Options
    FibretipFibretip Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    if you were going to ebay it and give the money to childsplay you could email tycho about it and he might pimp it on the blog. If i recall correctly it's one of the rarest bits of PA gear around... it would definately generate some interest if the right people heard about it.

If you're going to keep the money for yourself... put it in your sig and make an effort to get involved in as many high profile threads as you can to get the news out there!

Fibretip on
    I believe in angels, not the kind with wings, no...not the kind with halos, the kind who bring you home
  • Options
    CentipeedCentipeed Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Where did that thing come from? You sound like you didn't know you had it by the way you say you found it.

Centipeed on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Maybe it wasn't really his garage, but a neighbor's. :wink:

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    If you wanna be a very stand-up, classy, generous gentlemen email Jerry & Mike and tell them that you've got something you would like to donate to ChildsPlay if they think it'd draw anything. I think it'd be a big hit. That sounds very cool.

If you need the money for you, then eBay that mo'fo. :)

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Thanks for all your help.

For the suspicious ones amongst you, the book was left (with about 400 others) in our garage by an old tenant who never came back to pick them up.

I will probably eBay it and give the proceeds to charity, although I'm afraid they will go to another children's charity I'm involved in (www.campusholidays.org.uk), rather than to Child's Play.

cb151

Cb151 on
  • Options
    ryuprechtryuprecht Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Did you ever sell your copy? Mine is up on eBay right now since I need some money. You can watch here:

No. Just no.

To see how much it goes for so you can get an approximation on its value.

-r

ryuprecht on
This discussion has been closed.