As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Reloading songs onto new computer, keeping edits I previously made in iTunes

atkbobatkbob Registered User regular
Over the past few years, I've been editing my song data through iTunes (eg. changing artists and albums tags) rather than changing the file through Windows Explorer. I got a new computer, and I transferred my songs from iTunes to an external harddrive and kept the songs on my iPod. The songs on my iPod have the edited tags, but when I transfer my songs from my harddrive back into iTunes, all the changes I've made have reverted. Is there a way to transfer the songs from my iPod and keep the changes I made in my old iTunes?

atkbobsig4kp5me8zl.png
atkbob on

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    You'll want to find your iTunes database file (usually in a folder near your music, I forget what the actual filename is) and overwrite your new iTunes database with that one. It should have all your changes in it. Neither iTunes or Zune make changes immediately on files when you edit tags. They should eventually, but there's no way I know of to manually force it to go ahead with the write. That's why I use Foobar2000 to edit my tags since it immediately writes them to the file.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png